BUG: Can't nudge spline points horizontally in Fusion page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bryan Ray

BUG: Can't nudge spline points horizontally in Fusion page

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm

It is very important to be able to use the keyboard to nudge spline points in Fusion. While we can still move them up and down with the arrow keys, the left and right nudge has been overridden by the next/previous frame controls, and no replacement hotkeys were provided.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Twester

Re: BUG: Can't nudge spline points horizontally in Fusion pa

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Wow, I find it hard to believe that this was not reported until now. I just upgraded to Fusion 16 and not having this hotkey feels like someone just cut off one of my fingers. Being able to nudge selected key frames 1 frame at a time and with the shift key 10 frames is very useful and a super quick way to make adjustments.

I really hope you will provide us a hotkey somewhere that will give us this feature back soon.

Thanks!
Terry Wester
12 Forward Entertainment

Twester

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Am I really the only person besides Bryan that thinks this should be addressed ASAP. This is super annoying and my biggest HATE with the new design of Fusion. The same problem exists in the Spline Graph and trying to nudge points on a Polygon mask. Nudge up and down arrows works fine, even shift up and down for 10X, but left and right arrows changes the frame number you are on.

Please fix this, or give us a alternate hot key!
Terry Wester
12 Forward Entertainment

BoomMedia

PostMon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 pm

I totally agree. I have called several times as well as emailed. I have been using Fusion since Eyeon 2.5 and not having this simple function is a nightmare. You can't nudge the center of a tool, you can't click on a slider and simly nudge it with the arrow keys. Although they did adress the angle tool on the tranform tool, you can now click on it and use the up and down arrows to adjust. There was just no reason to change any of the functions. It is beyond annoying to have to zoom in and use the mouse to make simple click based adjustments. And where is the bitmap mask???

PS - the arrows still nudge but only when using the kerning function which by the way is no longer availble thru the stylized text drop down on the bottom right once you've added a path. You actually have to copy the path, delete the path make your kerning adjustments and then animate the tool again and paste the copied path. Really???

SimplSam

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 am

I never really use the Fusion stand-alone, but have v9 installed for evaluation & testing.

Within Fusion-sa: There appears to be three Nudge modes:
  • Normal: U/D/R/L
  • Jump/Fast: Shft+U/D/R/L
  • Slow: Ctrl+U/D/R/L
Within DR Fusion: All the above for Up/Down, plus some alternate-key Nudge modes:
  • Jump/Fast: Shft+Alt+U/D/R/L
  • Slow: Ctrl+Alt+U/D/R/L --or-- Ctrl+Shft+U/D/R/L
I am thinking maybe in this scenario CTRL+Shft+U/D/R/L or ALT+U/D/R/L should have been 'Normal'. But it is what it is .... and better than nothing.

** This was tested on Windows - 16.1.1
Resolve Studio 18.6 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB

Sam

MLanghausen

PostFri Feb 21, 2020 6:46 am

I too find it odd that we are unable to use the Left/Right arrow keys to nudge mask points inside the Fusion page of Resolve.

Thank you for pointing out the additional shortcuts, while not ideal, at least I may now nudge L/R.

The user manual is incorrect and should be updated to reflect this.

Thanks,
ML
ASUS Prime X299 - Deluxe II
Intel Core i9 7980XE
80 GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA 3090Ti - Studio Driver
Intensity Pro 4k
Window 11 Pro

Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
Fusion Studio 17.3

davidmiller

PostThu May 28, 2020 8:15 am

Fusion 16's interface is a nightmare for a plethora of reasons but this is driving me insane. Been poring through hotkey customization scripts trying to find a way to fix this mess. So far I've only found a workaround to restore my custom layouts so I don't have to comp on one monitor like it's 1998.

If I figure something out besides just working in Fusion 9 I'll try to share the info but at this point I'm pretty tired. End users shouldn't be responsible for fixing something so fundamental.

Return to DaVinci Resolve