Using a Third Party Switcher for a Controller

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

K.A.H. Prostudio

Using a Third Party Switcher for a Controller

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Hello,

My question is our church has a Roland V-60HD switcher. We are upgrading our video production equipment. With 4 URSA Mini 4K Cameras and the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K switcher, also the Camera controller. I want to know if the Roland V-60HD can work as a controller for the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K. If so what will we need to get it to talk to the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K. Are there any latency issues?

Thanks,
Keith

Xtreemtec

Re: Using a Third Party Switcher for a Controller

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 pm

No it won't.

Sell the V60 and buy an Atem 1ME control panel. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Denny Smith

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 am

Also, I do not think the Ursa Mini 4K can have CCU camera control, as it does not have a SDI video return input, only outputs. You might want to consider using the Ursa Broadcast Camera, instead of the Ursa Mini 4K. The Ursa Broadcast can also use B4 ENG Zooms, so you will have remote zoom control in the CCU also, and can better color match the cameras. ;)
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Xtreemtec

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 am

Denny Smith wrote:Also, I do not think the Ursa Mini 4K can have CCU camera control, as it does not have a SDI video return input, only outputs. You might want to consider using the Ursa Broadcast Camera, instead of the Ursa Mini 4K. The Ursa Broadcast can also use B4 ENG Zooms, so you will have remote zoom control in the CCU also, and can better color match the cameras. ;)

Denny please rub the sand out of your eyes and wake up :lol:
The Ursa Mini 4K does have CCU!! It was the first camera with the CCU option. ;)
The Big Ursa i doubt if it ever got the CCU control option by firmware. But i owned 2 Ursa Mini 4K PL versions and they did well with CCU. Only problem was the sensor was so different from the Broadcast, that i sold them off and bought UB's for that. ;)

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production