Keying Question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

changethursday

Keying Question

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi all,

Apologize that this might seem obvious, but I've run into trouble with other mixers. I run a small studio that does corporate education videos, and we have a presenter on a greenscreen, and then full screen graphics/websites/PPT's. I need to be able to switch between the presenter who is on a keyed background we insert, and the other external sources with minimal fuss.

Right now with my big panasonic switcher, I have to do some funky routing with aux busses to accomplish this, can't just use my PRV/PGM buttons.

If yall can confirm this is possible and how It works on the BM (specifically looking at the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K) it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

- Jeremy

Kevin Copeland

Re: Keying Question

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

It's easy setting up Macros. It's the best way to do it. After it is programmed (not that hard) press each macro button and it switches to whatever you set.

Trying to switch without Macros can be difficult to get all the buttons pressed correctly.

changethursday

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Kevin Copeland wrote:It's easy setting up Macros. It's the best way to do it. After it is programmed (not that hard) press each macro button and it switches to whatever you set.

Trying to switch without Macros can be difficult to get all the buttons pressed correctly.

Thanks Kevin! Makes sense. I can control the macros from the console after I set them up, right? I don't have to use the computer interface?

Kevin Copeland

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 5:06 pm

The hardware panels have macro buttons. Most ATEM models are controlled by software unless you buy the panel. Some have integrated panel but the website will tell if there are Macro buttons on them.

robertsmu

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 5:59 pm

If you haven’t purchased the switcher yet, I would recommend getting one that has the advanced chromakeyer. The Production Studio 4k has the standard keyer and it is just “okay”.

changethursday

PostSat Oct 05, 2019 12:03 am

robertsmu wrote:If you haven’t purchased the switcher yet, I would recommend getting one that has the advanced chromakeyer. The Production Studio 4k has the standard keyer and it is just “okay”.

Which models have the advanced keyer?

changethursday

PostTue Oct 08, 2019 12:34 pm

According to what I see from BM:

"ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K features an advanced chroma keyer with more detailed chroma sampling and adjustment options."

This is what you're referring to, right? I see that the standard TV studio doesn't have this

robertsmu

PostTue Oct 08, 2019 1:54 pm

I have the Production Studio 4K and it does not have it.

I think it is just on the Constellation, the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, and the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K.

Ian Morrish

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 4:15 am

The new ATEM Mini also has advanced chroma key.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

changethursday

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 12:55 am

robertsmu wrote:I have the Production Studio 4K and it does not have it.

I think it is just on the Constellation, the ATEM 4 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, and the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K.

Ah, yes, I'm talking about the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K. Good deal, thanks for your help!!

Return to Live Production