(I have decklink, but...) Full Screen Display LUT please :)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Anton Meleshkevich

(I have decklink, but...) Full Screen Display LUT please :)

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Please add an option to apply GUI display LUT to Full Screen mode.
Or better add an option to use independent display LUTs for GUI preview and new full screen mode.

Yes, I have decklink monitor card. But it has 12 frames lag (on different PCs, fresh OS, latest drivers, different GPUs). So I'd like to be able to add calibration LUT for fullscreen mode and use this instead of decklink.

LUT box seems to be a bad idea, because it will operate with 8 bit signal in this case.

Jim Simon

Re: (I have decklink, but...) Full Screen Display LUT please

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Full Screen display goes through the GPU and isn't well suited for accurate monitoring.

You're best option is still the Decklink.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

timble

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Yes. LUT for full screen viewer is a necessity.
www.learnresolve.com

Kenzo

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Anton Meleshkevich wrote:Yes, I have decklink monitor card. But it has 12 frames lag (on different PCs, fresh OS, latest drivers, different GPUs).

Try older drivers, I have Intensity Pro and i had problem with lag too. I'm back to Desktop video 10.9.5 driver and it's ok.
Eryk Rogozinski
www.art-fx.eu

Micha Clazing

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 3:07 pm

I am guessing this is simply not added yet because it's the first beta version with full screen GPU output functionality. Since GPU full screen output will always be a different monitor than the GUI monitor, I'd like to request a third LUT option alongside the viewer and monitoring LUTs. This way, you can have more or less accurate output in the viewer (monitor 1), hero display (monitor 2), and optionally a third display driven by the GPU, without having to rely on external signal splitters and hardware LUT boxes.

Additionally, the elephant in the room regarding GPU full screen output is that this now allows owners of the Blackmagic eGPU box to do basic monitoring with just a laptop and the eGPU attached to a reference monitor, greatly saving on precious bandwidth and ports, both of which are scarce on laptops.

Greatly looking forward to seeing this feature become a first-class citizen in future betas as 16.1 matures.

Anton Meleshkevich

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am

Kenzo wrote:
Anton Meleshkevich wrote:Yes, I have decklink monitor card. But it has 12 frames lag (on different PCs, fresh OS, latest drivers, different GPUs).

Try older drivers, I have Intensity Pro and i had problem with lag too. I'm back to Desktop video 10.9.5 driver and it's ok.

Thank you! But unfortunately older drivers don't support resolve v16.

Anton Meleshkevich

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 am

Finally I found a solution for decklink delay. I just turned on Hide UI Overlays.
However it makes GUI video preview to use the same calibration LUT which is set for video monitoring.

So I just hope, whatever changes will be added for new fullscreen video preview and it's LUT slot, it won't break everything with decklink monitoring :)

Kenzo

PostFri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 am

Anton Meleshkevich wrote:Thank you! But unfortunately older drivers don't support resolve v16.

Maybe not, but with my Resolve 16 works very well. :)
Eryk Rogozinski
www.art-fx.eu

Mario Kalogjera

PostFri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 pm

I second (or third?) the request for a LUT slot for the new second screen viewer option !!!

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk
Asus Prime X370-Pro+R7 3700X@PBO+32 GB G.Skill AEGIS DDR-4@3200MHz
Sapphire RX6700 10GB
Adata A400 120GB System,A2000 500GB Scratch SSDs
Media storage:"Always in motion is it"
BMD Mini Monitor 4K
Windows 11 Pro+Resolve Studio 18+Fusion Studio 18

TobiJitsu

PostSat Aug 31, 2019 5:54 am

+1 .... +9000 actually :)

Micha Clazing

PostSun Nov 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Micha Clazing wrote:I am guessing this is simply not added yet because it's the first beta version with full screen GPU output functionality.
Greatly looking forward to seeing this feature become a first-class citizen in future betas as 16.1 matures.

Just installed 16.1.1 and unfortunately this is still unavailable. Not even the viewer LUTs get applied to the GPU output. Maybe it'll make it in just in time for the Mac Pro launch, probably in December.

Dan Sherman

PostFri Dec 20, 2019 6:03 am

Micha Clazing wrote:Just installed 16.1.1 and unfortunately this is still unavailable. Not even the viewer LUTs get applied to the GPU output. Maybe it'll make it in just in time for the Mac Pro launch, probably in December.

I came across this tonight, and it definitely doesn't make sense.

At the very minimum, the color viewer lut should be applied to the clean feed. Ideally though it should have it's own lut, because it will be on a secondary display.
AMD 7950X | AMD 7900XTX (23.20.24) | DDR5-6000 CL30-40-40-96 2x32 GB | Multiple PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME | ASUS x670e HERO | Win 11 Pro 23H2 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 B7

kinvermark

PostWed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 pm

+1. Video clean feed IS affected by your selection of viewer LUTs in project preferences.
Windows 10 laptop. Intel i7-10750H, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 4070 ti Super eGPU, SSD disks. Resolve Studio (latest)

Micha Clazing

PostThu Dec 26, 2019 6:58 pm

kinvermark wrote:+1. Video clean feed IS affected by your selection of viewer LUTs in project preferences.

I've just recently tested it and that's not the case on my system (Windows 16.1.2). It's very simple to test by using the invert colour 1DLUT; colours are only inverted on the main monitor viewer, not the secondary monitor clean feed.

kinvermark

PostFri Dec 27, 2019 2:48 am

Hi Micha,

Try the 3d LUT, works here.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.27 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Windows 10 laptop. Intel i7-10750H, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 4070 ti Super eGPU, SSD disks. Resolve Studio (latest)

Micha Clazing

PostSat Dec 28, 2019 3:10 pm

kinvermark wrote:Hi Micha,

Try the 3d LUT, works here.

Interesting. The video monitor LUT applies to the viewer and clean feed, but only on the Cut and Edit pages. This seems to be a bug, as at least for the viewer, it should use the viewer LUT instead. I wonder in which version this bug was introduced.

The Fusion, Color, Fairlight and Deliver pages correctly use the viewer LUT for the viewer, and don't use any LUT for the clean feed.

While somebody looks over the code to fix the bug, I'd very much appreciate it if a separate clean feed LUT gets added to the color management tab in project settings. :)

kinvermark

PostSat Dec 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Confirmed bug/issue.

Looks like the EDIT/CUT teams think one way and the COLOR team thinks another. That's not good.

andreyhv

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 11:51 pm

Still not fixed :(

Kel Philm

PostSun May 17, 2020 12:43 am

When is this bug going to get fixed, I reported it a while ago, no response, come on BMD!

aurora801

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 8:23 am

+1 BUMP. I'm getting the same problem. Whe I apply a LUT to the slot I presume SHOULD only be affecting the Decklink output, it also applies that same LUT to my GUI viewer in the color page, totally negating the careful calibration I did -separately- to that monitor for use in resolve.

Please let's get this fixed, BM.

Return to DaVinci Resolve