BRAW causes Premiere to freeze

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

gogstad

BRAW causes Premiere to freeze

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 8:57 pm

I've installed the new plugin and it works fine with with 5-10 clips in one project.. i recently shot a project with 30+ clips from BMCP6K. After a while they won't load from "project" into the "source" preview window anymore an causes Premiere to freeze. All the files on the timeline and the timeline preview window works fine. All material is in 6K BRAW. Anyone had similar issue?

I have tried to restart computer, restart Premiere and also rolled back Premiere some versions, also created new projects. This happens after a while in all projects, it feels like "source" window just can't handle to load more BRAW files in these specific projects. ProRes and audio files loads fine into "source"

BrianC

Re: BRAW causes Premiere to freeze

PostFri Sep 27, 2019 6:10 pm

I tested the plug in with a few clips also and it worked fine. Then when I tried shooting more I started having more issues. The option to change from metadata to clip is disabled, the ISO values are incorrect, and changes dont seem to be consistent.

gogstad

Re: BRAW causes Premiere to freeze

PostFri Sep 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Yes, same, but by restarting Premiere frequently I manage to use BRAW for a while.. but when the freeze-issue appears that project is not fixable, yet.

Return to Post Production