BRAW Premiere Plugin, Another BUG (Color Temp)

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

RandallMartinPL

BRAW Premiere Plugin, Another BUG (Color Temp)

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I found another BUG, if you change color temperature from Plugin Panel,
the White Balance only change from the place on the timeline where you have your slider.
You can have multiple white balances on one clip, and cannot reset it. It creates a lot of mess.

I wander if anybody experienced the same bug

paulguitart

Re: BRAW Premiere Plugin, Another BUG (Color Temp)

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 10:37 pm

This sounds like what I experienced with ISO .... like maybe the position of the playhead was affecting the settings somehow?

Ben Watson

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 3:30 pm

YES! I am experiencing the same thing. What a mess.

antoine

PostThu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 am

Hi,
I think it comes from cache issues. We've seen them in BMD plugin. More information in our test : https://autokroma.com/blog/BlackmagicRaw-Plugin-BRAW-Studio-Difference/
Let's hope it gets fixed soon enough
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Dennis Sørensen

PostThu Sep 19, 2019 12:20 pm

No matter what you change it is effecting it all like you said.

Its like its putting down keyframes of where you made the change. ISO, exposure, WB... its all of it. But there are no keyframes visible.

The plugin is useless as it is right now. Was getting ready to shoot my first stuff in braw tomorrow. Will have to go for ProRes to be sure it wont be an issue for the production,.

antoine

PostThu Sep 19, 2019 2:05 pm

Dennis Sørensen wrote:No matter what you change it is effecting it all like you said.

Its like its putting down keyframes of where you made the change. ISO, exposure, WB... its all of it. But there are no keyframes visible.

The plugin is useless as it is right now. Was getting ready to shoot my first stuff in braw tomorrow. Will have to go for ProRes to be sure it wont be an issue for the production,.

To be clear, we don't display this behavior in our plugin
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Dennis Sørensen

PostThu Sep 19, 2019 2:19 pm

antoine wrote:
Dennis Sørensen wrote:No matter what you change it is effecting it all like you said.

To be clear, we don't display this behavior in our plugin

To be clear, I dont want to use your plugin.

Jdferrara

PostTue Sep 24, 2019 4:36 am

I am having this same issue.

Ric Toone

PostTue Sep 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Me too, this is really bad. Adobe don't seem interested- as far as they are concerned this is a 3rd party plugin and we need to contact BM (I blame adobe but here we are). I'm sure these bugs are being looked at.

Anyone else experiencing some freaky audio contamination? Meaning a braw clip references audio from a different file?

It's really not fit for purpose currently.

Ric

antoine

PostTue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Ric Toone wrote:Me too, this is really bad. Adobe don't seem interested- as far as they are concerned this is a 3rd party plugin and we need to contact BM (I blame adobe but here we are). I'm sure these bugs are being looked at.

Anyone else experiencing some freaky audio contamination? Meaning a braw clip references audio from a different file?

It's really not fit for purpose currently.

Ric

Would you have more information about this, a premiere pro project to reproduce and the .braw files ?

hab3zhab3z

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 am

Am having the same issue on my Premiere Pro Project.

Seems like my "raw" is pretty much stuck at whatever i shot in because every time i try and change a setting or two, it kind of gets stuck at the problematic area with little to no way to revert back to original except to re-import the problem clip back into the project.

On top of this shenanigan, I'm also experiencing weird crashes in premiere with certain braw clips.

Deleting the problem clip and re-importing seems to make it work but it sucks when you have to keep saving after every move before you find another "problem clip" :(

Windows 10, Premiere Pro CC updated, Braw 1.5, braw 6k from a bmpcc6k at various frame rates (50 fps, 60fps, 100fps and 120 fps).

i7-5960X, 32gb Ram, GTX 1070.

DerPaule13

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 11:16 am

Same here. Hope this gets fixed in the next update.
DR 18.5 B41 | Win10 Pro 64 bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | 64 GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 3090 (24 GB) (SD 512.59) | NAS 1621+ w/ SSDs | NAS 1819+ w/ HDDs (DR PostgreSQL DB) | Network & Internet via 10GbE LAN | Avira Anitvirus

Dennis Sørensen

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 10:06 am

hab3zhab3z wrote:Am having the same issue on my Premiere Pro Project.

Seems like my "raw" is pretty much stuck at whatever i shot in because every time i try and change a setting or two, it kind of gets stuck at the problematic area with little to no way to revert back to original except to re-import the problem clip back into the project.

On top of this shenanigan, I'm also experiencing weird crashes in premiere with certain braw clips.

Deleting the problem clip and re-importing seems to make it work but it sucks when you have to keep saving after every move before you find another "problem clip" :(

Windows 10, Premiere Pro CC updated, Braw 1.5, braw 6k from a bmpcc6k at various frame rates (50 fps, 60fps, 100fps and 120 fps).

i7-5960X, 32gb Ram, GTX 1070.

What I do is I adjust the clip as I want (ISO, color temp etc), and as you say, it will produce a "keyframe of sorts" and only change the clip forward.. To fix this, I will save and exit Premiere. Then delete cache and cache database. reopen the project and it is fine.

So to make this efficient. I will change all the clips I need to change settings on, and first after this, will I shut down premiere, delete cache and reopen the project.

Its not ideal. Buts its a work around.

antoine

PostFri Oct 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi Dennis,
Could you tell me what exact cache you are deleting ? I tried this and the keyframe / cache issue came back
Thanks

Dennis Sørensen

PostMon Oct 14, 2019 10:02 am

antoine wrote:Hi Dennis,
Could you tell me what exact cache you are deleting ? I tried this and the keyframe / cache issue came back
Thanks

The only cache there is.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/hel ... e_pref.png

The problem comes back as soon as you adjust something again. So its not a fix. Its a work around as I wrote. But it will let you see your video with the adjustments you made without it flickering back and forth the pre-adjustment.

Return to Post Production