Different framerate terrible work

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cadeg_rsh

Different framerate terrible work

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am

Very, very terrible experience working with different framerate on same timeline!
It unusable! Rec timecodes are not usable, because on timeline and in rendered movie (it send to script supervisor to make some correction) it different.
You can't make multicam with right framerate. It just automatically set it to bigger one. And you can't change it.
With new feature of change timeline settings I can't change framerate down.
If i copy sync video and audio from another timeline to right framerate timeline, I get shifted files inside copied piece.
Dose anybody work with different framerate in same project?

roger.magnusson

Re: Differen framerate TERRIBLE work

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 am

It should work as long as you set the correct timeline frame rate before adding any media to it. After that you can't change it.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:47 am

Roman, maybe you can break down the steps from the beginning to see where your problem is.

create a new project, put in one video and audio clip, sync them.
Put them in a timeline and see that they are still synced.

now make a new timeline and place the same synced clip into that.

are they still synced?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

cadeg_rsh

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 10:31 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Roman, maybe you can break down the steps from the beginning to see where your problem is.

create a new project, put in one video and audio clip, sync them.
Put them in a timeline and see that they are still synced.

now make a new timeline and place the same synced clip into that.

are they still synced?

I did a various projects (six now). The results is always one.
For the first time I didn't notice that my staff has different framerate and do as always — started to sync it in multicam.
Than, I notice different, because I created new Timeline and place synced Multicam on them and frame rate count shows 50 fps.

So, I made new project, set all preference I need as default (25p fullHD) and re-check them. Than, I created new Multicam with same framerate clips and it work as usually and after that I created Multicam with clips with different framerate (as I need). And framerate count shown me 50 fps again.

After that I made new project. And make new Timeline with right settings (remind it was 1080p25) and synced files manually. Than I rendered this files to script supervisor with Rec Timecode Burned on. After I have a script and tried to find the necessary timecode on Timeline in Project. And they didn't coincide. To find the necessary timecode I needed to multiply the number by two.

OK, than I try to copy fragment from manually synced Timeleine to «EDIT-Timeline» (with 1080p25 settings) and in it all video and audio have shifted.

Than I tried another way. I tried to insert a synced Timeline. And it work as expected. But when I use «decompose in place», I have same result as early.

Return to DaVinci Resolve