BMMCC 14.8V Battery Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Dmytro Shijan

Re: BMMCC 14.8V Battery Module by RADIOPROEKTOR

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 8:00 am

Pocket Cinema Camera 4K working time depends of camera settings. My calculated working time (not real life measurements):

2.2 hours (22W max. camera power consumption, high frame rates, screen at 100% and recording to a media)

4 hours at average 24fps camera usage. (this was taken from other brand 50Wh battery measurements).
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

rick.lang

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Dmitry, after 150 messages, can you post one message (perhaps in message #1 for easier recall), that lists the links to all items needed to mount and connect your 4x18650 enclosure to the BMPCC4K or BMPCC6K cameras; perhaps connection to the internal Canon LP-E6, the 2-pin connector or USB-C connector as appropriate. A lot has changed over those 150 posts and the website only talks about the Micro cameras. Perhaps that info should be on the website too. Apologies if it’s already there! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm

rick, just click on the product you interested and check info description here:
:arrow: https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Denny Smith

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Rick, you are alive and well! :roll: The accessories Dmitry has sourced out are a few pages up in this post. I agree, moving this info to the first post would be nice, to make it quicker to find. Sending you a PM.

Dmitry, nice list, thanks for the link and info.

Paul, I have not run a endurance test yet, just got the required cable the other day (PC4K accessory cables are hard to get right now, everyone is sold out or backordered. I found the Juice Link power cable on eBay and a Mic cable (which just got delivered) on Amazon, one of three left in inventory there. Both are non-BMD cables (which are just not available right now in USA that I could find) custom made cables. Wooden Camera has a DTap power cable available, but needed the one for Dmitry’s battery pack. When BMDs power cable pack becomes available (I have one on order, I will make up a power cable for Dmitry’s battery pack, using the slightly larger barrel connector). The Juice Link one works, but the barrel connector is slightly loose, but still makes a good connection.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Dmitry, I had looked at the description of the 18650x4 product previously and it’s all about the barrel connectors and the Micro cameras. A previous post a while ago mentioned your product can be used with the new BMPCC6K and BMPCC4K. I assumed you had a version with the proper LP-E6 dummy adapter or better a 2-pin connector to the camera or perhaps to the camera USB-C connector.

Denny has just posted he can modify a cable or use a BMD cable (which I’m still waiting for since January or February I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Denny Smith

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Rick, scroll down, the mounting adapters are at the bottom of the list. The LP-E6 mounting plate is just a dummy mounting option, designed for the Micro cameras, you need to run a power cable from the battery pack to the Micro camera power input (on the crazy dongle cable) on Dmitry’s DB breakout box.

The LP-E6 plate allows the battery pack (which is 16 VDC, so would not work directly coupled to the camera via the battery mounting plate as this is a 7.2VDC battery connection) to be mounted to the camera in place of the LP-E6 battery. Most of the Micro camera users wished BMD had used a Sonly LP style battery on the Micro cameras, instead of the Canon LP-E6, since it hangs off the back of the camera anyway.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 7:27 pm

rick.lang wrote:Dmitry, I had looked at the description of the 18650x4 product previously and it’s all about the barrel connectors and the Micro cameras. A previous post a while ago mentioned your product can be used with the new BMPCC6K and BMPCC4K. I assumed you had a version with the proper LP-E6 dummy adapter or better a 2-pin connector to the camera or perhaps to the camera USB-C connector.

Denny has just posted he can modify a cable or use a BMD cable (which I’m still waiting for since January or February I think).

The kit includes only cables and mounting plate for BMMCC/BMMSC. So it is up to you how to connect it to P6K or any other camera. To power BMPCC6K you need cable Barrel DC 5.5x2.5 (or 5.5x2.5) to Pocket4/6K Weipu connector. Sorry, i have no those cables in stock for some reason.

If Pocket4/6K can be powered with external USB-C, you can purchase DC to USB-C adapter converter and power the camera with USB-C port. I have few those adapters in stock as well. They can provide up to 48W power.

There are also dummy LP-E6 battery plates with build-in DC-DC regulator that can accept
up to 18V and output regulated 7.6V. For example Lanparte makes them. But those are rather expensive and not too effective because that additional DC-DC conversion wastes about 10% of battery capacity.

