Key board short cuts for switching between panels

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

InterrobangMP

Key board short cuts for switching between panels

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 11:07 pm

I need to do this in the MEDIA tab. I know the shortcuts for the edit tab, but I cannot seem to find these short cuts in the keyboard customization menu for the Media tab

Marc Wielage

Re: Key board short cuts for switching between panels

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 am

Workspace -> Primary Workspace.

The Media page is the first one listed.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Jim Simon

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Those shortcuts are disabled on the Media page. Not sure why.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

dariobigi

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 pm

If you’re on a Mac che your keyboard settings and disable all the system shortcuts

HP z840 - (2) 14 Core 2.6GHz - 64GB RAM - 2 TitanX 12GB - SSD 8TB RAID - Win 10 Pro 1809 - DR 15.3 Studio - Fusion 9.0.2 Studio - BMD Mini Panel - FSI CM250 - Panny BT300
Dario Bigi, Colorist
http://dariobigi.com
New York
C: 1-646-436-4600

HPz840 - 2x 14 Core 2.6GHz - 64GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
2x RTX 2080Ti (SD 472.84)
Resolve Studio 17.4.6
Decklink 4K Extreme (12.2.2)
FSI CM250
Panasonic FZ1000
Mini Panel

Jean Claude

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 5:06 pm

InterrobangMP wrote:I need to do this in the MEDIA tab. I know the shortcuts for the edit tab, but I cannot seem to find these short cuts in the keyboard customization menu for the Media tab

Hello Paul,

Maybe try :
switching between panels.jpg

:oops:
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

InterrobangMP

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 10:15 pm

[quote="dariobigi"]If you’re on a Mac che your keyboard settings and disable all the system shortcuts

How does one know if a short cut is a system shortcut in the "keyboard customization" window? And how do you disable all of them? Or is it something you'd have to do manually?

I could not do without "opt"+"tab" to switch between apps, though. Is it normal for the dock to NOTa appear when you move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen when Resolve is open? "Opt"+"tab" is the only work around I've found for this.
2021 Macbook Pro M1Max
10-core CPU, 32-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
64GB RAM
Resolve 18

InterrobangMP

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 10:23 pm

Jean Claude wrote:
InterrobangMP wrote:I need to do this in the MEDIA tab. I know the shortcuts for the edit tab, but I cannot seem to find these short cuts in the keyboard customization menu for the Media tab

Hello Paul,

Maybe try :
switching between panels.jpg

:oops:

Thanks Jean, but these shirtcuts are dissabled when in the Media tab. It's infuriating, for a couple reasons. I'm working in dual screen mode: If i select a clip in the media browser, it then is opened in the viewer, but to get all of the short cut functionality to create subclips, rename clips, and not have weird things happen when I scrub the timeline with shortcut keys, I have to click in the viewer with my mouse curser to activate that window. and then if I want to rename a clip IO have to click back in the media browser again. I've had Devinci crash three times using the rename shortcut key I have assigned if I don't use this work flow and try only to use keystrokes. It is slowing things down substantially working like this.
2021 Macbook Pro M1Max
10-core CPU, 32-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
64GB RAM
Resolve 18

Jean Claude

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 9:18 am

Hello Paul,

I had the same problem on Windows for 2 reasons:
1) OS-level key combinations take precedence over all softwares
2) Depending on the language of the keyboard (here FR with the accents, etc ...), the keys are not in the same place from Davinci Resolve Keyboard

What you can try:
a) you open the Keyboard customization panel
b) [1] on the top right you have 3 small dots: you click and you make "Save as new preset" and you give a name
c) You go in Workspace => Switch to Page and page by page you redefine a new keystroke:
You click at the place of the command, you click on the small cross to delete the command and when the place is empty: you enter the new combination of key (if a combination is already used, you will receive an alert. case, it will be necessary to find a new free combination)
d) you save
e) [2] then you click on the Shift key
(if you used the same keys as me)
f) Then one by one you click on F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6 and F7

For each press F, Davinci Resolve displays the (new) command (here Shift F2 see [3] and it is CUT)

If everything is OK. You close and it must work, even if you are in the Media page.

Customization Keyboard.jpg

:)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Return to DaVinci Resolve