Awesome footage shot on the blackmagic

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

jeroenvanderpoel

Awesome footage shot on the blackmagic

PostThu May 23, 2013 7:51 am

Although I need to see, next time I rent it if i can get an additional viewfinder, I loved this camera, this is shot in raw.
The raw picture is then rendered in resolve with bmd film lut, with the full range, and then graded in After Effects..
Let me know what you think!

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: Awesome footage shot on the blackmagic

PostThu May 23, 2013 10:58 am

jeroenvanderpoel wrote:Although I need to see, next time I rent it if i can get an additional viewfinder, I loved this camera, this is shot in raw.
The raw picture is then rendered in resolve with bmd film lut, with the full range, and then graded in After Effects..
Let me know what you think!

I enjoyed the music!

I'm curious how you recorded & post-processed the nice clean audio?

The l-o-n-g close up shot at the beginning is annoyingly out of focus, but as you say, in future an external EVF may help with that. ;-)

Although the video is very simple, I like it. It fits the unplugged, acoustic vibe. Cheers.

-

jeroenvanderpoel

PostThu May 23, 2013 12:33 pm

your absolutly right, I couldnt barely see the screen.. And evf is def. the way to go, on this little baby...

Marc Koecher

PostThu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Great song and arrangement! Also really liked the live look and atmosphere that suited the material. Good job!

I'm also curious as to the audio recording. Specifically the vocal. I can see how most of the other elements were miked, and can hear nice mix touches as well. But I am always curious as to the various ways the vocals are recorded. Seems like you got nice separation between the voice and guitar he ways playing.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing the video and information.

jeroenvanderpoel

PostThu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

to be ownest with you guys, I was not that happy with the sound.
I do a lot of mixing and mastering myself. I can go in depth with that, but dont know what level of knowledge you have...
Here's in example with the blackmagic where iam happy with the sound and mix and mastering. Would love to see if you hear the difference...

Return to Cinematography