Recent Convert to Resolve - Features I'm missing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

johnmortensen

Recent Convert to Resolve - Features I'm missing

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm

I've been an editor for over 25 years and while I have dabbled in Resolve from version 12 on I have finally taken the plunge into 16 making Resolve my go to choice for edit software.

Coming from Final Cut Pro there are a few things I miss and hope BMD can address them.

1. Transitions... FCP has such a load of terrific transition and title packages. Hope Resolve can integrate some of these kinds of transition packs. (Love the Directional dissolves and such)

2. Transition between Fusion Compositions. I edit a lot of commercial spots and often times we will need to transition say between car models that are on sale. So I will build up Fusion clips of each model. The only way to transition between the seems to be a cut on the timeline.

3. Auto sound sync is great but I would love to have an indication of what clips are synced with second system sound. Also it would be great to have access to the original camera recorded sound if need be.

Just a few thoughts. Thanks so much for such a terrific piece of software.

Brad Hurley

Re: Recent Convert to Resolve - Features I'm missing

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm

johnmortensen wrote: Also it would be great to have access to the original camera recorded sound if need be.

See the manual -- there's an option for "auto sync based on timecode and append tracks" or "auto sync based on waveform and append tracks" that gives you one video clip and two audio tracks, one of which has the original camera recorded sound.

Also note that all synced clips appear with an audio icon at the bottom left in the Media Pool when Thumbnail view is selected.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Jim Simon

Re: Recent Convert to Resolve - Features I'm missing

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 pm

There is a dedicated section for new Feature Requests. I recommend a single request per thread. Makes the conversation easier to follow.

viewforum.php?f=33

(And do a search of that section first to see if what you want has already been requested, so you can add your vote.)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve