Primary window disappears every new launch

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

joe12south

Primary window disappears every new launch

PostMon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 pm

2018 15" MBPr Touchbar
1 external monitor + internal display
MacOs Catalina
DaVinci Resolve 16.1 B3

Every time I start Resolve, the primary screen displays for about a second, then disappears. It is actually active, as evidenced by my mouse cursor changing as I rollover specific screen elements, but it does not display. It is invisible, revealing my desktop wallpaper.

No amount of changing Resolve or system display options will make it reappear. The only solution I've found is to delete this file: ~/Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVince Resolve/UI.preset.

I've generally experienced Resolve not liking monitor configurations changing (a real pain for laptop users) but this bug doesn't even require the config to change. All I have to do is quit and restart Resolve for it to rear its ugly head.
Dedicated curmudgeon. Part-time artiste.

Wildthing

Re: BUG: Primary window disappears every new launch

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 7:37 am

+1 - I'm also having this issue on Catalina on both 16.0 and 16.1 B3

2017 MBP with Egpu running 2 external monitors, plus internal laptop screen.

ninetyonevisuals

PostThu Oct 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Having exactly the same after updating to Catalina, as I understand there is currently no workaround this ?

joe12south

PostSat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Still an issue on most recent versions of Catalina and Resolve 16.1.

I haven’t 100% verified this, but only seems to be an issue if you choose your external monitor as your primary display. (Which is what most people would want to do.)

Wildthing

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 am

I've found various workarounds - none of which work reliably.
Sometimes, switching off one of the external monitors will get it to open, other times selecting prefer egpu works - but performance takes a massive hit.

Please fix ASAP! - I'm having trouble meeting deadlines with constantly crashing and unreliable resolve!

Marc Wielage

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 5:05 am

No issues on Mojave 10.14.5 for me. We see no reason to update to Catalina just yet for me and my facility, because it breaks quite a few apps (including Avid and Pro Tools). We're sticking with Mojave at least until early next year.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

joe12south

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 pm

To be clear, this issue existed in previous DR 16.1 betas on Mojave. I just keep hoping new releases will fix it, and keep being disappointed.

Mal Owens

PostThu Oct 24, 2019 12:42 pm

I have the exact same issue on Catalina too. It also happened in 16.1 Beta 3 too. Open Resolve, the UI flashes up and then disappears. I'm running my 2018 6 Core MBP with an external LG 5K monitor.

However, the same issue persists even if I unplug the monitor and just use the laptop.

I too haven't found a reliable work-around apart from relaunching Resolve. Sometimes, it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Regardless if the external monitor is attached or not, it seems to minimise to my laptop screen. As soon as it opens, I can see the UI sweep down to the Dock. However, it can't be brought back from the Dock and clicking anywhere on the laptop screen makes the Resolve menu bar appear along the very top of the screen.

So it looks like it's minimising to the Dock, but OSX thinks it's actually displaying on the laptop but nothing is visible.

Mal Owens

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 8:18 am

This is still happening with 16.1.1

Wildthing

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 11:01 pm

Can confirm - this still happens after upgrading to Catalina 10.15.1, and DR Studio 16.1.1

My setup:
2017 MBP 3.1ghz 16gb rx 560, connected via TB3 to EGPU Enclosure with RX580 8gb, which is then connected to a 24" 1920x1080 Monitor and a 3440 x 1440 (UWQHD - Ultra-Wide Quad HD) as the primary display.

The only reliable workaround I've found to get DR Studio to run, is to switch off the large monitor, which causes the 24" monitor to become the primary screen.
I then load the application, which displays fine on the 24", and switch on the wide screen, then the window re-arranges to the wide screen monitor (which is automatically now set by MacOS to be the primary screen) and now I can switch on full screen mode and dual displays etc.

A bit of a painful workaround when resolve is still a bit crashy - but at least I can reliably open the application.

Devs - if you need any more info please let me know, as I would really love this to be fixed!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 2:22 am

We haven't been able to reliably repo.. can you post a diagnostic log captures after this happens?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Wildthing

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 2:40 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:We haven't been able to reliably repo.. can you post a diagnostic log captures after this happens?

Absolutely. I can pretty reliably replicate it here if you need any more info, have just closed / opened and generated the log - let me know if this is the correct way to get what you need?

Addition: I just tried to upload the log file, however it is too large according to the forum (Nginx error 413 - entity too large). I've placed it in a google drive link for now (link below), I'll leave it there for a week.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qpjxlSVJhSlgd3F97o6tOoeEMlsed35P/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Wildthing

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 2:51 am

After posting the log above, my workaround hasn't worked to get the UI to display as mentioned (switching off the big screen, opening and moving it over) - so I've dumped another diagnostic for you as at the moment I cannot get the UI to display at all. - all I can get to display is the second screen of the dual screen display, if I switch the 'secondary' display between monitors one, two or three. The primary display UI refuses to show on any monitor even if I choose display one two or three.

(I haven't tried a reboot yet)

Hope this helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUd7NLadVSxJTeAd57w-b7xcw_ne2z3K/view?usp=sharing

Ben

At Home Bob

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 4:38 am

Am having the same issue since updating Mac OS to Catalina. Can’t get logs up as I’m now trying to update again and am locked in the 30 minute time suck of OS updating but was exactly as described. Could open project manager, select a project and my primary window flashes for a millionth of a second and swoops down to the task bar. In dual screen mode, I can see the second screen and operate the software from there but with no primary window. This occurs no matter which window is set to primary/secondary or if I unplug my laptop from the external monitors. No workaround has yet worked to make the primary display show up. Have tried resetting UI, reinstalling resolve, switching monitors, etc.

2019 MacBook Pro 15” 32Gx250GB
Dual external monitors through daisy chained thunderbolt 3
Raid array of 3 WD SSD drives (I forget the model) for a total of 4TB

Worked like a peach, took a three week break from video editing, came back (since updating to Catalina) and cant for the life of me open the primary window.

