Intensity Shuttle USB3 on Surfacebook

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Roger Cumner

Intensity Shuttle USB3 on Surfacebook

PostWed Nov 27, 2019 10:52 am

I am seeing the following behaviour when attempting to use an Intensity Shuttle on a Win10 Microsoft Surface Book via USB3.
1. Desktop Video does not recognise Intensity Shuttle is present until the USB3 cable is disconnected.
2. Media Express does not see Intensity Shuttle. Randomly selecting "Capture Now" sometimes causes Media Express to see the device.
3. Using Desktop Video 11.4.1 Media Express sees multiple devices when "Capture Now" is selected.
4. No picture is seen under any circumstances.
5. Device Manager shows device is installed and working.

USB power restrictions removed.
Desktop Video version 11.4.0 and 11.4.1(latest) tried.
Is this a lost cause or has anyone any insight into how to get these to work using USB3?

Harry Parker

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3 on Surfacebook

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 12:58 am

I would suggest that the USB3 in the Surface is not compatible with the Intensity Shuttle. The USB version of the shuttle has always been a hit and miss affair unfortunately and lots of folks have posted on these forums with issues getting it to connect. You may be out of luck I'm sorry to say.

Xtreemtec

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3 on Surfacebook

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 11:11 am

Best is to get a USB grabber from a different brand. The USB3 products from BMD were originally designed to work with a Renesas chipset that is already years out of production and was not widely adopted. Sorry to say but this will be a dead end.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started