Help! New camera, no display

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Doug Lee Pictures

Help! New camera, no display

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 3:31 am

I just received my Ursa Mini Pro G2 and the camera seems to power up fine, but there is no display either on the outside or when I open up the LCD screen. I touch the LCD and nothing! Is there a button somewhere I am missing to turn on the displays? I'm praying this isn't a lemon.

Thanks for any help!

DL

Xtreemtec

Re: Help! New camera, no display

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 10:22 am

Your lcd that normally displays the time also does not work?

Sounds like a power issue / flatcable gone dead..

Contact your regional BMD office to verify a few things. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Doug Lee Pictures

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Correct, nothing displays in either screen. I've tried this with the AC power and the vmount plate with battery on the back. I did have to install the indipro Vmount battery plate. I thought that might have had something to do with it, but why wouldn't it work with AC power?

DL

Xtreemtec

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Is the camera itself working? Does it output video? Do you hear a click of a relay internally when you set it ON.?
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Doug Lee Pictures

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

The camera turns on, and yes, I hear the initial click. I can get video out from the front SDI to my Atomos monitor, nothing from the back SDI, which probably requires set up in the menu. None of the controls, iris, iso, color temp change anything at all in the image. THe handle is able to click down exposure. Frustrating.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Yes your cam sounds defective. Contact BMD for a replacement.

Doug Lee Pictures

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 pm

NOT a fun process but ended OK. I had to ship the camera back to Adorama. Kudos to their customer service! They Fed EXed out a replacement camera overnight. I lost a couple prep days with the camera before a big two-day shoot and felt a little shaky with getting exposures right in Film Log since I didn't have time to test anything. Huge Thumbs up to Adorama. I'm not sure how that big of a problem went out of the factory.

Return to Getting Started