Can't leave fullscreen mode

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ijunghaertchen

Can't leave fullscreen mode

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 am

Activation of fullscreen mode via green (+) button in top left corner switches Resolve 16 Beta 4 & 5 into fullscreen mode which cannot be exited.
In Fullscreen mode, the menubar is always active, so the window control buttons have no chance of appearing when moving the mouse to the top right corner. Also, the dock won't slide in from the screen bottom.

Keyboard commands such as esc, cmd-esc do not work. Restart of ap and/or mac won't resolve the issue: Resolve is stuck in fullscreen mode.

Experienced on an iMac 5K. I'm not trying it on other Macs, I don't want to also be stuck in fullscreen on them.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can't leave fullscreen mode

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 10:06 am

Try, workspace menu, full screen mode.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

ijunghaertchen

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

This got me out of fullscreen, thanks. Selecting "Workspace/Full Screen" brought me back to a traditional windowed application.

I still would consider this behavior confusing and counterintuitive, but it's a way of getting DaVinci Resolve out of fullscreen.

Thank you for your quick answer!

Boxlab

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Thank you so much! I was losing my mind on this...'much appreciated.

Antonio Bonomo

PostFri Jun 05, 2020 4:07 pm

I'm having this same problem, but I can't uncheck the Full Screen Window, as that line has a check mark, but it is greyed out, so I can't deselect it. I am using two monitors, is that a function of having two monitors? Do I need to set it to just one monitor to go to a windowed version? Or am I missing something else? *** Edit *** I'm working from home, and right after I posted this, I went back and disabled the second screen, and I was then allowed to uncheck the Full Screen Window. Problem solved.

linshukla

PostMon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 am

I needed this page to get me out of fullscreen mode.
And the reason why I GOT into fullscreen mode is because otherwise the davinci window bottom drops below the bottom of my screen so I cannot even grab the bottom edge to resize it!

Is there another way to NOT be in fullscreen but so that the window is not so big as to drop below the bottom of my screen? :?

Return to DaVinci Resolve