Pocket programmability and HDR.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Wayne Steven

Pocket programmability and HDR.

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Is there any programmability of the sensor for the Pocket? I'm interested in trying some of my HDR techniques to see if 16 stops is possible. I am sick of 13.x stops dynamic range.

I'm also closer on my design for a HDR lens filter.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

youlikeny

Re: Pocket programmability and HDR.

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 am

Wayne Steven wrote:Is there any programmability of the sensor for the Pocket? I'm interested in trying some of my HDR techniques to see if 16 stops is possible. I am sick of 13.x stops dynamic range.

I'm also closer on my design for a HDR lens filter.

Sick of 13 stops dynamic range?!?!?! Why??

Wayne Steven

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Looks. I have nearly 20 year old credit card camera with 16+stops. Sony sensors can do better, zcam does and looks amazing, Fran 8k did, Pocket did better, but we still get 13.x stops.
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

youlikeny

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Wayne Steven wrote:Looks. I have nearly 20 year old credit card camera with 16+stops. Sony sensors can do better, zcam does and looks amazing, Fran 8k did, Pocket did better, but we still get 13.x stops.

Not really sure why you want the Pocket4K to be what it isn't or why you even bothered to buy one if you have a 20yo credit card camera that's better than an Alexa or a RedCamera... Or why didn't you buy a ZCam?

The Fran8K doesn't even exists, it was a dream that failed before they could even get into production...
And the original Pocket didn't have more than 13stops of DR...

What's so bad about 13+stops of DR by the way? Films like the Social Network or the girl with the dragon tattoo got an Oscar nomination for best cinematography and were shot with a camera with less than 13stops of DR...

Kays Alatrakchi

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 4:04 pm

What in the world is a credit card camera!??!
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

michaeldhead

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Wayne Steven wrote:Looks. I have nearly 20 year old credit card camera with 16+stops.

I'd love to see a picture of that camera and some of the images it produces.
Michael D Head
www.michaeldhead.com
producer/writer/director/DP

Wayne Steven

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 pm

It's nearly 2000 kilometres away, and I'm sure the lithium battery has had it. I might find something on line to post.

Wayne Steven

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm

youlikeny wrote:
Wayne Steven wrote:Looks. I have nearly 20 year old credit card camera with 16+stops. Sony sensors can do better, zcam does and looks amazing, Fran 8k did, Pocket did better, but we still get 13.x stops.

Not really sure why you want the Pocket4K to be what it isn't or why you even bothered to buy one if you have a 20yo credit card camera that's better than an Alexa or a RedCamera... Or why didn't you buy a ZCam?

The Fran8K doesn't even exists, it was a dream that failed before they could even get into production...

What's so bad about 13+stops of DR by the way? Films like the Social Network or the girl with the dragon tattoo got an Oscar nomination for best cinematography and were shot with a camera with less than 13stops of DR...

It's a matter of exploring what can be done with the Sony hardware's capability and techniques. If you don't think that's great, never download a firmware update, improvements is also what people expect from them when making them!

Am I on a 20 year old credit card camera forum, or a zcam forum (will they ever reopen it)? What products do you think people talk about here?

Fran was = reality. They made it and filmed with it, and published samples. According to their chief, they are still going. It is likely they are going for financing, or have multiple companies. However, I'm not hooked on them.

You would be surprised at what the old pocket's spec supported. However, what's dynamic range, people ask. A few stops were probably buried in noise and not counted.

Professionally, 16 stops looks rather good, even 15 stops. You want to go real life, more latitude makes for better images with no lighting control. If you are doing lit scenes, then 16 stops require less light control then 12 stops. It just looks better. I just watched a film the other night which looked like it was shot on a pocket, or a Red MX, and it would have looked better if it was shot taking advantage of 17-20 stops. You can then render it yo tell the mood you like, particularly if your on set look wasn't as good.