You can mount battery enclosure to rails block or with any quick release plate from the list in the bottom of item description in marketplace.

Paul Jonathan

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Dimitry thanks for the info on the estimated run times.

I think for use with the BMPCC4k, it would be important to be able to change 18650 batteries quickly without having to use a screwdriver. Maybe with a quick release? Then you could buy 12 batteries, have four in the module, four charged and four charging..

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 pm

It is possible, but do it at your own risk. You can just fix rear shell cap with rubber bands. I can even add few heavy duty rubber bands made of motorcycle camera for free for request.
I don't tested battery enclosure in this way, but i think that after few months of such intensive usage battery holder may wears and 18650 cells may wears as well. Changing batteries in the field like this takes too many times and may be too complicated.

I am personally skeptical about usage of this battery with Pocket 4/6K cameras. For all day work with those cameras you probably need at least 100Wh. So you may look for larger sized V-mount battery or use my batteries in parallel dual setup which will provide 100Wh.
Also in dual battery setup you can hot swap one battery.

Denny Smith

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 pm

I agree Dmitry, I would not use it for long, or all day shoots, a regular 14.5VDC 100 or 150 watt battery would be better. But for short shoots under 2 hrs it should be fine.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am

Next little batch of Battery Enclosures is almost assembled.
Changes:
- Slightly improved and simplified soldering of internal cables.
- For additional security all external soldering points now covered with special dielectric transparent paint.

Justin Jackson

PostSat Sep 28, 2019 8:06 pm

All,

So like Rick I was hoping this would be specifically available for the BMPCC4K. I also wanted to see a hot swap option for the batteries.

Like some others on here, I decided to build a simple DIY 4x18650 pack. It is crude, and I still havent done anything like velcro, etc to make it easy to mount. I have a long barrel connector to the DC input on the BMPCC4K. That is plugged in to the battery pack that has a female barrel connector.. and in turn the pack is wired in series. In total, $30 including 4 NCR/Panny 18650 protected cells. I used some electrical tape to tape up the soldered ends and thin wire leads between each cell. Again, not pretty but it does work.

With this I get a bit over 3 hours of recording 4K to the T5 SSD and the screen on. Mind you, this includes the 30 or so minutes the internal battery uses.

My point in this post so many months later is to first indicate that I could build a 2nd, 3rd and more of these super simple/cheap series wired 4x battery holders with barrel connector, and have them with me. When plugged in, it charges the battery in the camera. What is great is, I can hot swap these all day because when you unplug one, the battery in the camera takes over with no interruptions. It only takes a minute or two to grab a 2nd pack, plug it in and go.

Dmitry's offering is great.. though for the price and not being ready to go out of the box for the BMPCC4K/6K to me is not the way I would go at this time, especially when it is so cheap to build a simple holder + series wired setup. It isnt as professional, but you can for sure make it work.

Another member here talked about buying the bike lights.. they are about $20, they hold 4 18650 batteries, with a water tight screw lock that is easy to open and swap batteries. Only down side is they are in a 2x2 config, so it isnt enough power to power the camera. One of these days I am going to try to rewire it to be in series, but that is an ideal setup. Having a 2x2 "cartridge" similar to the cheap ones you buy to put 3 or 4 AA or AAA in to a C or D slot/conversion.. would be perfect with a cartridge receiver that has a couple power output options. It is a shame nobody has created one yet. I would think being able to quickly hot swap smaller and might lighter sets of batteries would be a lot more desirable than carrying around larger VMount batteries for most BMPCC4K/6K users. I can see on larger camera setups with tripods, dollies, etc where weight is handled for you, that the larger batteries make sense. But for gimbal users and those just rigging up a BMPCC4K/6K, a small 2x2 or 4x1 hot swap battery pack just seems to make a lot more sense. It gives 2 to 3 hours of record time, so it is not like you are swapping it out every 30 minutes and having to interrupt the recording.

