Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[Need help with texturing a house interior in Fusion]

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Cutsom

[Need help with texturing a house interior in Fusion]

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Hello Blackmagic community, for a school project I need to make a house tour in vr, however I'm completely clueless with the texture system, I took some interior house samples like this one:https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-sofa-glossy-interior-room-1413073
(this is a file similar to the one I'll be using, I'm just testing right now)
But I can't seem to figure out how to apply the textures to each correct model. I'm currently stuck with this:
Are there any solutions or workarounds?
Thanks ALOT in advance.

xunile

Re: [Need help with texturing a house interior in Fusion]

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 3:27 am

When I downloaded the scene from Turbosquid, I downloaded the fbx version. I then used the Fusion import function under the Fusion menu and imported the fbx. There are over 30+ nodes in the scene. I also unzipped the textures and dragged them into the Media Pool. There aren't textures for all of the objects so I used some of the built-in ones. I am sure that it can look better than what I show below if you take some time. If you are looking for something more photorealistic, I might suggest Blender or another 3D application.
Attachments
2019-12-11 (2).png
2019-12-11 (2).png (476.11 KiB) Viewed 960 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Cutsom

Re: [Need help with texturing a house interior in Fusion]

PostThu Dec 12, 2019 8:38 am

xunile wrote:When I downloaded the scene from Turbosquid, I downloaded the fbx version. I then used the Fusion import function under the Fusion menu and imported the fbx. There are over 30+ nodes in the scene. I also unzipped the textures and dragged them into the Media Pool. There aren't textures for all of the objects so I used some of the built-in ones. I am sure that it can look better than what I show below if you take some time. If you are looking for something more photorealistic, I might suggest Blender or another 3D application.

Thanks so much!

Return to Fusion