Now, Alessandro, do you have anything constructive on topic to say? You are scaring away anybody who might be able to help!

youlikeny

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Wayne Steven wrote:
youlikeny wrote:

It's a matter of exploring what can be done with the Sony hardware's capability and techniques. If you don't think that's great, never download a firmware update, improvements is also what people expect from them when making them!

Am I on a 20 year old credit card camera forum, or a zcam forum (will they ever reopen it)? What products do you think people talk about here?

Fran was = reality. They made it and filmed with it, and published samples. According to their chief, they are still going. It is likely they are going for financing, or have multiple companies. However, I'm not hooked on them.

You would be surprised at what the old pocket's spec supported. However, what's dynamic range, people ask. A few stops were probably buried in noise and not counted.

Professionally, 16 stops looks rather good, even 15 stops. You want to go real life, more latitude makes for better images with no lighting control. If you are doing lit scenes, then 16 stops require less light control then 12 stops. It just looks better. I just watched a film the other night which looked like it was shot on a pocket, or a Red MX, and it would have looked better if it was shot taking advantage of 17-20 stops. You can then render it yo tell the mood you like, particularly if your on set look wasn't as good.

Now, Alessandro, do you have anything constructive on topic to say? You are scaring away anybody who might be able to help!

The topic is about getting a pocket and magically turn it into a 16+ stops camera. If that was possible Blackmagic would have done it. Simple as that. Nobody wants to cripple their own product unless there is a reason to...

You brought in the conversation a 16+ stops 20 yo camera, the Zcam and the Fran, that's how the discussion about cameras and DR took off...

Andrew Kolakowski

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 10:38 pm

Wayne Steven wrote:Fran was = reality. They made it and filmed with it, and published samples. According to their chief, they are still going. It is likely they are going for financing, or have multiple companies. However, I'm not hooked on them.

You mean this:

it's not even a prototype. From this point it would need another year or most likely more to maybe be ready to be sent to a "user".

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 1:31 am

Check this forum thread about extending camera dynamic range from shadows (again) viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65149

For better results always do Temporal Noise Reduction BEFORE boosting Expose (Gain in linear gamma node)

Check also "Creating cinematic wide gamut HDR-video for the evaluation of tone mapping operators and HDR-displays" PDF articles and HDR sample files on their FTP server:
https://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/~froehlich ... I_2014.pdf

https://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/~froehlich ... I_2014.pdf
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:00 am

Your provocative "magical" etc is wrong, mistaken and naive. You are trying to bully me and reality into your submission.

youlikeny wrote:The topic is about getting a pocket and magically turn it into a 16+ stops camera. If that was possible Blackmagic would have done it. Simple as that. Nobody wants to cripple their own product unless there is a reason to...

You brought in the conversation a 16+ stops 20 yo camera, the Zcam and the Fran, that's how the discussion about cameras and DR took off...

Excuse. You asked and stated trying to muddy!!? the waters, I kindly answered with 'examples: to illustrate, knowing how some people negatively unrealistically keep coming back whatever you say unless you get off topic and dishonestly say they are right and kill your own discussion. I think it's time to quit. :idea:

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 am

Wayne Steven wrote:Fran was = reality. They made it and filmed with it, and published samples. According to their chief, they are still going. It is likely they are going for financing, or have multiple companies. However, I'm not hooked on them.

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 am

Andrew Kolakowski wrote:

You mean this:

it's not even a prototype. From this point it would need another year or most likely more to maybe be ready to be sent to a "user".

Andrew, yes. But that is a side example, not the topic. I'm sure we both spoke with Phillip about this. I think it was slightly overdone, but his problems getting issues resolved wasn't overdone in there. What was that, a cable issue? I would have really pressed support for Phillip, if it was me. But no, its a prototype which already been in development like a year or something, and was months away from being finished. If you look at early prototypes of other cameras you see the bare reality of things. But frankly, I would have tried better in getting to the reviewer and tried better in reviewing. Red shark has the review you might be looking for.

