Dynacore battery plate

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Tim Veal

Dynacore battery plate

PostMon May 20, 2013 10:46 pm

I've decided to go with an AB battery system so I can power the cam and all the accessories with one battery system. I'll probably start with the Globalmedia starter kit but need a way to mount the battery to rails. Since I want to power multiple items it looks like my choices are Lanparte, Tilta, or Dynacore. I've seen good reports on both the Lanparte and Tilta. Anyone used the Dynacore plate? It is cheaper but not sure about its reliability. Just looking for any pros or cons from those of you that have used these.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: Dynacore battery plate

PostTue May 21, 2013 3:36 am

I haven't used the items you mention, but I'm planning to use the following items from IKAN, AB, Wooden Camera, & CPM (the latter is carbon fiber):
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... ttery.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2 ... Multi.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8 ... plate.html
http://www.cpmcamerarigs.com/DSLR_Shoul ... dr_kit.htm

-

Tim Veal

PostWed May 22, 2013 3:12 am

I looked at the Ikan plate too. It comes out to about the same price after adding the extra power taps so I figured I'd just go with a all in one plate. Have you used a cpm rig before? Just wondering because I have one but wouldn't get another one. I've had it for several years though so they might be better now.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostWed May 22, 2013 4:17 am

Tim Veal wrote:I looked at the Ikan plate too. It comes out to about the same price after adding the extra power taps so I figured I'd just go with a all in one plate. Have you used a cpm rig before? Just wondering because I have one but wouldn't get another one. I've had it for several years though so they might be better now.

Hi Tim: When the CPM shoulder pad & handles arrive next week, it'll be the first time I've seen a CPM product. I'm interested in their stuff because it's carbon fiber; I want a lightweight rig. If I don't like the CPM parts (or any of the other brand rig parts) I'll return them for a refund.

-

thomas bruegger

PostWed May 22, 2013 2:38 pm

I use the Dynacore for a year now with Globalmediapro V-Mount Batteries, never let me down so far. its the one without the hdmi splitter. use it to power a 5D / Nikon 7100 + DP6 + BM Shuttle Recorder. The DP6 has to be powered over the the d-tab socket of the adapter since it draws more watts than the side outputs can handle.

Thomas

here it is on the rig:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8088
Thomas Bruegger / garage5 GmbH
www.garage5.ch

Tim Veal

PostWed May 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info Thomas. I'm surprised it wont power your DP6 from the plate as it looks like it has the connections to do so. I couldn't find any info on how may watts it can output. Do you know that? I have a DP4 which is only a watt less then yours.

Peter, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the new CPM rig.

thomas bruegger

PostMon May 27, 2013 2:54 pm

I couldn't find any info on how may watts it can output

support has told me after i asked if the unit is defect. actually you can power it from the plate if you use the d-tap port since this is a passthrough of the battery, but all the round dc ports on the plate can alltogether not power the camera and the dp-6 together. power the dp6 from the d-tap and youll be a happy dynacore owner like i am. :) . Although i would go for the lanparte V-Mount plate its probably the better choice since it also has a usb 5v port, can be very handy.

Thomas
Thomas Bruegger / garage5 GmbH
www.garage5.ch

Return to Cinematography