Help me BlackMagic engineers you’re my only hope!

- Bob

At Home Bob

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 4:52 am

My last post is still awaing a moderator nod but I was able to get a log:

DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20191102-004100.zip
(99.48 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Note: updating to most current Catalina OS (v 10.15.1) as of 11/2 @ 12:30am does NOT fix the problem. Looks like this has been unsolved for almost a month?! Does no one have a workaround/fix yet??

Not sure if it makes a difference but Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop both work fine in multiple screen modes currently. I'd also be fine with just using one screen while we figure out what the problem is but since the primary screen disappears regardless of single or dual monitor mode, the software is currently unusable and my project is dead in the water.

At Home Bob

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Update! (Sorry if I’m over posting but i think I figured it out!).

I just totally uninstalled Resolve 16 including all of the temp folders - (kept project folders and audio/video files, obviously), rebooted the system, downloaded a new, clean install directly from the App Store, and when I started Resolve, it worked fine!!! Looks like I’m good to go now. If anyone else is still having this issue, try it out and see if it helps you too!

Cheers!

Bob

ethanraiin

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 pm

This has been driving me crazy - just started happening today for me.

Unable to consistently reproduce; however I lost an entire saved project when the window disappeared today. Hours of work out the window.

At Home Bob

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Yup, I thought I was resolved but it's still there. I switch my primary resolution from default for display to scaled each time I open Resolvre and it mostly works but it's still a seriuous issue. Simply clicking "reset UI" does not work for me - the only thing thwqt works is closing the program, manually changing my primary monitor (laptop moitor) resolution and reopening.

mattmerk

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 9:35 pm

Can confirm this bug as well, and this is a big problem. Should be a high priority fix.

This machine I'm on now is a 2012 trashcan mac pro with dual monitors. I can't run Resolve in dual screen mode and ever expect it to open properly.
Matthew Merkovich
MATTMERK Inc.

http://mattmerk.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/MatthewMerkovich

Squishy57

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Same here. Catalina + 2 displays. When I tell program to "Show all windows" I get an outline of the main project window but can't activate it. I can open the menu and get some of the secondary windows to open.

sean mclennan

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 pm

I too can confirm.

Upgraded my work iMac (w/second apple display) to Catalina and downloaded the latest Resolve 16....I get no UI. If I manually select to show Media window, I can import footage, but selecting any of pages (color, edit, etc) I have no main UI. :?:

Wildthing

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm

The workaround I’ve found is to switch off the second monitor before launch. Launch the app, switch off full screen mode so it’s running in a window, then fire up the second screen.

The app moves to the second screen (which is now set to primary) and you can then make it full screen again and switch on dual screens.

Not a great workaround every time you load the app, but it’s relatively consistent on my machine at least.
Hope that helps someone.

wdupuis

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 5:32 pm

I"m having this issue too with 3 screens. 1080 Panasonic, Apple Thunderbolt Display and HP Dreamcolor 32 Z.
Open app and project, and a screen pops on the display for a second and disappears.
Another anomaly; Click on the plus sign to add an audio plugin in Fairlight and the menu shows up on an opposing screen. Click the down arrow to delete the plugin from the channel and "delete plugin" shows up on the next screen over to the right.
Something is off with either Catalina or Davincis interpretation of screen real estate.

mattmerk

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Wildthing wrote:The workaround I’ve found is to switch off the second monitor before launch. Launch the app, switch off full screen mode so it’s running in a window, then fire up the second screen.

The app moves to the second screen (which is now set to primary) and you can then make it full screen again and switch on dual screens.

Not a great workaround every time you load the app, but it’s relatively consistent on my machine at least.
Hope that helps someone.

My equally goofy workaround (goofy because we shouldn't have to work around this in the first place) is to revert back to "Dual Screen" and uncheck "On" under the "Workspace" menu before closing the application. When I relaunch, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, and all my windows are missing, I switch the "Primary Display" to "Display 1" close again and relaunch. That seems to consistently work.

After a successful launch I can put it back in dual screen mode, but I have to remember to change it back to single screen before closing the app.

Fun!

EDIT: I also have to be in the "Edit" room when I save and exit before re-launching and reloading. If I am in the "Deliver" room when I close Resolve the bug persists.
Matthew Merkovich
MATTMERK Inc.

everSparx

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 2:34 am

Adding myself to the list of people with the same problem!
Running Catalina 10.15.1 , and the amazing DaVinci keeps pulling a disappearing act... although it's visible in the panel's thumbnail)

When I click on that panel/screen thumbnail, Resolve doesn't actually display.

Completely reinstalled daVinci Resolve once and thought that fixed the problem... until it didn't.
Tried toggling the Primary Screen setting, and sometimes that works. Sometimes not.
At this moment, nothing seems to be working, so will try restarting my mac and hope for the best!

After years of flirting with this amazing software, I've finally committed to learning/mastering it -- this is the first real project I've cut/graded on it -- and I never remember anything remotely like this happening with my ol' editing software. So glad I do most of my little projects without a client looking over my shoulder! Pleeeeeassse fix! Thanks!

Cheers

wdupuis

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Both of the above works for me, or; "at least I can get at my work even though this program is not playing nice with the rest of the system.
Final Cut does this as well, and you have to set your workspace to default, that window appears and you go from there.
Mac may be having issues disparaging display sizes??

joe12south

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Still a bug in Resolve 16.1.1 and Catalina 10.15.1.

This is ridiculous. :cry:

everSparx

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 12:15 am

Not really sure everything in this list is needed, but this is working on my 2017 15 inch macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.1, with an external 4k monitor...

