Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Splines not showing up after pasting nodes.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

DoubleTwistedCoil

Splines not showing up after pasting nodes.

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Hello!
After copying a node with some animations/keyframes new created node isn't showing splines in Spline editor. The same thing occurs when I Ungroup a group - keyframes disappear from spline editor. I have this problem in Fusion standalone and in Resolve. I have tried reinstalling applications and there's no change in apps behavior. I've checked and this problem is occurring in every Resolve 16 version and in latest Resolve 15.
This is really screwing up my workflow. The splines will come back when i reset Resolve/Fusion and SOMETIMES when i change tabs in Resolve.

My laptop:
Windows 10 Home 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB

Bottom nodes branch - everything as it should be.

Top nodes branch which was copied from bottom one - no splines visible. But keyframes are there.

I didn't found any trace of this bug online.
What could I do?
Laptop:
Windows 10
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80/3.20GHz
RAM: 24.0 GB
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB

Saad Shah

Re: Splines not showing up after pasting nodes.

PostFri Oct 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Try to uncheck "show only selected tool" from the three dots on top of the spline editor, that might help.

Might be a bug, because I see the problem when I copy nodes too.

Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

DoubleTwistedCoil

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 5:15 am

I've tired that. This does not help.
Laptop:
Windows 10
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80/3.20GHz
RAM: 24.0 GB
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB

jayfro

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 2:29 am

I've experienced this for months. Doing tons of motion text in Fusion and need the abilityt to copy and paste those nodes etc. I've messaged Black Magic many times about this. I'm assuming a fix is coming soon and that the Spline area will be available when copying and pasting nodes in Fusion. I'm running Windows 10, not sure if this is an issue on Mac OS. Also, would love to see faster caching of Fusion heavy comps, Final Cut Pro X runs circles around Fusion when it comes to being able to play back your motion graphics. It's crazy to me that my 2018 13 inch macbook pro can do text reveals with masks with instant playback but Fusion has to cache these to play them back on a machine with much more powerful hardware. i9 9920x, 2080ti, editing off of super fast SSD's and render caching off super fast SSD's.
M2 Macbook Air, 8 core CPU 10 core GPU, 24GB of RAM
Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

avodahteam

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi there,

I get this all the time but my workaround is to disconnect the pasted node's input/output from any other nodes and then reconnect it. It's kind of like you need to remind Fusion of its new connection points :)

I hope that helps!
www.avodah.co.nz

bsonwalsh

PostFri Jan 31, 2020 6:06 pm

I was trying to figure this out for a while - You need to firstly go into the keyframe window, select the nodes that are missing from the spline window (you'll need to use the drop down) and once selected they will be visible in the spline window,

Hope that helps. :D

Ashley Thomas

PostTue Jan 30, 2024 11:21 pm

avodahteam wrote:Hi there,

I get this all the time but my workaround is to disconnect the pasted node's input/output from any other nodes and then reconnect it. It's kind of like you need to remind Fusion of its new connection points :)

I hope that helps!

Was running into the "spline editor missing nodes" issue as well. In my case, the node are present for a fusion title then they disappear once selecting other nodes or some such. Disconnecting/reconnecting as you describe recovers from the issue. Thanks.

Return to Fusion