Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Image import size

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

discmeister

Image import size

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to do something really simple in Fusion but being frustrated by what seems to be some sort of glitch in the image import process that I don't really understand.

I want to fade up three separate lines of text, each with an accompanying logo. As far as I can see, the only way to do this with the three lines each centred against the composition is to put them together as individual lines elsewhere - in my case Affinity Designer - and then import each line as a separate asset into Fusion. That's because to my knowledge, there's no way I can have an image AND a line of text grouped and aligned as that group within Fusion, correct?

Anyway, I have three of these lines, all as PNGs with transparent backgrounds. They are all different widths, because there's different amount of text on each line. But they are all 100 pixels tall. When I import them, they are different heights in Fusion. And because of that, it is actually impossible to get them to matching sizes because the size function in Fusion is relative rather than absolute.

Am I correct in my assumptions? And why would Fusion be importing equal-height images in differing sizes?

Hope someone can help. I've just switched from Premiere/AE workflow and am really giving Premiere/Fusion a go, but this is one of these things that would take around 10 seconds in AE but has taken me over four days of playing around with it in Fusion - and still led me to this post!

Kind regards to all,

Discy

xunile

Re: Image import size

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 pm

discmeister wrote:
I want to fade up three separate lines of text, each with an accompanying logo. As far as I can see, the only way to do this with the three lines each centred against the composition is to put them together as individual lines elsewhere - in my case Affinity Designer - and then import each line as a separate asset into Fusion. That's because to my knowledge, there's no way I can have an image AND a line of text grouped and aligned as that group within Fusion, correct?

You can use a Merge node to combine the PNG and a Text+ node, then you can use another Merge node to merge them with your MediaIn. You can then fade them in and out using the Blend slider on the 2nd Merge node.
Attachments
2020-01-14 (6).png
2020-01-14 (6).png (778.4 KiB) Viewed 578 times
2020-01-14 (7).png
2020-01-14 (7).png (783.3 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Return to Fusion