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:32 am

Dmitry, as usual, the only replier with useful posts. Thanks for the links. Without looking at them, I can guess it is the issue of claimed latitude after reducing it to take into account noise. I remembered that in recent days myself. I will look at a test chart and see where I stop seeing a difference in tiles, then look back to see how bad the noise is until I get to a point it is usable, not "clean" or cleanish. One is real latitude, one is usable latitude and one can be prima dona in real world applications. If in the dark shadow, I can make out there is something there that's good, what object better, the shaped better, and so forth up the visual recognition scale. But if you got 50% of the image still there, that's great for real world, even 10% people could probably still make things out. What metrics do they use to determine clean latitude Dmitry?

Now, let old Frans lay Dmitry, but I'm curious, what figures did you get off that scene? That is looking from bright sun into a much darker building. You notice the burn out on the guy walking, and his shirt, but that is a beyond 15 stop shot. He should have sacrificed the internals of the building more for the external scene, and you would see how well you could preserve the internals compared to the outside. That would be good marketing.

Look at the early football practice player scene for the 4k zcam. People had suggested it is the sane Sony sensor that is in the pocket, but I doubt it. However, companies are known to not push performance of lower products compared to higher products. So, maybe there is more compared to the mini pro. Does anybody have a teardown proof about which Sony sensor it is?

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 2:45 am

Dmitry, I'll start a new post, otherwise people will miss this in email updates.

We see more creamy latitude in some similarly priced Sony cameras I think. I went to a short film using a small sensor Sony camera, and apart from the color balance issues, the film looked wonderful from the creamy latitude (I suspect the colour filter response curves had something to do with that too, and on the original pocket). But this is years old Sony sensor.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 5:25 am

I measure those stops by boosting Expose/ lowering Gain and looking to subjective visually acceptable noise and FPN. Expose stop in Resolve equals to physical light stop (lens iris). This is the power of Log - all things in digital behave like in real world.
Gain in linear gamma corresponds to Expose like this:
lin gain 2 = expose 1
lin gain 4 = expose 2
lin gain 8 = expose 3
lin gain 16 = expose 4
and so on....

Those tests in Cineon forum thread are very extreme for real life images. Here are quick screens to see this "HDR" workflow in more real life situation. Timeline set to YRGB non color managed, REDWide Gamut/RED LOG3G10. Custom made Log to Rec LUTs from this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82441#p494973 Link to LUTs download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w49e6bbc1u67 ... s.zip?dl=0

Original shoot at ISO 800 (underexposed to protect extreme highlights reflections. Probably it was too underexposed, but i don't care because i can fix it in post):

Expose in Resolve (Gain adjusted in node set to linear gamma):

Temporal NR node and Spatial Chroma NR (settings varies a lot of resolution and Timeline Log gamma):

As a final touch add additional manual grading and contrast. Or add film emulation LUT, like something from this huge free pack viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77553&hilit=gmic
Add sharpness depending of still/video output and existence of OLPF. And image will look like this. Scientifically "correct" but human friendly grading process allows to take most attention to subject of photography. Sort of grading without actual grading. Its almost like old days when you shoot film photography and don't care about color wheels or color grading. Only think about what things actually to shoot, film stock do all rest for you and allow expose mistakes.

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 6:30 pm

Looking around for answers about the true dynamic range I found some excellent advice in extending dynamic range from Andy at BM, quoted in the following review:

https://www.cinema5d.com/blackmagic-poc ... on-review/

[Quote]Reply from Andy Buckland, Blackmagic Design (after a call with Gunther Machu):

The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K uses our new demosaic algorithm developed with Blackmagic RAW, before encoding to ProRes. This new algorithm helps to reduce noise and improve the dynamic range in ProRes capture. With Cinema DNG RAW, the demosaic is still performed in DaVinci Resolve. That enables full control and manipulation over debayer settings, noise reduction, and highlight recovery to increase the dynamic range measurement beyond that of ProRes.

By applying minimal temporal noise reduction to the Cinema DNG RAW files in DaVinci Resolve – the lower steps on the waveform can be cleaned up nicely, bringing the available dynamic range of RAW in line with those seen in your ProRes tests. Then by enabling highlight recovery, the available dynamic range in Cinema DNG RAW increases beyond that of ProRes.

ProRes users benefit from the new debayer algorithm in terms of dynamic range and reduced noise at capture, resulting in a faster turnaround.
RAW users benefit from the full control and manipulation of the image, to decide which parameters they would like to tweak and finesse.[\quote]

In other words, exactly the sort of thing I was saying about cdng in the Cdng Braw debate. From the horses mouth. Have to keep that quote handy. By denoising and spying highlight recovery, you can get some extended dynamic range. The highlight recovery works exactly as I said, unlike a contrary statement recently somewhere.

Looking at the article we can see where this disappearing dynamic range is coming from. They are using subjected noise judgement calla instead of objective max min registered values. Hence the lattutude of the mini 4.6k drops off drastically, with the pocket 4k just behind. But looking at the charts and measurements, we can see differences between times, and the black spacing in between tiles (I hope these guys have figured out there is light drop off to the sides of lens skewing results) and you can see the objective dynamic range BM claims comes back. However, even I would struggle to find the last bits of the range there usable. I think a better way to quite dynamic range is absolute measurable stops, 2:1 signal to noise ratio stop (of whatever ratio desired) + remaining stops divided by noise ratio in them. So, 1:1 in a stop contributes one usable stop, 0.1:1 contributes 0.1 "usefulness" of a stop. So, 15/12 +1.1 would describe 15 discernable stops with 12 stops down to 2:1 signal to noise ratio, and 1.1 worth of usefulness in stops after that. Or 15/12/% of noise between 15 and 12 stop. That would give a good indication of just how useful a camera might be in this way.

The 4.6k mini version with raw comparison, below:

https://www.cinema5d.com/blackmagic-raw ... -6-tested/

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 6:37 pm

So, my conclusion. On those test charts I could see nearly the same technical objective dynamic range for most cameras (except the gh5s, which was down) with some being one stop or so better. This means the pocket 4k could be pushed to around 14 stops.

I could not find a pocket 6k test. Could it be you could squeeze 15 stops out already, even if they are not ideal in the last few stops?

Wayne Steven

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 pm

So, my conclusion. On those test charts I could see nearly the same technical objective dynamic range for most cameras (except the gh5s, which was down) with some being one stop or so better. This means the pocket 4k could be pushed to around 14 stops.

I could not find a pocket 6k test. Could it be you could squeeze 15 stops out already, even if they are not ideal in the last few stops?

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 am

Here is my step by step FAQ updated on 18.08.2019 for Resolve 16:

Project settings:
- Color science: Davinci YRGB (non color managed)
- Timeline Color Space: REDWideGamutRGB/RED Log3G10

Camera RAW Clip settings:
- Set native camera ISO.
- Adjust Sharpness, or reset to default.
- Adjust WB as you like.
- Turn ON Highlights Recovery (optional)
- Do NOT adjust Expose in RAW tab.
- If you use BRAW, reset all extra settings and "looks"

Clip Nodes:
- Input Color Space Transform node (BMDFilm Gamma/Gamut to Timeline Gamma/Gamut)
- Cross Hatching Pattern Fix Node X/Y position 0.5px (optional, required for DNG and ProRes only for cameras based on Fairchild Imaging sensors. Depending of Project Image Scaling settings and Super Scale Clip Attributes settings may produce pixel line edge artifacts in Resolve 15 and 16. See this thread for details viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75290 )
- You also turn on Super Scale 2x in Clip Attributes, but this may slow down performance a lot.
- Temporal NR Node (settings varies depending of resolution and Timeline LOG gamma)
- Spatial Chroma Only NR Node (settings varies depending of resolution and Timeline LOG gamma)
- Optional ColorChecker correction Node (Set Color Match Source/Targret Gamma and Target Color Space same as your timeline)
- Gain in Linear Gamma Node (aka Expose) to recover dynamic range from shadows (Right click on the Node and set Gamma to Linear. Adjust Gain wheel). Gain in linear gamma corresponds to Expose F-Stops in RAW tab like this:
linear gain 2 = expose 1
linear gain 4 = expose 2
linear gain 8 = expose 3
linear gain 16 = expose 4
and so on...
- Gain Node (lower Gain to bring clipped data back)
- Secondary optional WB Node (for more precise WB adjustment)
- Highlights Node (if needed to recover some additional amount of extremely bright)
- Contrast/Pivot Node

Timeline Nodes:
- Color Space Transform Node (Timeline to Rec709, Liminance and Saturation mapping turned ON) or custom made Gamma and Gamut transform LUTs (More details here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82441#p494793 Download LUTs here https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w49e6bbc1u67 ... Y_LUTs.zip )
- Film emulation LUT Node (For example free GMIC LUTs from this pack works great viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77553&hilit=gmic )
- Sharpen Node to recover fine details smoothed by OLPF filter.

Last edited by Dmytro Shijan on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wayne Steven

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks again Dimitry. Wonderful thought into it.

But I wonder if something which might help resolve reduce noise is a periodical black same of the sensor. As this is not practical during a shoot, a simple camera techniques would be to physically shutter the sensor for a frame at start and end of filming. To get a black level idea of the noise at those settings and time (here heat is an issue, which will affect sensor noise). It reminds me of those white lens caia for colour balance sampling camcorders used to have, so a second white shutter (external the best) could give resolve some lighting information and even with a colour test patten (I'm unsure if exactly what thus would tell, but I'm sensing there could be something there).

Bingo, a third system. Takes a sample on one frame and pixel shifts it on a second frame to give a shift of the mixing scene information into view on the second frame. This could be my normal exposure back to back with a short exposure HDR technique. With a significant shift, you get 3D acquisition for computational imaging too.

So to shoot 24fps, you shoot 48fps, with one frame 180 degree, and the next something like 45 degree or other short exposure shifted. As both frames are closely aligned in time, misalignment is minimal (you blur will have a little edge) and be more easily manageable by software correction (if any). However, if you did want to run both at the sane time, you could fit both into an 180 degree shutter time, say 157.5 and 22.5 degrees (reduced further for any readout gap). Really interesting stuff.

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Yes, i think there are a lot of different HDR techniques (dual framerate with different exposes, dual camera setup with ND filter/mirror) but it seems dual gain sensor technology is the only one that artifacts free in real life.
By the way, i hear some reports that Pocket 4K sensor have some HDR pixel binning option, when 4 pixels are captured at the same time and averaged to single HDR pixel at the sensor level (4K became HDR HD). This new HDR tech used in some new smartphone cameras as well.

Wayne Steven

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 pm

(Shh, Dmitry, don't mention that one. I told them here years ago that was possible, and so called experts said I was wrong. Whatever will happen if they thought I was right for a change?). :)

See, that's one reason I wanted 8k sensors, to make 4k.

The technique I mentioned above is adjusted to maximise effect while minimising problems with dual exposure. If you can adjust pickup during pickup, you get a close join in your movement trail. With computational imaging you are likely fine. And yes, I've considered a multiple sensor HDR pickup lime you mentioned. Using phone sensors, this is not such an issue, as using s35 (expensive) sensors 12+ years ago on expensive hardware.

However, I have in the past mentioned I was loomi g st his to use the gain circuits to produce HDR. That's not exactly what this thread is about, but something a little simpler and standard.

However, there are a number of old (beyond 20 years) artifact free HDR technologies out there, even superior to maybe all major cinema cameras, which I track. The little camera I mentioned is one of the less superior kind. I have tracked where the technology is now, and have considered it to do a nano sized commercial camera in the last year or so. BM might think I'm sitting the fence, but BM is sitting the fence watching. I'm most agreeable to properly approach, and it's the worth of a man if others approach him, rather than the other way, and the proof of a company's absolute savvy.

Wayne Steven

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Hmm, just got a new idea for a simple new HDR circuit type.

Russell Newman

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 pm

You might find this project interesting:

http://octopuscinema.com/

A programmable open-source cinema camera with a 5K sensor option. The sensor is the CMOSIS CMV20000 which in it's documentation has multiple HDR modes:

https://ams.com/documents/20143/36005/C ... 00157c86c7

Dmytro Shijan

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 5:43 am

Russell Newman wrote:You might find this project interesting:

http://octopuscinema.com/

A programmable open-source cinema camera with a 5K sensor option. The sensor is the CMOSIS CMV20000 which in it's documentation has multiple HDR modes:

https://ams.com/documents/20143/36005/C ... 00157c86c7

About 7 years ago I was in touch with CMOSIS about their HDR technology and want to use that sensor for DIY cinema camera project. In short - HDR mode produces huge color artifacts and they are not suggested it for cinema image capture. It seems nothing changed over this time. All those CMOSIS based cameras are waste of time. CMOSIS targeted to global shutter sensors for machine video applications.

BTW, You can read a full story about that camera project here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/smallrig ... 576717958/

Wayne Steven

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 am

Yeah, I've been posting on it. Thinking of going over there and suggesting a few things, but don't think its open source for others to use. The current sensor selection is not great for next tear, and there are better Linux able processing platforms. But, you are looking at being able to do extremely cheap cameras with that software. Throw in a $20 cineform raw license, and you can kiss a lot of cameras good by. Tricky times for the industry, it has been show to be price gouging, like back when this stuff which led to Si2k and Red was being done it is ironic the exact same techniques are still able to deliver cameras for a lot less (not that octopus aims at doing that). Axiom is introducing tools, to be used like this, all we need is the camera recording software.

Wayne Steven

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 am

Dmitry, can you calculate that out? The Fran (Sony maybe, but with nd filtered tiles) images seemed OK.

BTW, the fullframe Panasonic Sony sensored sensors, got a 16 stop update from 14 stops. What was that about? If you sell something likely that, you want the full ability.

Dmytro Shijan

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Is this a joke? Can you show us exact Fran images that looked OK for you?
16 stop update from 14 stops probably sort of another dual frame rate HDR mode with motion artifacts or pixel binning HDR mode with aliasing artifacts. Probably avoided by Blackmagic for same reason as global shutter mode - not enough quality for cinema applications.

UPDATE. Seems my mistake, i forgot to add one important node to the FAQ in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96646&p=537866#p537866 - Input Color Space Transform node (BMDFilm Gamma/Gamut to Timeline Gamma/Gamut)

lee4ever

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Dmitry Shijan, thank you for explanation but it would be good if you make a Youtube video and explain how you did it all. :)

Wayne Steven

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Dmitry Shijan wrote:Is this a joke? Can you show us exact Fran images that looked OK for you?
16 stop update from 14 stops probably sort of another dual frame rate HDR mode with motion artifacts or pixel binning HDR mode with aliasing artifacts. Probably avoided by Blackmagic for same reason as global shutter mode - not enough quality for cinema applications.

UPDATE. Seems my mistake, i forgot to add one important node to the FAQ in this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96646&p=537866#p537866 - Input Color Space Transform node (BMDFilm Gamma/Gamut to Timeline Gamma/Gamut)

As far as I know, the Sony upmarket sensors had 15 stops native, without hdr available long. Though I think it did have HDR in this case sorry, and have noted some striping. But I did ask if it was possible to calculate out, Bayer pattern gaps are bad to, but it's done.

Re-edit: Maybe the graded Ferrari racing image on the website. What about the one you posted?

Return to Cinematography