Anyway.. if I had the 3D printer and the chops to make it work, I would consider doing what Dmitry has done but with a more hot swap capable option and in a 2x2 layout.
Custom DIY AMD1950x 16-core/32-thread, liquid cooled, 64GB 3600Mhz RAM, 950Pro-512GB NVMe os/apps, 2x500GB 850 Evo RAID 0 SATA3, Zotac 1070 8GB video, USB 3.1Gen2 RAID0 2x4TB, 2x2TB Crucial MX500 SSD SATA3.

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 pm

If bike lights 18650 backs work well for you, just use it. It was discussed here earlier. I am not interested to make any specifically accessories for BMPCC4K because that camera form factor is not designed for modification or rigging. It is designed in Photo Camera form factor aka all-in-one solution to quick grab camera and quickly shoot something from hands or from tripod. It is ergonomically very limited and any further rigging or modification for this camera makes it look like ugly monster without any respect to 100 years of cinema camera ergonomics evolution.

Leon Benzakein

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 4:27 pm

I just recently purchased one of Dmitry's battery modules.
I do not have history using it so that will be up to those who have been using it to attest to that.

I can speak about the size and form factor.
It is relatively tiny and can be mounted very easily.

Anyone who has bothered to read my posts will know that I get some of my jollies trying to find solutions for attaching devices to camera gear.

Dmitry's device is a solution worth looking at.(speaking purely as a grip, at this point in time I cannot speak about how long it will keep powering)

I will be looking into swapping out batteries and how well it works in that fashion.

Dmitry, I need you to do us a favor. ;)
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Denny Smith

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Just get two battery module units, their are less expensive than V or Gold Mount batteries. As for how long they can last, do the math... :roll:
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Leon Benzakein

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Denny Smith wrote: As for how long they can last, do the math... :roll:

I wish I could be as smart as you. :ugeek:
Alas, some of us have to get by on our good looks. :roll:

I was standing behind the door when math skills were being handed out. :(
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Denny Smith

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm

OK, you get about 2.5 to 3 hrs on a fresh charge, but actual time will depend on lens used (OIS draws more power), frame rate and recording codec being used. All these factors effect battery current draw.
For a comparison, my Ursa Broadcast went through a Gold Mount 95 watt battery in about 1.5 hrs.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 pm

I have PM'd Dmitry about my experience with the LP-E6 dummy plate and how it fits on the original VA 5".
He suggested that I post my findings on the forum.

I have found the LP-E6 dummy plate for the battery module a tight fit on the orig. VA 5".
It was designed for the BMMCC and BMMSC 4K.

Ambient temperature does affect the tightness of the dummy plate.

Brad Hurley

PostMon Sep 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Leon Benzakein wrote:I have found the LP-E6 dummy plate for the battery module a tight fit on the orig. VA 5".

It is indeed a very tight fit, but note that there are two versions of the plate: one that is custom-fit to the BMMCC and an earlier one (which may or may not still be available from Dmitry) that was slightly loose on the camera. I've tried them both on the Video Assist and the looser one is a more "comfortable" fit on the VA 5". It's not loose, but not so tight that you'd worry about causing damage.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Dmytro Shijan

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 5:04 am

Item still available.
UPS Express shipping costs are slightly lowered.
Also now i can provide UPS Express worldwide shipping to 100+ countries.

Dmytro Shijan

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 6:11 pm

$95 BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

Denny Smith

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Well, I should have waited to get my second one :roll: The second battery module arrived last week, fitted the new batteries and it charged right up. Now I have one with the LP-E6 plate and one without to use on my Pocket 4K rig.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Yannick Willox

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Can someone confirm how the module behaves on the p4k ?
Does it go down to say 10%, and then switch off, before the voltage gets too low ? In which case the internal battery of the p4k takes over ?

At which voltage under load does it switch off then ?

Thanks.

Dmytro Shijan

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 8:19 pm

It can be discharged up to 10-12 V, so you always use all possible battery capacity. LP-E6 are weak and camera cuts them off when they reach 40-50% of capacity. There is a separate thread with some battery tests of single LP-E6 cell vs single 18650 cell:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100567&p=569113#p569052

Yannick Willox

PostSun Dec 01, 2019 7:45 am

Ok, but that means that under load this battery module would work for, say 30-40 min below the min. 10.8 or 10.4 V spec of the p4k, until the external battery stops.

