Premiere CC 2020 & Braw 1.5.2 bugs

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

BrianC

Premiere CC 2020 & Braw 1.5.2 bugs

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm

I mistakenly updated my premiere to the new cc 2020 and the braw 1.5.2 and looks like everything got worse. It was working fine in the previous versions (a few crashes) but now seems like there is a bunch of files no longer import into premiere that were there before. They import into resolve so it's gotta be related to the new versions.

Is anyone else having issues? Im on a mac and have tried reinstalling previous versions of premiere and braw with no luck.

Norman Lang

Re: Premiere CC 2020 & Braw 1.5.2 bugs

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 3:11 pm

This doesn’t answer your question directly, but I can tell you, since I ditched Premiere Pro and switched to Resolve, I haven’t looked back. I’m still an Adobe Cloud subscriber, because I use Photoshop and a couple of other apps, but it seems like a waste to pay these guys every month for “buggy” software as you point out. They are not the only game in town, nor are they the best.
I went through the same thing when I was trying to edit DNG Raw files. Adobe was slow to come up with a way to edit. When they did, it was a non starter for me.
My solution would be to get up to speed on Resolve. It’s really not much different in terms of the interface and functionality, but it is so much better, at least for me.
At the least you can render out the files in Prores in Resolve and edit in Premiere Pro from there, but at that point why bother when you can finish the whole thing in Resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norman Lang Langproductions.com Boston MA
BMCC - BMPC - BMPCC 4K - BMPCC 6K - BMPCC 6K Pro - MacBook Pro (M1) - MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB - Adobe CC - Davinci Resolve

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am

What is your setup? Hardware and OS version and GPU driver version.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

BrianC

PostThu Nov 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Currently on a 2013 iMac Catalina v10.15.1.
3.5 GHZ Quad Core Intel Core i7
Graphics is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB.

Pete Tomkies

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 2:48 am

I have upgraded to 2020 and only one BRAW file has failed to open (reporting a generic error). It was a file that was split between my Cfast2 and SD cards at the time of recording as the Cfast card became full. Interestingly the second part of the file opened fine in Premiere but the first part failed and gave the error. Both parts open in Resolve. Is that something that has been reported before?
Film maker • Director • DoP • Camera Operator • I write for Videomaker magazine

antoine

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi Pete,
I would be interested in those files to inspect them ! If you could share them on Google Drive / Dropbox it would be great
Thanks
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Pete Tomkies

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 10:06 pm

antoine wrote:Hi Pete,
I would be interested in those files to inspect them ! If you could share them on Google Drive / Dropbox it would be great
Thanks

I can't share the footage unfortunately as it was part of an interview for a children's charity event so there would be safeguarding as well as copyright issues.
Film maker • Director • DoP • Camera Operator • I write for Videomaker magazine

Return to Post Production