1. Get rid of all spaces (the additional swipe/slide screens on the mac) but one.
2. WIth Duel Screen off, set Workplace / Primary Screen to Screen 1
3. Shut mac down.
4. Turn off external monitor.
5. Power up mac.
6. Open DaVinci, which should display fine on your mac.
7. Power up external monitor.
8. Hit "Screen 2" under Workplace/Primary Screen.
9. Throw salt over your shoulder if needed ;-)

Tried turning duel screen on before and everything disappeared, so, very content at the moment to have DaVinci consistently visible on my larger monitor!

Cheers

sbrichardson

PostSat Nov 16, 2019 10:05 pm

A workaround a found that worked easier than others:

1. Before opening Resolve, press Command + F1 on mac, to enable display cloning (all 2-3 displays will be one display).

2. Open Resolve, press Command + F1 again to switch back to normal multi monitor mode.

3. The window won't disappear.

--
Catalina 10.15.1
Davinci Resolve Studio 16.1.1.005
iMac Pro with 2 external monitors, LG 5k, Dell 4K

Wildthing

PostMon Nov 18, 2019 10:28 pm

sbrichardson wrote:1. Before opening Resolve, press Command + F1 on mac, to enable display cloning (all 2-3 displays will be one display).

2. Open Resolve, press Command + F1 again to switch back to normal multi monitor mode.

I was pretty excited this would be a good workaround - can confirm that it does reliably bring up the UI on my system, however when using this method, for some reason I lose the ability to switch on dual screen mode once I've switched off mirroring mode.

:roll:

sbrichardson

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 8:26 am

Wildthing wrote:
sbrichardson wrote:1. Before opening Resolve, press Command + F1 on mac, to enable display cloning (all 2-3 displays will be one display).

I was pretty excited this would be a good workaround - can confirm that it does reliably bring up the UI on my system, however when using this method, for some reason I lose the ability to switch on dual screen mode once I've switched off mirroring mode.

:roll:

Ahh, yeah, I didn't test extensively, was just glad to get the UI up reliably!

mattmerk

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 7:12 pm

sbrichardson wrote:A workaround a found that worked easier than others:

1. Before opening Resolve, press Command + F1 on mac, to enable display cloning (all 2-3 displays will be one display).

Good grief, this is cookoo. Thanks sbrichardson. It definitely works, and more reliably than my stupid workaround.

Has anyone contacted anyone directly at Blackmagic about this?

*EDIT: I find it best to still switch to single display before closing. Leaving Resolve with "Dual Screen - On" checked makes for some strange behavior when restarting using this cmd+F1 method. For example, for me, after I close in dual screen mode and restart, Resolve only opens on one screen and the "Dual Screen" option is greyed out. Best to just uncheck "Dual Screen - On" before closing and just turn it back on every session (which is lame, of course).
Matthew Merkovich
MATTMERK Inc.

Wildthing

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 9:21 pm

mattmerk wrote:
Has anyone contacted anyone directly at Blackmagic about this?

Not via phone, but further up the thread one of the techs asked for a diagnostics report, so I assume they’re looking at it (certainly hoping they are!)

I’ve also found that I can’t render out videos with the EGPU attached when it has fusion titles in the timeline (specifically corporate corners) - I have to unplug the EGPU to render otherwise I get a hard crash. :shock:

Mike Baranger

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 am

Adding my name to the list. I'm using Resolve 16.1.1.005 on an iMac Pro running Catalina 10.15.1 with two Thunderbolt displays and an LG ultrawide. I haven't found a reliable workaround yet. My usual voodoo ends up being that I unplugged one of the displays, open Resolve, swap around which display is primary and secondary, close Resolve, and repeat multiple times. Eventually the tea leaves align and Heisenberg uncertainty principal collapses and primary window appears after I load a project.

I've been trying to use a single display workspace just because I've been a little paranoid about it.
sbrichardson wrote:A workaround a found that worked easier than others:

Next time I fire up Resolve I'll try this workaround.

EDIT: The workaround seems to take care of the problem, at least for the moment.

bikman

PostMon Nov 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Adding my name to this list also. Very annoying bug.

None of suggested workarounds helped me. But I've noticed strange dependency and found another one - once my Thunderbolt 3 Appollo X6 is turned on before Resolve starts - it loads fine and screen doesn't disappear. If Appolo X6 is on before start - every time screen disappears.

I'm using MacBook Pro 2016 + eGPU (Vega 56 in Sonnet box).

Hope this will be fixed soon.
Thanks,
Dmitry

mediapopyyc

PostMon Nov 25, 2019 8:28 pm

I decided to do a screen record of the issue that I'm having, is this what you all are experiencing? This is getting so frustrating. Only started happening after installing Catalina. In Mojave there was no issue.

Here's a link to the screen recording video (the disappearing window happens at 00:53-ish):
https://vimeo.com/375494557/65515d6edc

- It's not in another "Desktop"
- "Spaces" shows the outline of Davinci, but is empty
- Works when I do Command+F1 as mentioned in a previous post (Still no dual display, however)

Here's the latest ResolveDebug.txt:

Code: Select all
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:40,492 | Running DaVinci Resolve Studio v16.1.1.005 (macOS/Clang)
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:40,493 | Updating display GPU information...
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:40,493 | Detecting GPU properties
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,409 | Process to detect GPUs has finished
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | Detected model 'MacPro6,1'
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | Detected OS 'macOS 10.15.1 (19B88)'
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | Detected uptime 267616s
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | Single GPU machine = No
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | GPU Name = 'AMD FirePro D500', Main display = 0
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,413 | GPU Name = 'AMD FirePro D500', Main display = 1
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | 2 GPUs (including display GPU) found. Using Metal for processing.
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | GLmap capable. GPUs: 2 discrete, 0 integrated, 0 external. Auto mapping, Metal processing, main display not on external GPU.
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | Setting LsManager.3.DisplayGPUName = AMD FirePro D500
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | Setting LsManager.3.DisplayGPUIndex = 1
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | Setting LsManager.3.NumGPUs = 2
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,520 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,588 | R3DAPI 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 M64S) R3DSDK 7.1.0-3YM06 (20180720 M64D) RED CUDA 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED OPENCL 7.1.0-45494 (20180721) RED METAL 7.1.0-45891 (20181026) [/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries/] init is successful
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,591 | 0 RED rocket cards available
There are 2 GPUs in the system.
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.DeckLink   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,604 | DL::DisplayDevices: (0/0)
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,604 | Decklink model name: '', version: '11.2.0'
[0x121743dc0] | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,604 | DVIP Version : 16.1.0, Revision r005638-76aa0daa, Branch release/16.1 (Release)
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,767 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,769 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:41,771 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
[0x121743dc0] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:43,739 | Finished loading Application style sheet
*********** WITH DIRECT I/O SWITCHED ON!
*********** WITH DIRECT I/O SWITCHED ON!
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:43,881 | Adding directory /Volumes to directory watching list
Local.Speed.Debug switched OFF - ''
[0x70000cfc8000] | Main                 | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:43,883 | Started listener socket at port 15000
DHID 363441382
[0x70000d0ce000] | LeManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,266 | 521, 38
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,266 | Memory config: reserved=6144M pinned=4608M log=0
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,266 | Using default pooled memory manager
[0x70000d151000] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,266 | BtResourceManager Process Thread Started
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,267 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62669
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,267 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62670
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,267 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62671
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,267 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62672
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,268 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62673
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,268 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62674
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,268 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62675
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,269 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 62676
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,272 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, NumSites: 1

[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, stop = 3

Sy High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145523941376)
SY high priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D35D000
Sy Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145524477952)
SY low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D3E0000
Sy Data Handler Thread ----- (123145525014528)
SY data handler thread starts: 0D463000
Gs High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145526624256)
GS high priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D5EC000
Gs Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145527160832)
GS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D66F000
Dp High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145528233984)
DP high priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D775000
Dp Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145528770560)
DP low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D7F8000
Dt High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145529307136)
DT high priority cmd handler thhread starts: 0D87B000
[0x70000d6f2000] | GsManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (123145527697408)

Dt Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145529843712)
DT low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0D8FE000
[0x121743dc0] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Using 8 generic IO threads
GS processor thread starts: 0D6F2000
Local.Speed.Verbose switched OFF - ''
[0x70000d981000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
DT data handler thread starts: 0D981000
[0x121743dc0] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic and 8 Red decode threads)
[0x70000da04000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000da87000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000de9f000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e028000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e1b1000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145540575232)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145541111808)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0E3BD000
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (123145541648384)
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145542184960)
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (123145543258112)
[0x70000dc93000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145544331264)
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (123145543794688)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (123145542721536)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0E6CF000
LS data handler thread starts: 0E440000
LS data handler thread starts: 0E5C9000
Mem Data Transmitter Thread ----- (123145545404416)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 0E546000Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (123145544867840)

[0x70000dd16000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000dd99000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Mem data transmitter thread starts: 0E7D5000
[0x70000de1c000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000db0a000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000df22000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000dfa5000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000db8d000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e0ab000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e12e000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000dc10000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e234000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x70000e2b7000] | DtManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,273 | Dt Worker Thread Started
[0x121743dc0] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,274 | Loading dblist file: /Users/mediapop/Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/dblist.conf
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,274 | Let There Be Metal Light!
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,279 | Start detecting Metal boards
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,280 | Found qualified Metal board 0: device name - AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500, vendor - 1, global memory size (MB) - 3072, local memory size (KB) - 32
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,280 | Found qualified Metal board 1: device name - AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500, vendor - 1, global memory size (MB) - 3072, local memory size (KB) - 32
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,280 | 2 Metal boards detected
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,280 | Board manager thread id 0xe858000 policy 2 priority 42
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,280 | Initializing GPU board 0 with context thread 0
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Device registryID 4294969697, DisplayDevice registryID 4294969697 (match 1)
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 0 to 4
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Board manager 0 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Finished initializing Metal board 0 <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500> on platform <> clock rate <0> multiprocessor count <0> global mem size (MB) 3072, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[0|0]
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Hired Metal board 0 <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500>
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Board manager thread id 0xe8db000 policy 2 priority 42
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,282 | Initializing GPU board 1 with context thread 0
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Device registryID 4294969696, DisplayDevice registryID 4294969697 (match 0)
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Setting channel cache size on GPU board 1 to 4
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Board manager 1 on thread 0 initialization done on GPU AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Entering loop to wait for commands
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Finished initializing Metal board 1 <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500> on platform <> clock rate <0> multiprocessor count <0> global mem size (MB) 3072, available mem size (MB) 0, shared mem size (KB) 32, on SBM[1|0]
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Hired Metal board 1 <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500>
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Close Metal board <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500>, it is used for display
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,286 | Board 0 on thread 0 <AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500>: No more jobs. You're fired!
[0x70000e858000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,287 | Clean up and shut down board 0 on thread 0
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,287 | SBM[0|0]<AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500> Doomed
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | ERROR | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,287 | Failed to initialize OpenGL interop, multiple compute cards detected.
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,287 | Let There Be Metal Light, Done!!
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,369 | Using DNxHR library v2.5.2.68r
[0x70000e752000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:45,405 | Using Metal Wired Memory!
There are 1 GPUs in the system.
Board 1 - AMD_Radeon_HD_-_FirePro_D500
1 REACTOR GPU NAMES = AMD_Radeon_HD_-_FirePro_D500,
LS data handler thread starts: 0E752000
[0x121743dc0] | Fairlight            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:46,842 | 00.00.01.089(000): SW Audio latency samples 480 set to minimum 512
[0x121743dc0] | Fairlight            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:48,871 | 00.00.03.118(003): SW Audio latency samples 480 set to minimum 512
[0x121743dc0] | Fairlight            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:48,872 | 00.00.03.119(000): Running Fairlight (r012558-cd06bcd0)
[0x121743dc0] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:48,898 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (2 total).
[0x121743dc0] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:48,901 | Initialized OpenGL 2.1 (requested 2.0) on device 'ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500 OpenGL Engine'
All textures are loaded : 1.
[0x121743dc0] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,110 | Fusion Build: r065727-3e7f31d3_022 (Oct 29 2019 11:52:08)
[0x121743dc0] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,120 | FusionLibs: = "/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries/Fusion"
[0x121743dc0] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,120 | UserData:   = "/Users/mediapop/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion"
[0x121743dc0] | Fusion               | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,120 | Profiles:   = "UserData:Profiles/"
[0x7000117ef000] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,570 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (3 total).
[0x7000117ef000] | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,573 | OpenGL I/O worker thread ready.
[0x121743dc0] | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,573 | OpenGL I/O setup done.
[0x700011872000] | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,573 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (4 total).
[0x700011872000] | UI.Scopes            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,575 | Initialized GPU Scopes Manager on device 'AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D500'
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,726 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,955 | Started /Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Applications/DaVinciPanelDaemon with pid 62684
[0x121743dc0] | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:49,962 | Sm2SysIdEntry is not supported in disk database (xml) mode
SY panel handler thread starts: 0D569000
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:50,659 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:50,667 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,271 | Invalid frame delta -2147483648
Printing Stack Info
0   Resolve                             0x0000000104cda7a6 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 309654
1   Resolve                             0x0000000104cda958 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 310088
2   Resolve                             0x0000000104d54f55 _ZN8BtMatrix14CreateInstanceEv + 133605
3   Resolve                             0x0000000101b2e025 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM30UiFirstCutGenericToolbarTopImpFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 469621
4   Resolve                             0x0000000101b1b7d6 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM30UiFirstCutGenericToolbarTopImpFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 393766
5   Resolve                             0x0000000101b1b789 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM30UiFirstCutGenericToolbarTopImpFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 393689
6   Resolve                             0x0000000101b2ba94 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM30UiFirstCutGenericToolbarTopImpFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 460004
7   Resolve                             0x0000000101b2d049 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM30UiFirstCutGenericToolbarTopImpFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 465561
8   Resolve                             0x0000000101b651c5 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2Iv23UiFCTimelineViewOptionsP14UiFCIconButtonbEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS7_EENS_3argILi1EEENSF_ILi2EEEEEEEvS9_bE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferES9_b + 23045
9   Resolve                             0x0000000101b637c9 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2Iv23UiFCTimelineViewOptionsP14UiFCIconButtonbEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS7_EENS_3argILi1EEENSF_ILi2EEEEEEEvS9_bE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferES9_b + 16393
10  Resolve                             0x0000000101b62d09 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2Iv23UiFCTimelineViewOptionsP14UiFCIconButtonbEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS7_EENS_3argILi1EEENSF_ILi2EEEEEEEvS9_bE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferES9_b + 13641
11  Resolve                             0x0000000101a1f011 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM26UiShortcutTreeItemDelegateFvRK14QItemSelectionENS_4ListIJS4_EEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 3473
12  Resolve                             0x00000001003aba9f _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM12UiMainViewerFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 39247
13  Resolve                             0x00000001003a8e57 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM12UiMainViewerFvvENS_4ListIJEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 27911
14  Resolve                             0x000000010004d344 Resolve + 316228
15  Resolve                             0x000000010004bc3d Resolve + 310333
16  Resolve                             0x000000010005cc50 _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcNSt3__111char_traitsIcEEKNS3_12basic_stringIcS5_NS3_9allocatorIcEEEEEEvRNS3_13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EEPKv + 6016
17  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff6bb802e5 start + 1
18  ???                                 0x0000000000000001 0x0 + 1
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,272 | Invalid frame delta
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,442 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,449 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,695 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:51,702 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:53,732 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:53,739 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:53,894 | Rebind actions failed: Action Connector (Viewer) is not activated yet(error: Owner is invisible)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:54,042 | Not creating special GL widget for screen 0
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:55,037 | Failed to find value '100' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu1_triggered(bool)] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu2_triggered()] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu3_triggered()] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu5_triggered()] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [fusion_menu8_triggered()] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,029 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_menu1_triggered()] is owned by [0x6000052f3d20]
****************** Flushing GPU Buffers
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,178 | RED rocket decode has been disabled in the config file
[0x121743dc0] | IO                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,181 | Resolve found 16 hardware decoders
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.DeckLink   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,416 | DL::DisplayDevices: (0/0)
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.DeckLink   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:04:56,416 | DL::CaptureDevices: (0/0)
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:02,283 | Current user pointer is changed
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:02,294 | UI Persistence - UseDisplayNameForClips not read
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:02,294 | UI Persistence - DefaultTransitionKey not read
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:02,295 | UI Persistence - DefaultAudioTransitionKey not read
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:05,521 | Invalid frame delta -2147483648
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:05,603 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:05,604 | Failed to find value '-1' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:05,605 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:12,000 | Start purging still caches
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:12,000 | Finish purging still caches
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:12,078 | Main view page is changed to 12
2019-11-25 13:05:12.152 Resolve[62655:1531792] Invalid state set [-100].
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:12,332 | Gallery pointer is changed, refreshing color gallery
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:12,356 | Gallery pointer is changed, refreshing gallery browser
2019-11-25 13:05:12.448 Resolve[62655:1531792] Invalid state set [-100].
2019-11-25 13:05:12.448 Resolve[62655:1531792] Invalid state set [-100].
2019-11-25 13:05:14.663 Resolve[62655:1531792] Invalid state set [-100].
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.ActionExecutor | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:15,763 | Database transaction is ongoing, user initiated action Sync Asset Map is postponed
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.ActionExecutor | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,072 | Database transaction completed, enqueueing 1 postponed actions
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,075 | Finished saving HiddenView to database (size = 0)
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,075 | Finished clearing HiddenView (size = 0)
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Project    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,101 | Unlock project Untitled Project
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.ProjectManager | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,102 | Loading project (AMEERA) from database (mediapop) took 1229 ms
****************** Flushing GPU Buffers
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,224 | Current project pointer (AMEERA) is changed
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:16,224 | Current timeline pointer (FIRST CUT) is changed
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,054 | Invalid frame delta -2147483648
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,056 | Invalid frame delta -2147483648
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,063 | Rebind actions failed: Action Connector (ColorKeyframes) is not activated yet(error: Owner is invisible)
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,076 | Flushing GPU memory...
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,079 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,079 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,106 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,107 | Failed to find value '266' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,109 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,111 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:17,111 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:23,590 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:23,602 | Start purging still caches
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Gallery    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:23,602 | Finish purging still caches
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:23,642 | Rebind actions failed: Action Connector (ColorKeyframes) is not activated yet(error: Owner is invisible)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:23,990 | Lock project AMEERA
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,349 | UploadWipeData called before UiGPU has been initialized. Returning false
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,352 | Gallery pointer is changed, refreshing color gallery
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,383 | Gallery pointer is changed, refreshing gallery browser
Printing Stack Info
0   Resolve                             0x0000000104cda7a6 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 309654
1   Resolve                             0x0000000104cda958 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 310088
2   Resolve                             0x0000000103cd95da _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterI25UiAudioWaveformDataHelperNS_13NormalDeleterEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 1309706
3   Resolve                             0x0000000103cd985a _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterI25UiAudioWaveformDataHelperNS_13NormalDeleterEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 1310346
4   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc0a70 _ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent + 48
5   libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb432b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 251
6   libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb6c99 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5657
7   Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
8   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
9   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120be96e2 _ZN14QTimerInfoList14activateTimersEv + 1266
10  libqcocoa.dylib                     0x000000015351f9dc _ZN21QCocoaEventDispatcher13processEventsE6QFlagsIN10QEventLoop17ProcessEventsFlagEE + 1564
11  Resolve                             0x00000001005e6ea5 _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterI7QPixmapNS_13NormalDeleterEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 178821
12  Resolve                             0x000000010074c6a9 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM19UiMainViewerFormImpFvbENS_4ListIJbEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 206969
13  Resolve                             0x0000000100f2a513 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 1078547
14  Resolve                             0x0000000100f10c13 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 973843
15  Resolve                             0x0000000100f0f9cc _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 969164
16  Resolve                             0x0000000100f110d9 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 975065
17  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
18  Resolve                             0x0000000101e252c7 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP7QActionLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 2295
19  Resolve                             0x0000000100efd9b5 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 895413
20  Resolve                             0x0000000100efe014 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 897044
21  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
22  Resolve                             0x0000000101e282c7 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP7QActionLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 14583
23  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
24  Resolve                             0x0000000101dfba27 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP12SyLibIOCPSigLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 71271
25  Resolve                             0x0000000100ce46e9 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 962969
26  Resolve                             0x0000000100d00491 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1077057
27  Resolve                             0x0000000100d023cd _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1085053
28  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ed01d0 _ZN14QGraphicsScene5eventEP6QEvent + 1488
29  Resolve                             0x0000000100d027a5 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1086037
30  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb432b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 251
31  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb6c99 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5657
32  Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
33  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
34  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb8a0d _Z23qt_sendSpontaneousEventP7QObjectP6QEvent + 45
35  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ef7d10 _ZN13QGraphicsView21mouseDoubleClickEventEP11QMouseEvent + 1024
36  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bf3144 _ZN7QWidget5eventEP6QEvent + 1652
37  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122cde524 _ZN6QFrame5eventEP6QEvent + 212
38  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122d629f3 _ZN19QAbstractScrollArea13viewportEventEP6QEvent + 179
39  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ef6fa0 _ZN13QGraphicsView13viewportEventEP6QEvent + 1728
40  Resolve                             0x0000000100d109e5 _ZN5QHashIPN5UiBin14UiBinWidgetBinE15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 11301
41  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122d634d5 _ZN25QAbstractScrollAreaFilter11eventFilterEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 37
42  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b95bc9 _ZN23QCoreApplicationPrivate29sendThroughObjectEventFiltersEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 201
43  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb431b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 235
44  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb79c3 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 9027
45  Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
46  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
47  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb4cab _ZN19QApplicationPrivate14sendMouseEventEP7QWidgetP11QMouseEventS1_S1_PS1_R8QPointerIS0_Eb + 971
48  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122c0e37b _ZN13QWidgetWindow16handleMouseEventEP11QMouseEvent + 1179
49  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122c0d5df _ZN13QWidgetWindow5eventEP6QEvent + 111
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,802 | Duration is negative
Printing Stack Info
2   Resolve                             0x0000000104d005f9 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 464873
3   Resolve                             0x0000000103cd987e _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterI25UiAudioWaveformDataHelperNS_13NormalDeleterEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 1310382
4   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc0a70 _ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent + 48
5   libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb432b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 251
6   libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb6c99 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5657
7   Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
8   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
9   libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120be96e2 _ZN14QTimerInfoList14activateTimersEv + 1266
10  libqcocoa.dylib                     0x000000015351f9dc _ZN21QCocoaEventDispatcher13processEventsE6QFlagsIN10QEventLoop17ProcessEventsFlagEE + 1564
11  Resolve                             0x00000001005e6ea5 _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterI7QPixmapNS_13NormalDeleterEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 178821
12  Resolve                             0x000000010074c6a9 _ZN9QtPrivate11QSlotObjectIM19UiMainViewerFormImpFvbENS_4ListIJbEEEvE4implEiPNS_15QSlotObjectBaseEP7QObjectPPvPb + 206969
13  Resolve                             0x0000000100f2a513 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 1078547
14  Resolve                             0x0000000100f10c13 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 973843
15  Resolve                             0x0000000100f0f9cc _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 969164
16  Resolve                             0x0000000100f110d9 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 975065
17  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
18  Resolve                             0x0000000101e252c7 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP7QActionLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 2295
19  Resolve                             0x0000000100efd9b5 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 895413
20  Resolve                             0x0000000100efe014 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate25QPairVariantInterfaceImpl13getSecondImplI5QPairIiiEEENS_11VariantDataEPKPKvij + 897044
21  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
22  Resolve                             0x0000000101e282c7 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP7QActionLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 14583
23  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120bc805a _ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectiiPPv + 2986
24  Resolve                             0x0000000101dfba27 _ZN17QtMetaTypePrivate23QMetaTypeFunctionHelperIP12SyLibIOCPSigLb1EE9ConstructEPvPKv + 71271
25  Resolve                             0x0000000100ce46e9 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 962969
26  Resolve                             0x0000000100d00491 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1077057
27  Resolve                             0x0000000100d023cd _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1085053
28  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ed01d0 _ZN14QGraphicsScene5eventEP6QEvent + 1488
29  Resolve                             0x0000000100d027a5 _ZN5QHashIP21ScopedActionConnector15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 1086037
30  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb432b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 251
31  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb6c99 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5657
32  Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
33  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
34  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb8a0d _Z23qt_sendSpontaneousEventP7QObjectP6QEvent + 45
35  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ef7d10 _ZN13QGraphicsView21mouseDoubleClickEventEP11QMouseEvent + 1024
36  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bf3144 _ZN7QWidget5eventEP6QEvent + 1652
37  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122cde524 _ZN6QFrame5eventEP6QEvent + 212
38  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122d629f3 _ZN19QAbstractScrollArea13viewportEventEP6QEvent + 179
39  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122ef6fa0 _ZN13QGraphicsView13viewportEventEP6QEvent + 1728
40  Resolve                             0x0000000100d109e5 _ZN5QHashIPN5UiBin14UiBinWidgetBinE15QHashDummyValueE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 11301
41  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122d634d5 _ZN25QAbstractScrollAreaFilter11eventFilterEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 37
42  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b95bc9 _ZN23QCoreApplicationPrivate29sendThroughObjectEventFiltersEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 201
43  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb431b _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 235
44  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb79c3 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 9027
45  Resolve                             0x000000010003d66c Resolve + 251500
46  libQt5Core.5.dylib                  0x0000000120b958b3 _ZN16QCoreApplication14notifyInternalEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 115
47  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122bb4cab _ZN19QApplicationPrivate14sendMouseEventEP7QWidgetP11QMouseEventS1_S1_PS1_R8QPointerIS0_Eb + 971
48  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122c0e37b _ZN13QWidgetWindow16handleMouseEventEP11QMouseEvent + 1179
49  libQt5Widgets.5.dylib               0x0000000122c0d5df _ZN13QWidgetWindow5eventEP6QEvent + 111
[0x121743dc0] | BtCommon             | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,804 | Negative duration
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:24,815 | Main view page is changed to 1
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,035 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,092 | Main view page is changed to 11
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,385 | Rebind actions failed: Action Connector (ColorKeyframes) is not activated yet(error: Owner is invisible)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,387 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,388 | Failed to find value '237' in combo-box
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,555 | Main view page is changed to 11
[0x70000e8db000] | GPUManager           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:25,874 | Loaded Shaper LUT 'Test-Lut-Ameera-1_1.A074_C003_01016N.cube'
### DEL_DBG IOFileSys::DeleteDirFully - command = rm -rf '/Users/mediapop/Movies/Resolve Project Backups/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438'
### DEL_DBG IOFileSys::DeletePath[1256] p_OSErrCode = 0, p_ErrMsg =
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:26,749 | No reply received from file system, assume successfully deleted folder /Users/mediapop/Movies/Resolve Project Backups/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438.
### DEL_DBG IOFileSys::DeleteDirFully - command = rm -rf '/Users/mediapop/Movies/CacheClip/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438'
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:26,761 | No reply received from file system, assume successfully deleted folder /Users/mediapop/Movies/CacheClip/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438.
### DEL_DBG IOFileSys::DeleteDirFully - command = rm -rf '/Users/mediapop/Movies/.gallery/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438'
[0x121743dc0] | SyManager            | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:26,771 | No reply received from file system, assume successfully deleted folder /Users/mediapop/Movies/.gallery/b26e0f38-9716-47d8-ae81-d9519812f438.
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MenuBar           | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:29,653 | Rebind actions failed: Action Connector (ColorKeyframes) is not activated yet(error: Owner is invisible)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:29,693 | Initializing FBO of size 1920 x 1080 - 16b (old 0 x 0 - 16b)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | INFO  | 2019-11-25 13:05:29,693 | Setting reInit to true in CheckGPU
Init called for Init
profile : 7000(6145)
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:29,694 | Unable to submit frame to GPU scopes, legacy OpenGL uploads not supported (Color Page).
[0x121743dc0] | UI                   | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:29,812 | Unable to submit frame to GPU scopes, legacy OpenGL uploads not supported (Color Page).
[0x121743dc0] | UI.MultiScreen       | WARN  | 2019-11-25 13:05:35,529 | New monitor is plugged in, but dual screen mode is not initialized. Please restart DaVinci Resolve to reinitialize the dual screen mode.

Monitors & Graphics Cards:
Code: Select all
AMD FirePro D500:

Chipset Model:   AMD FirePro D500
  Type:   GPU
  Bus:   PCIe
  Slot:   Slot-1
  PCIe Lane Width:   x16
  VRAM (Total):   3 GB
  Vendor:   AMD (0x1002)
  Device ID:   0x679e
  Revision ID:   0x0000
  ROM Revision:   113-C3861J-687
  VBIOS Version:   113-C3861LA-029
  EFI Driver Version:   01.0D.687
  Automatic Graphics Switching:   Supported
  gMux Version:   4.0.11 [3.2.8]
  Metal:   Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
  Connection Type:   No Display Connected

AMD FirePro D500:

Chipset Model:   AMD FirePro D500
  Type:   GPU
  Bus:   PCIe
  Slot:   Slot-2
  PCIe Lane Width:   x16
  VRAM (Total):   3 GB
  Vendor:   AMD (0x1002)
  Device ID:   0x679e
  Revision ID:   0x0000
  ROM Revision:   113-C3861J-687
  VBIOS Version:   113-C3861LB-029
  EFI Driver Version:   01.0D.687
  Automatic Graphics Switching:   Supported
  gMux Version:   4.0.11 [3.2.8]
  Metal:   Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
  Displays:
LG UltraFine:
  Resolution:   6016 x 3384
  UI Looks like:   3008 x 1692
  Framebuffer Depth:   30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
  Display Serial Number:   612NTMXAL139
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Rotation:   Supported
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:   No
  Connection Type:   DisplayPort
LED Cinema Display:
  Display Type:   LCD
  Resolution:   1920 x 1200 (WUXGA - Widescreen Ultra eXtended Graphics Array)
  UI Looks like:   1920 x 1200
  Framebuffer Depth:   30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
  Display Serial Number:   2A8520MB0K0
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Rotation:   Supported
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:   No
  Connection Type:   DisplayPort

Michael_Andreas

PostMon Nov 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Even though I'm on Windows, I've seen some behavior I thought might be relevant to this as perhaps DR handles extra display windows the same way between platforms.

I "flew out" the viewer on the Fairlight page to an extra monitor to see what it was like to work with it that way. Later after I had shut down DR, I removed the extra display from my system, and it no longer appeared on the Windows settings. Yet later on I went back to Fairlight, and no viewer -- no where to be found. Until I re-connected the display I had removed and there it was sitting on the display that had been connected and reconnected.

KuhnenB

PostSat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm glad to see I am not alone. My work around is trashing the Blackmagic preferences on my 2018 Mac Mini running Catalina. This has been persistent with all versions of DR 16 Studio. in trouble shooting I've eliminated hardware as the cause. Both monitors, the eGPU (Radeon RX 580 16GB), all run fine with Adobe Premiere and other dual monitor workspace programs. The bug is in DR.
Please add my report to the fix request.

Edrick Smith

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 12:46 am

I can also confirm having this issue, thought I was going crazy. Looks like a continued history of this issue with ZERO actual response from black magic in resolving it. What a surprise...

OS X 10.15.1
Resolve 16.1.1.005

Dual monitor issue even with setting the workspace to not use dual monitors has this issue
C47Studios.com | Los Angeles, California

mattmerk

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 6:44 pm

I have yet another workaround for this spectacular annoyance. If I start a new project and then set my primary display to "Display 1" and only then load a previously saved project, It seems to mitigate the problem.
Matthew Merkovich
MATTMERK Inc.

McGeeDigital

PostSun Dec 08, 2019 4:57 am

I can confirm that I'm also unable to use Davinci Resolve at this point due to this issue with the following setup:

2017 15" MBP with Touchbar
Dual monitor with LG external
MacOS Catalina
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1.005

When I launch Resolve, I'm unable to see the UI at all – only the DaVinci Resolve menu in the header. Otherwise, I can only see my wallpaper on both monitors. Sometimes I see the UI briefly for 1 second or less.

Seems like a "blocker" bug that was missed after the Catalina release.

UPDATE 12/9/19: I discarded the preference file mentioned in an early post and then restarted DR. This solved the problem on the first launch.

However, when I closed out of DR and tried it again, the original problem was back and there was no longer a preference file in my Library to delete.

I tried unplugging my second monitor and relaunching DR but that did not work. I tried resetting the UI and relaunching and that did not work either. I have not found a way to fix the problem, except for turning off dual monitors entirely. So at least I can see my work, but it's too painful to try to actually edit anything at this point. Will await the next update and hope this critical bug is fixed.
Last edited by McGeeDigital on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edrick Smith

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 12:08 am

So BlackMagic do you intend to provide any solution to this or just leave your users hanging?

sbrichardson

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 am

Interesting how a company this large can ignore a popular thread for a big issue. Basically unusable software, and Apple's Catalina release is more likely to blame here, but still.

mattmerk

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 5:01 pm

sbrichardson wrote:Interesting how a company this large can ignore a popular thread for a big issue. Basically unusable software, and Apple's Catalina release is more likely to blame here, but still.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but, at least for me, the latest Catalina update seems to have ameliorated this problem.
Matthew Merkovich
MATTMERK Inc.

McGeeDigital

PostFri Dec 13, 2019 6:05 pm

mattmerk wrote:
sbrichardson wrote:Interesting how a company this large can ignore a popular thread for a big issue. Basically unusable software, and Apple's Catalina release is more likely to blame here, but still.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but, at least for me, the latest Catalina update seems to have ameliorated this problem.

I can confirm the latest Catalina update has resolved the dual screen bug. Last evening, I updated to Catalina 10.15.2. This morning I was alerted to Matt's update. I then launched DR and the UI was back to normal.

Looks like this issue may have been caused by Apple software, not DR software.

Edrick Smith

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 2:13 am

Also works here with the newest Catalina update

psalter1

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 pm

I'm running Sonoma and the initial project launch screen disappears whenever I click on it. Any thoughts?

Return to DaVinci Resolve