MATRIX

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Roccovw

MATRIX

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am

I was going to install a Atem TV studio in a boardroom. A few specs then changed. They have 2 PTZ cams and sometimes a roaming cam. Two laptops or PC , document cam and external video input from a room next door.
They have a projector and screen but now changing to two large fixed screens, user monitor and live stream output and production monitor. Preferably it would be nice if all these outputs or screens could have independent inputs like with a matrix. So splitting inputs feeding to a few TV studio units or is there a matrix type method or mixer which would be more cost effective? Inputs preferably scaling like the 4K. What would be recommended?

Xtreemtec

Re: MATRIX

PostWed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm

I would go for a Atem 1me. Which has PGM and 3 aux outputs which signals can be routed to. Also 10 inputs. And all SDI in.

Then for all HDMI sources you have to convert already to SDI. So why not take UpDownCross HD to scale it to the Atem resolution.

Maybe a new smaller Atem comes out 19" with auto scaling ports.. But who knows when.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Roccovw

PostThu Sep 12, 2019 7:13 am

Xtreemtec wrote:I would go for a Atem 1me. Which has PGM and 3 aux outputs which signals can be routed to. Also 10 inputs. And all SDI in.

Then for all HDMI sources you have to convert already to SDI. So why not take UpDownCross HD to scale it to the Atem resolution.

Maybe a new smaller Atem comes out 19" with auto scaling ports.. But who knows when.

Thanks Daniel. I prefer to use SDI and covert HDMI using the directional or bi - directional units. I have a TV studio unit myself and run all my cables over SDI. I will check the 1 ME. Looks lovely

Ryan Boni

PostSat Sep 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Agree with Daniel on the ATEM 1 M/E.

Also, if you find yourself outgrowing the 3 Aux Outputs and 1 Program feed on the ATEM, you may want to consider adding a Videohub to the workflow, which will give you the matrix that you're looking for. The 12x12 Videohub Clean Switch has frame syncs which will keep everything locked up when switching. The Videohub would give you all kinds of flexibility to switch the feeds to your different monitors/projectors/screens/etc at the push of a button, especially if you are constantly changing what is being fed to each thing. This way you could feed the 3 Aux and the Program out of the ATEM into the Videohub and switch around which of those is feeding each area.
Public Access Director, Peters Twp Comm TV
Freelance TV Broadcast Camera Op (sometimes Dir, TD, EIC, Video)

ATEM M/E 1, 2 & TVS, Studio & Broadcast Cam, Smartscope/view, Cam Conv, Studio Conv, Talkback Conv, Hyperdecks, Videohub 40x40 & MC

RichardJolly

PostSat Sep 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Does the current 1M/E have Preview out? On an older 1M/E I regularly use Preview as a separate Aux out as it's all cuts only for our conference coverage. I'll send the Preview to projection and on a separate laptop the producer can cut up any camera independently of the live stream Programme out. Aux 3 is camera racking out, following camera control on a laptop, Aux 2 a camera iso recording and Aux 1 Programme out to a standby live streaming laptop.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

PostSun Sep 15, 2019 3:39 pm

The website has your anwser:

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 am

Why not 12 channel matrix ? Do U need multiviewer ?
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

Return to Live Production