Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Are there Fusion Studio 16 Dongles?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

UserNoah

Are there Fusion Studio 16 Dongles?

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

A few days ago I bought the Fusion studio 16 Dongle from a German online shop. The offer specifically said Fusion studio 16 Dongle. And apparently the shop was an authorized Blackmagicdesign seller. It arrived and the box containing the dongle says Fusion Studio 9.

I haven't opened it yet (still sealed in plastic, seems to be in mint condition) and I'm wondering if I got scammed or if there are no Fusion Studio 16 Dongles.

As much as I know I can use the Fusion 9 dongle to use both Fusion and Resolve 16 and most importantly use the unlimited render nodes for Fusion, but I'm afraid that I will miss out on future versions of Fusion that might work with a newer dongle but not the version 9 dongle. And if there are version 16 Dongles and I bought a version 16 one I would like to have the product I ordered.

Does somebody know if there are Fusion Studio 16 Dongles? Should I return the dongle?

Thank you very much!

Pieter Van Houte

Re: Are there Fusion Studio 16 Dongles?

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 am

The Fusion dongles are all the same. They run everything including Resolve Studio. Mine are Fusion 7 dongles.

Don't worry about it and welcome to Fusion Studio :)
Support We Suck Less on Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/wesuckless

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckless

Chad Capeland

Re: Are there Fusion Studio 16 Dongles?

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 6:32 am

Just the same, there should be a sticky on this topic. I can understand why this would be confusing. Especially when not all of BMDs dongles act this way.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion