Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

KPrins

Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll

PostWed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am

Uninstalled previous version of Resolve and installed DaVinci_Resolve_15.0b1_Windows.exe on Windows 8.1, 64-bits, x64-processor. GeForce GTX 770 GPU. Installations completes, but if I start Resolve I get the message: "Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll". Re-installation of Resolve does not change things. Microsoft states that this dll is not part of Windows and should be provided by the software supplier. I remember having a similar problem wit an earlier beta-version, witch was resolved in the production-version. Can you provide me with this dll?

Giancarlo

Re: Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

I have exactly the same issue on a Windows 8.1 computer.
I don't know where to get this .dll, some help would be appreciated.

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Giancarlo wrote:I have exactly the same issue on a Windows 8.1 computer.
I don't know where to get this .dll, some help would be appreciated.

That is a Windows dll, you do not get it from anywhere. The problem could that the dll is not registered, or some bad application could have unregistered it. Also, a virus on your system could have unregistered.

First try from command line as Adminstrater regsrv32 Missing api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll, then reboot to see if problem is solved.

Second method:
The fix is simple thankfully. All you need to do is copy a DLL file from the system32 folder of the Windows 7 installation to the root Windows10Upgrade folder.

Open c:\windows\system32\ using Explorer or another file manager.
Type "wimg" quickly to jump to the right file. Or, browse until you find the file wimgapi.dll this way.
Select wimgapi.dll, right-click on it, and select copy from the context menu.
Open c:\Windows10Update\
Right-click on the folder and select Paste.
Confirm that you want to replace the pasted DLL file with the existing one.
The process may require elevation. Accept the prompt as well.

More details here: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/03/fix-t ... ing-error/

montyfox

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 am

I too am having this problem. I have Windows 8.1 64bit x64 based processor. Has anyone been able to resolve this? I'm not upgrading to Windows 10 so moving a DLL to an upgrade folder is not an option. Will Resolve 15 Beta even work on Windows 8.1? I'd really like to use this software but I'm not upgrading to Windows 10.

Thanks

Waterboy

PostWed Sep 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi, I found a solution that worked for me for Windows 8.1.

A DLL file in the DaVinci Resolve installation folder ( OpenCL.dll ) checks for a few things in addition to existence of the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll in the system folders.

api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll is a windows 10 file so simply delete (or rename to OpenCL.dll.old in case you need it later) and you can get into the program.

Hope that helps people.

Cheers!

nantkathy

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 am

Hi,

I installed DaVinci Resolve 15. The installation is successful but I cannot open it.
The message showed System error !
" The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-1-2-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
I tried to reinstalled so many times, but still cannot open it.

System Info :
Windows 8.1
64 bit Operating system.

Please advise !

Thank you in advance.

Fotis Markou

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 9:47 am

Waterboy wrote:Hi, I found a solution that worked for me for Windows 8.1.

A DLL file in the DaVinci Resolve installation folder ( OpenCL.dll ) checks for a few things in addition to existence of the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll in the system folders.

api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-2.dll is a windows 10 file so simply delete (or rename to OpenCL.dll.old in case you need it later) and you can get into the program.

Hope that helps people.

Cheers!

I tried to rename the OpenCL.dll but then I tried to open resolve again and I was sent an error report that OpenCL.dll was missing from my PC. Then I tried to just delete OpenCL.dll and then I was sent the exact same error report.
If anyone knows how to solve that problem then please tell me!

Miguel Palmer

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 6:46 pm

I just downloaded V16.0.0.060 and got it to run in Win8.1 Pro 64 using the rename the OpenCL.dll file trick.

When I first started Resolve, the program hung at the Welcome screen. I simply used Task Manager to kill the Welcome process. And then I can run the program.

It appears that Resolve recognizes my GTX-960, as it appears in the choices like it used to back in the early days when Resolve ran in Win7.

I know these later versions of Resolve are not supported on anything less than Win10. And my understanding is that Win10 might bring some functionality that Resolve needs to work right. But I tried installing Linux to run Resolve. After two days of frustration, I gave up. And I don't ever see myself installing spyware/constantly changing/buggy Win10.

JealousBean

PostTue Jul 19, 2022 5:43 pm

Well, Waterboy's solution helps me. Windows 8.1 too. DaVinci 18 beta has been started

Return to DaVinci Resolve