Premiere to Resolve and back again

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Jcoleman

Premiere to Resolve and back again

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 3:07 pm

here is what I want to do:

Edit my Raw .r3d's inside of Premiere. Export an FCP Xml and import it into Resolve. Color grade my piece and then export the project so that I can replace the shots inside premiere with the graded shots. I'm not looking to export the project as one file from resolve. I want to export each clip into its own folder. I think I know how to do that but I'm not sure. Is there a way for Davinci to export another xml that is already linking the clips that it exports to the xml so I can just simply import that new xml into premiere and my cut is there linked to the exported clips from Davinci?

Jcoleman

Re: Premiere to Resolve and back again

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Anyone??

Andy Mees

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 am

Hi J
After you've exported your graded clips from the Delivery room you need to switch back to the Conform room and then you should be able to export your grade linked XML from there ... open that exported XML in Premiere and you're all set.
Hope it helps
Andy
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Jcoleman

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Awesome! thank you very much Andy

Joe

Return to Post Production