Davinci 16 install issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

danmhf

Davinci 16 install issues

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 2:27 pm

I have recently updated to v16.1 and since updating I keep getting a repeat error message and not being able to open the program. I have attached the error message that occurs and my specs which are all within the system requirements so I am puzzled at what is occurring. I have done all the obvious uninstall/reinstall and tried to reinstall the previous version I had running and the error message still repeats so it may be an internal computer issue. Any help or advice would be super helpful.

Dan
Attachments
mac specs.png
Computer Specs
mac specs.png (277.49 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Error message resolve.png
Opening error message
Error message resolve.png (617.8 KiB) Viewed 626 times

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci 16 install issues

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 am

Please look at the FAQs on how to obtain and share a diagnostic log archive and other information that can help us and other users help you: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

danmhf

Re: Davinci 16 install issues

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:Please look at the FAQs on how to obtain and share a diagnostic log archive and other information that can help us and other users help you: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

Hi Shrinivas, Thanks for replying, I have gone through the FAQs and information on how to capture the diagnostic log files but my issue is that the software itself never actually loads up and therefore I cannot access the Resolve help menu to find 'Create Diagnostic Logs on Desktop'.

I have attempted to upload this as a separate .txt or .log file however I cannot upload to the forum.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Return to DaVinci Resolve