Did anyone test this on the p4K to see how the handover to the internal battery goes ? How long is the p4k in the red warning zone ?

Denny Smith

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 7:14 am

Dmitry’s Battery module does not display percentages, it shows up as AC (in percent mode) or displays remaining voltage level. If you have a LP-E6 Battery in the Camera, the Battery module will be charging that battery and running the camera, so I start with a fully charged LP-E6, to get longer run times. Once the Battery module drops below its minimum discharge voltage level. It shuts off and camera continues to run on the LP-E6.

The only way you will notice this, is if you are using the percentage display mode, and it goes from AC to showing a battery percentage, or you watch the voltage level, and see it go from 12.X display to 8.X -7.X VDC display, showing you are on the internal battery. The Battery module does have its own battery level indicator, 3-4 green LEDs and one red LED, and once it shows only one LED, I would switch battery modules, or external power sources.

That said, for recording times longer than 2-3 hrs, you can use two of Dmitry’s battery packs connected together, or you might want to consider a larger V/Gold Mount Camera Battery.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Yannick Willox

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 2:39 am

Thanks for the feedback.

MONNYS

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello, I have a question about powering my two bmpcc4k / 6k cameras. Using Vmount CORE which has these outputs 8v dc USB 5V and DTAP 14,8-16Vdc.cam powering 8V via fake LP6 battery I CAN POWER CAMERA SAFE THROUGH DTAP14.8V cable ? Thank you for your Milan Health response

Dmytro Shijan

PostMon Jan 27, 2020 10:22 am

MONNYS wrote:Hello, I have a question about powering my two bmpcc4k / 6k cameras. Using Vmount CORE which has these outputs 8v dc USB 5V and DTAP 14,8-16Vdc.cam powering 8V via fake LP6 battery I CAN POWER CAMERA SAFE THROUGH DTAP14.8V cable ? Thank you for your Milan Health response

Probably you can power cameras like this but it is better to ask CORE battery support about this. I can recommend to use cable splitter and power both cameras from 14.8 D-tap output. Step-down voltage converters are not too efficient because they waste too many battery energy to convert voltage.

MONNYS

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Thanks Dmitry.

IanMalcolm

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Dmitry,
What type of 18650's do you recommend? Can I use these Panasonic Button Top 3400mAh Protected ones?

https://www.18650batterystore.com/Prote ... tected.htm

IanMalcolm

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Disregard. I just saw your post with battery recommendations.

IanMalcolm wrote:Dmitry,
What type of 18650's do you recommend? Can I use these Panasonic Button Top 3400mAh Protected ones?

Dmytro Shijan

PostSun Aug 09, 2020 8:44 pm

IanMalcolm wrote:Dmitry,

You need to use UNPROTECTED 18650 batteries for this enclosure. All info provided in item description here https://lavky.com/handmade/home-and-hob ... t=UW590888

Dmytro Shijan

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 4:50 am

Battery Enclosure Module is temporary out of stock because i need to prepare and test the next batch. Item will be available in a week or so.
Last edited by Dmytro Shijan on Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dmytro Shijan

PostMon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 am

Seems i forgot to update info here:) Some amount of Battery Enclosures available now!

drunkentrader

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 pm

hey Dmitry!

Just placed my order for the battery module and all accessories for my micro cinema cam.

Added in my purchase message if there was anything i was missing(aside from the smallrig cage, monitor+hdmi cable, and batteries i need to source) -- in reading back through this thread i think i missed the tiltla nano mini usb to DC barrel cable, is that available on your site?(i used my iphone to make the purchase)

Do you happen to know who makes the wooden handle(with rosette attachment) ive seen in a few pics you posted? I think it is made by smallrig, or maybe wooden? Im gonna order it on amazon along with the batteries.

was also considering this one by tilta, any thoughts on its compatibility using the built in lanc button, and of the rosette attachment maybe being a little tooo high for the form function of the micro?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... gK_y_D_BwE

hoping you have these in stock and ready to ship? if not, its all good! Thanks!

-Christian
Last edited by drunkentrader on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dmytro Shijan

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 9:42 pm

I used SmallRig 1941 handle https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-right ... -1941.html It may be not the most ergonomic handle of all, but it is ok for its price and can hold large weight.
Make sure that batteries from Amazon are not fake ones. It is better to use some trusted local online store or some seller that can guarantee that battery cells are not fake copies.
I have one tiltla nano mini usb cable adapter. It is not in store but i will include it to package.
Check email i with some details i sent to you.

drunkentrader

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Dmitry Shijan wrote:I used SmallRig 1941 handle https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-right ... -1941.html It may be not the most ergonomic handle of all, but it is ok for its price and can hold large weight.
Make sure that batteries from Amazon are not fake ones. It is better to use some trusted local online store or some seller that can guarantee that battery cells are not fake copies.
I have one tiltla nano mini usb cable adapter. It is not in store but i will include it to package.
Check email i with some details i sent to you.

You da man, Dmitry! Thanks for the extra tilta nano wire and the quick reply! Just replied to your email. Thanks again!

Anton Mcmillan

PostTue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 am

Hey Guys,

Has anyone set it up with a Pocket 6K? Would be lvoely to see how it all comes together. Especially if using with a gimbal.
A cool dude with a cool attitude ;) BMPCC6K user.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu Mar 11, 2021 5:00 am

Anton Mcmillan wrote:Hey Guys,

Has anyone set it up with a Pocket 6K? Would be lvoely to see how it all comes together. Especially if using with a gimbal.

It will work with 6K camera if you have DC cable for it. Denny Smith and some other people successfully use this battery enclosure with 4k/6K cameras.

Small announcement to all Battery Enclosure owners!
Today during testing of another assembled Battery Enclosure i noticed that one battery holder marked incorrectly. (+) (-) marks positions where reversed. I search across other battery holders supply and found one more battery holder with similar factory defect. I have no idea how it is possible to cast incorrect marks like this on large factory line manufacture, but seems it happens. Anyway it is only marks on battery holder and they are not affect performance.
I always inspect and test each assembled battery, but if for some reason i miss this problem earlier and ship to you enclosure with incorrect (+) (-) marks on battery holders, just ignore those marks and make sure you always insert 18650 cells like this:

Dmytro Shijan

PostFri May 07, 2021 10:30 am

I want to notice again that powering camera and monitor connected to camera HDMI port from the same battery always cause the "Ground Loop" problem and in some situations may permanently damage camera HDMI/SDI port. To avoid HDMI/SDI port damages it is recommended to follow safety guide provided by ARRI https://www.arri.com/en/learn-help/lear ... ion-196368

"Cameras and accessories with SDI/HDMI connections can be damaged when connecting power cables. If the BNC/HDMI cable is already connected and an unshielded power cable is plugged in, the plus pin can briefly make contact before the minus pin. The electrical circuit will then be closed through the BNC/HDMI. This can fry the SDI/HDMI board in the camera or accessory, even when they are powered down. To avoid this, follow our two safe cable connecting rules:

When connecting cables: FIRST connect power cables, THEN the BNC/HDMI.
When disconnecting: FIRST disconnect the BNC/HDMI, THEN power."

This 18650 Battery Enclosure have special ON/OFF switch connected internally to positive (+) DC cable wire. If you operate it as described in Battery Enclosure and Charger usage FAQ above, it will provide protection from "Ground Looped" connection damages because it will always connect (-) DC power cable pin before (+) DC power cable pin.

Another option to avoid "Ground Loop" problem - just use separate battery to power the monitor.

encreed

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 4:53 am

Hey, can you add port like type-c? as I have heard it is the fastest port till now... I really don't know about camera or battery but as reading this thread, I got the idea of what you are talking about..... I just love to know new stuff... and is see this module will help cameraman's in future a lot of thanks bro this information.... and maybe you are thinking why I told to add type-c port... I told because nowadays many people have type-c cables, thanks to the phone industry, so if you type-c port it will get easy for people who have type-c cable and they can stay away from buying wholesale cables... ho[pe you got my points..... keep it up bro.. and can someone please explain this BMMCC battery module in detail...

