Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Primatte Selection Bugs Abound

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

neilyio

Primatte Selection Bugs Abound

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Help! I can't select anything with Primatte!

I find this to be by far the strongest keyer in Fusion... if I can get it to do anything. Most of the time, I'm unable to use the Line select tool for Select Background Color, Clean Background Noise, Clean Foreground Noise, or any of the other tools in the Controls Area. I'll get a Box select tool instead, which does nothing as I click around desperately.

Auto-Compute, as well, is about as predictable as Tesla stock. All these tools tend to work once or twice in a new comp, but then stop working entirely. Maybe there's a keyboard shortcut or something that I'm missing to change back to the Line tool, but the half-cropped and unresponsive toolbar at the top of the Display Area doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Maybe I'll go buy some crystals and see if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Bryan Ray

Re: Primatte Selection Bugs Abound

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 pm

I'll bet your on-screen controls are hidden. Try Ctrl+k to turn them back on, and it should work.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

neilyio

Re: Primatte Selection Bugs Abound

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Hey Bryan, thanks so much for the reply.

Ctrl-K has, in fact, tripped me up in about a thousand times for many Fusion tools. It's probably the #1 thing that trips up noobs like me, so it's a great suggestion.

I should have mentioned in my original post that it's on the laundry list of things that I've tried that seem to have no effect. Probably makes a bigger difference than crystals though.

I'll post again if I figure it out.

Return to Fusion