Thanks again
https://shopsavvy.mobi/wholesale-cables/

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Some updates:

Situation with cages is very disappointed. SmallRig and WoodenCamera cages for BMMCC are no more manufactured. I contacted SmallRig directly and they respond to me that they don't interested to manufacture new batch of the BMMCC cages.

Only 3 Battery Enclosures left in stock. Those are the last ones. It will be no any new Battery Enclosure manufacture in the future.

All LP-E6 connection plates are currently sold out, but for request i can cast small new batch. Those plates may be useful to mount something to camera.

Only 2 Chargers left in stock. Only EU and UK plugs left. Chargers use universal AC input connector, so if you in US, you may purchase US cable locally or use AC cable from some other device.

All other BMMCC accessories by RADIOPROEKTOR are available.

During this year i developed some new interesting device. It is related to film/photo industry but not directly related to BM cameras. It will be an announcement in near future... Stay tuned ;)

Brad Hurley

PostThu Dec 09, 2021 2:02 pm

That's sad news, but not too surprising. Up until quite recently Blackmagic Design continued to sell the BMMCC; it had a good five-year run from 2016 to 2021. But it's gone from their website now.

Thanks for all your work on these accessories: I use several of them on my two BMMCCs and they are fantastic.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Denny Smith

PostFri Dec 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Anyone in US wanting one of Dmitry’s BMD camera battery setup, with two battery modules and a charger, two E-6 battery mount p,ATEMs for the Micro Cinema/Studio cameras, I have a kit for sale, along with my Micro Stusio 4K and accessories, including a Wooden Camera Micro cage setup w/rails. See my listing in Off Topic Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151913

Dmitry’s battery module also works with the new Pocket 4/6K cameras. I used one with my new Pocket 4K camera, mounting the module to the camera cage. The module makes a nice left hand grip also.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Dmytro Shijan

PostTue Dec 21, 2021 8:10 am

All Battery Enclosures and Chargers are SOLD OUT.

Small batch of new LP-E6 plates will be available in 1-2 weeks.

All other BMMCC accessories by RADIOPROEKTOR are still available...

Gabor Tomor

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 10:03 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:All Battery Enclosures and Chargers are SOLD OUT.

Small batch of new LP-E6 plates will be available in 1-2 weeks.

All other BMMCC accessories by RADIOPROEKTOR are still available...

Dmitry, do you plan to make a new batch of these battery boxes and / or the LP-E6 plates?
I just checked your store but the plate also seems to be sold out already...

Dmytro Shijan

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 1:39 pm

As i noticed, it will be no more new BMMCC Battery Enclosures due multiple reasons:
CNC machined rear caps of Battery Enclosure where too complex to manufacture. Due too deep and too small inner radius corners it was a lot of damaged tools on factory and defected units that don't pass my quality control or simply don't fit. It was real miracle to machine so small and deep inner corners. So i don't want to torture factory again with manufacture of this part :)
Assembly process also was very slow and complicated.
Also BMMCC camera and cage are discontinued.

LP-E6 plates kits will be available after holidays. I need to create new silicone mold and cast them from plastic.

Gabor Tomor

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 10:02 pm

Dmitry Shijan wrote:Also BMMCC camera and cage are discontinued.

LP-E6 plates kits will be available after holidays. I need to create new silicone mold and cast them from plastic.

thanks a lot for the information. Yeah, it seems BMMCC is discontinued now (unfortunate), so I try to get a second one as a backup.
What I could not verify on pictures, whether the LP-E6 plates has 1/4" screw holes or not, and whether I could use i.e. a simple NP-F battery plate to screw on to this LP-E6 adapter plate to use like this one:
https://electroeshop.com/image/cache/data/new_image_2020/BSTB07RQXQT27-500x500.jpg

Dmytro Shijan

PostTue Dec 28, 2021 1:28 pm

LP-E6 Plate have 3 holes for 1/4"-20 screws. It fit to any cheese Plate that use 9mm between thread holes. Wooden Camera, SmallRig, Camvate and many other manufacturers default.
If that Tilta battery plate have a 1/4-20 thread, you can connect it to LP-E6 Plate.
If that Tilta battery plate have no 1/4-20 thread, you probably need to use some 1/4-20 Nut.
Anyway i guess it will be too off centered to the bottom.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography