Resolve 16 keeps crashing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Scitz0

Resolve 16 keeps crashing

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi,

I really love working with Resolve and with version 16 it is even better. I do have a big annoying issue though. For some reason the summer vacation project I'm working on keeps crashing on me. Started when I did some text tracking using fusion but now it crash almost anywhere I work in the project. Though working in fusion do seem to trigger it more frequently than the cutting page. I can also mention that I did not create a fusion clip, just highlighted the clip I wanted to add text tracking on and went into the fusion tab.

I exported the logs, windows 10 info and made an export of the project.
Files available here:
https://mega.nz/#F!4hghVaKA!YH6XDCz05Vn2dwv8wHlgKQ

The things I have tried that haven't worked:
Updating Nvidia drivers to latest.
Resolve is already latest 16 beta.
Removing all cache/proxy files (removed cache dir on disk) and recreated optimized media. This did somewhat help but after a while it started crashing again.
Exported project and reimported it with a new name.

MrHDRYT

Re: Resolve 16 keeps crashing

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 pm

I heard the 16.1 beta is very buggy, try the full 16 release, although I'm not able to render anything. After a few minutes it shuts my PC down, I've tried everything and more, searches suggest I'm the only one with my issues, but never had an issue before. For more if interested, check out my posts "DaVinci Crashes PC early in rendering"

Scitz0

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 6:31 am

I was a bit unclear in my first post talking about running latest beta.
As seen in the logs posted I'm actually running v16.0.0.050 and if I'm correct this is the latest version of 16.0 non studio version?

Also in the files provided in first post as per instructions but for a quick overview of computer power I'm running Intel 6800K, 32GB ram, Nvidia 1060 6GB. OS drive is a 512GB SSD while cache files for resolve are stored on a 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe. Media files accessed over network but most media(x264) are made to proxy(optimized media, DNxHR LB) and cached on NMVe drive.

totalvamp

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 9:15 am

having issues as well, can't even open my project anymore as it crashes DR instantly.

hours of work gone down the drain.
System:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
64GB Trident Z 2933Mhz
RTX 3090

Scitz0

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 9:59 am

totalvamp wrote:having issues as well, can't even open my project anymore as it crashes DR instantly.

hours of work gone down the drain.

Sry to hear but I think its better if you open your own post and post logs as explained in FAQ. Might not be related to my issue.

MrHDRYT

PostTue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm

I think the latest is v16.0.0.060, I'm sure it auto updates in the background for very small updates. I hope you find a solution soon, I'm still struggling to figure my issues out. I feel the latest Nvidia drivers have something to do with it, they need to work together somehow.

Scitz0 wrote:I was a bit unclear in my first post talking about running latest beta.
As seen in the logs posted I'm actually running v16.0.0.050 and if I'm correct this is the latest version of 16.0 non studio version?

Also in the files provided in first post as per instructions but for a quick overview of computer power I'm running Intel 6800K, 32GB ram, Nvidia 1060 6GB. OS drive is a 512GB SSD while cache files for resolve are stored on a 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe. Media files accessed over network but most media(x264) are made to proxy(optimized media, DNxHR LB) and cached on NMVe drive.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 12:36 am

@Ola: you are using build 050 which is beta 7.

Please download and install the current release version of 16.0 which is build 060.

If that still has issues, please provide another Resolve log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Scitz0

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 9:02 am

Ok thanks for letting me know, I will try to update and see if that resolves the issue I have.

For information I ran the "check for update" function within resolve and it told me I had the latest version but I guess if you run beta it will only check for latest beta version available?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 5:46 pm

16 beta 6 and 7 had a bug in the update notifier.
Dwaine Maggart

Scitz0

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 pm

So I installed the final version of 16.0 earlier today and I was able to complete my project without any crash. Seems stable as far as I can tell, though with limited time spent.

We can set this thread as solved.

Trauma Mammal

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 8:23 am

Im having the same problems. R16 force closes within 1 minute or so of using it. Very basic single video timeline editing with a single .mo3 audio file. 8GB RAM, 3.3Ghz i7 processor, decent graphics card, 500GB SSD. Any ideas?

urbane

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 2:01 pm

I just downloaded and installed 16.1.1.005.

I opened, created new project, and dropped a clip. Poof, Davinci disappears. I have to go to task manager and end process before reopening. I have completed all of my projects on Davinci for the past 3 months with similar problems, but I still crash at least once during my project or rendering. I'm hoping someone can shed light as to what causes this. I haven't had a chance to render since the update, so I'm hoping that it didn't just fix one problem and replace it with another.

I'm running GForce 1660ti + 32gb ram

kman9876

PostSun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm

I am not sure if this issue is till happening for anyone else, but I would to share the workaround that I started doing that has resolved this issue for me 99% of the time. Once I launch Resolve, as it is loading, I go to the details tab in Windows Task Manager and I set the priority of the Resolve process to HIGH. Since I have started doing this, I do not have any issues with Resolve crashing while I am editing or rendering a video.

gavin_lucas

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Had many export crahses with 16.1
After reverting back to 16.0 everything is working fine again.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Did you try 16.1.1?
Dwaine Maggart

umakantm

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 4:04 pm

I have been struggling with DR since a month. Earlier it was crashing a couple of times a day, now it is crashing in every 5 minutes. Sometimes during drag and drop, sometimes during stabilization and definitely during rendering. My files are standard 720p and hence not much load. Does not use more than 10-20 % of graphic processor. I have tried all possibilities that people have suggested in different forums. Now life has become miserable. I want to abandon DR but I love the features. This is latest version 16.1.x. Can anybody suggest a solution. please please...

umakantm

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 10:37 am

kman9876 wrote:I am not sure if this issue is till happening for anyone else, but I would to share the workaround that I started doing that has resolved this issue for me 99% of the time. Once I launch Resolve, as it is loading, I go to the details tab in Windows Task Manager and I set the priority of the Resolve process to HIGH. Since I have started doing this, I do not have any issues with Resolve crashing while I am editing or rendering a video.

Thank you for sharing this idea. I tried this and actually it is working to some extent, though not fully. Is there a way to permanently change the priority? Otherwise I have to follow a long process to change the service priority.

solosails

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi,

I only just recently bought DR, and also very disappointed to find that I am suffering regular and random crashes.

There doesn't seem to be common theme to the process at the time that causes a crash (on Windows 10 with Nvidia studio driver), but I haven't been able to do a single editing session without at least one crash.

This does appear to be quite a serious issue.

MikeMeagher

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 am

This week I finally upgraded from 15.3 to 16.1.2. I had to upgrade because I started doing some basic Fusion work, and came across many black frames while rendering.

The upgrade to 16.1.2 fixed the Fusion Render black frames issues. However, there is now a new glitch. My resolve crashes often, simply playing video while in the Edit screen. Its a very simple timeline. One video. Audio is a .wav file.

My Nvidia driver is 432.00.

I am trying some of the suggestions here to see if theres any pattern.

I used an upgraded database, but a new timeline is being used, with H.264 Gopro media as the source. Which played with never a crash when I was on 15.3.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
Win10 64 pro I7 6core ASUS X99 64 GB RAM
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
3x 7200 HHDs in raid0 as video source storage
Two EVGA1080TI cards 422.19 Studio
Decklink MiniM 15.1 4K HDMI to BENQ WS271
Resolve 16.1 studio

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 am

Try NVIDIA driver 431.86 Studio.

If your computer has an onboard video port, and you have a display connected to it, move the display to one of the 1080 cards.
Dwaine Maggart

MikeMeagher

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 5:34 am

Thanks for the suggestion Dwane.
I have not changed the nvidia driver yet as suggested.
I did the suggestion by kman9876 and my crashing during playback has ceased.
I also temporarily disabled my reference decklink mini monitor. I shall re enable that and update the graphics driver tomorrow. Test
some more to discern a pattern.
My dual gui monitors have always been connected to one of the 1080ti cards.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
Resolve 16.1 studio

MikeMeagher

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm

I have installed the Nvidia driver 431.86, Studio, Std, and rebooted my PC.

I am still experiencing complete crashing of Resolve, the very first time that I "play" my simple timeline from the edit page. It crashes somewhere between 15 and 30 seconds into the timeline's playback.

I notice in Task Manager, after the crash, that the Resolve process is still loaded into memory.

My work around, for now, which seems to make it stable, is to do as described earlier: once Resolve is launched in Task Manager I set it its Priority to HIGH. I dont have any other significant apps running, antivirus is disabled, no screen capture software, nothing else, except a few minor apps run that are part of the startup.

Fyi, this particular troublesome crashing timeline is composed mostly of H.265 GoPro clips. There is also in there some Some H.246 GoPro. No optimized was media created. My system prior to the upgrade to 16.1.2. used to play such Gopro natively just fine. All clips in the timeline have had Render cache created. I have not yet tested to see if a timeline composed of all BRAW clips crashes like this timeline does, or not.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
Resolve 16.1 studio

AlexLTDLX

PostSat Jan 18, 2020 10:32 pm

I wish they'd stop wasting people's time with this 431.86 studio driver. It doesn't help in the situations we've encountered and obviously it didn't help you. 16.1.2 is just a mess.

woofy75

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 9:49 am

AlexLTDLX wrote:I wish they'd stop wasting people's time with this 431.86 studio driver. It doesn't help in the situations we've encountered and obviously it didn't help you. 16.1.2 is just a mess.

Same here, constant crashes, latest OS up to date. Version 16.1.2. Crashing every 15 mins.. Just got the editor to swap from Final Cut X which was rock solid. They are not impressed..

DannyT168

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 11:37 am

I'm having the same issue too. Going from NLE to other tabs and vice versa seems to cause the crash easily.

Most recent one is when I'm in the Color tab, added a serial node and add Light Rays FX to the node and change some of the settings cause it to crash.

I'm currently editing GoPro clips.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, CPU: i7-6700K, RAM 64GB, GPUU: GeForce GTX 1080 with driver version 441.87 (latest)

Ryan Scott

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Same issue here. I LOVE editing within Resolve, not having to round trip for a color session from other NLEs...

...HOWEVER...

BMD, please put in time and money to get this fix these bugs or theres no way professionals can use your product.

No matter what tab I'm working in, I can expect Resolve to crash every 5-10 minutes. It's unacceptable. This has happened on two different Apple computers, through multiple operating systems and versions of Resolve. PLEASE fix this. I want to love it, but it's becoming so hard to use or recommending using it to anyone.

I'm currently running V16.1.2 with an iMac and OS Catalina, but like I've said none of these specifics has made a difference.

MiklosBarnaLipkovski

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 am

It is already a couple of years since I have switched to Resolve Studio. I use it for editing, grading and lately also animation in Fusion. I love the program.
And now for the big BUT.
16.1.2 is extremely unstable. It is constantly crashing, absolutely unrelated to what I have been working on in the given time.
I find it absolutely unacceptable that on a support forum the answer to such issue, reported by many is: update, or downgrade your graphics driver. You people at Blackmagic support have to understand that your software is not the only one people use on their computer and an updated graphics driver is a must for some other programs.
I am a happy user of an URSA Mini Pro 4.6K and a BMPCC, love those cameras, love Resolve as well as I already said - what I find unacceptable is the attitude of the support personnel. Each time I have reported an issue, or rather seen the same issue I wanted to report already reported I had to see the "support" pointing fingers at others - software, hardware people. This has to stop. Fix the issues with the software and with your attitude.

blackmyper

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Same for me!!

I worked 6 months with resolve 15 free and it worked well...so...I purchased the STUDIO 16 and...it crashes every time, on every operation. It seems to me absurd. I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

Any other ideas on how to solve.

My graphic acrd is an nvidia geforce 1650 on a windows 10 pc.

I reinstalled the graphic drivers but nothing happened.

Myper

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 7:14 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart

Milan Michalik

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Same here. Resolve is THE ONLY ONE SOFTWARE that crashes 2 -3 times a day on my Mac. I use quite many other apps and they are very very stable. I started to use Resolve before BM bought it. It was a solid app for color grading. Now it became a tool for a business fight against competitors. Many users ask for stability and everything we get are always hundred new features with tons of new bugs.
I talked to the BM representative on IBC this year. He was like:"I don't think the software is so unstable like you describe it". He went very briefly through all the tabs on Resolve on the demo workstation. After 10 seconds Resolve crashed. I could only say "thank you for your presentation".
BigSur, X299, Intel i9 14core, 128GB RAM, AMD XT6900, BM mini monitor,
Resolve 18.6.5 Studio, Elements panel

nadiafontana

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 4:04 am

Hi every one same here so what is the walk around Im thinking to go back to 15? 14? maybe? So not to get all the BUGs...I cant go back to my NVIDIA 431.86 it wont recognize NEW MICROSOFT APP AS AN OLD ON ONE when new update removed it now it wont let me go back to an old app for NVIDIA app any way I d pay 19.99$ for Adobe a month but it worth not to have crashes I have a solid computer powerful and that s what I get resolve is not what they promise

molicki

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Has anyone on this thread found a workaround for the crashing issue? It seems most people with this problem are using geforce 10 series cards regardless of of mac/win or driver installed... Could that be the culprit?

i had a lot of instability on the free version thinking it was a unsupported panasonic h.264 codec issue but now after investing the money im dealing with the same problem. sometimes i go long stretches for like an hour or two and its all good then crash after crash and it can take hours just to get going again. ive tried the 431.86 vs latest driver, ive reinstalled my whole system from scratch etc and after all this investment im starting to get really sad.

is there any hope?

thanks

Patrick

my specs:
RESOLVE STUDIO 16.1.2
WIN 10 PR0 1909
GEFORCE 1060 442.19
Ryzen 1600x - 32G RAM
WD BLACK SSD NVME 500G (SYSTEM)
WD BLUE SSD SATA M.2 2T (FOOTAGE)
BARRACUDA SATA SSD 1T (CACHE)
DR STUDIO 16.2.3.015 - WIN 10 PRO 2004 - GEFORCE 2070 8GB "Studio" driver 445.87 - RYZEN 1600x - 32G RAM - SSD NVME 500G (SYSTEM) - SSD SATA M.2 2T (CACHE) - SSD SATA 1T (FOOTAGE) - RME Babyface Pro Soundcard - 750W PSU

KenSullivan

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am

I'm having a lot of crashes on Resolve 16.1.2 and I'm using AMD Ryzen 3900x CPU and Radeon VII card, so it is not just an Nvidia graphics problem. I will soon offer up links to my CaptureLogs and System info, in hope it can help.

The surest way for mine to crash is in rendering 4K. I'll start rendering and soon as it crashes, I'll reboot and WeTransfer the info.
Win 10., ASRock x370, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 4090.

KenSullivan

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 4:50 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

OK, here are my first crash report data. This time, Davinci Resolve did not crash, actually, but it made no progress in rendering beyond 55% for about an hour, so it crashed in every practical respect. I will now reboot, restart Resolve, and set up more rendering to capture more crash data.

Here is a Dropbox link to a folder with Capturelog, Systeminfo,and a short Readme text file. Please let me know if I should send you something different.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jfqgotcxpv3f ... NCVia?dl=0

Uli Plank

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 5:46 am

Which codec are you rendering into? In case it's H.264/265, try rendering into DNxHR and see what happens.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

KenSullivan

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 7:34 am

... and here are my second crash data:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdcgo8bz2107 ... y3Pva?dl=0

These first 2 have been H265 renders. I'll start some DNxHR renders next.

JoachimS

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 am

I also have problems with Resolve 16 crashing.
My system is an AMD 3900X with 64 GB of RAM and a Radeon VII on Windows 10. It runs stable (24h of Prime 95 and Furmark running in parallel) and I have absolutely no issues in other software than DR. All drivers are updated.

I also run DR 16 on an iMac Pro with a Vega 64 GPU and it is much more stable there, but there are also more crashes than I had in DR 15.

Crashes on the Windows machine primarily occur during Rendering and Optimized Media Generation of BRAW footage from a BMPCC6k which uses the GPU intensively. Optimized Media Generation of H.264 footage from a Sony does not crash, but does also not use the GPU.
Crashes during Rendering happen more often when I use noise reduction, film grain or other plugins/effects that are GPU-intensive.

So I narrow the problem down to tasks that are heavy on the graphics card.
I can post some crash logs but the forum currently tells me I can not post URLs...

Hope BM finds a fix to this issue, at the moment it is not really fun to work in DR on the Windows PC.

MiklosBarnaLipkovski

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Just so typical of BM support to make you run circles instead of suggesting a solution or working on the problem... Guess what geniuses I sent you like a million angry crash reports every time the program crashed. NO I will not roll back any drivers, create you any log files, do any of the work that YOU should be doing. We payed top dollar for your product it is your job to fix it, I am trying to do my job using your program but if you carry on like this I'll just go back to the competition.

KenSullivan

PostSun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 pm

And here are the logs for Crash #3, this time rendering the project as DNxHR.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i3gqwdqdch4n ... d5aKa?dl=0

KenSullivan

PostMon Feb 24, 2020 12:58 am

One last set of crash logs, and after this I'll stop until someone asks me for something. This one occurred after rendering the Vimeo preset - H.264 1080p - for a little over 2 hours rendering time, 40 minutes of screen time.

Generally, rendering 4K H.265 gets a crash quicker than any other setting.

Log files are at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e993nydtzvsx ... Xhd5a?dl=0

oPryzeLP

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 2:12 am

Brand new computer. Brand new installation of DR 16.

I haven't made it 3 minutes into the software without all my screens turning black and then DR crashing without any message. It's completely unusable. My old 2013 Windows 7 PC had less issues.....

Specs:
Ryzen 9 3900X
32Gb 3600Mhz RAM
RTX 2080
1Tb NVME
Windows 10

Can't get much simpler than a brand new computer on a first time install after downloading about an hour ago.

Davinci, fix you're stuff.

Michael_Andreas

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 pm

Maybe your brand new computer has the NVIDIA gaming driver? Try installing the latest NVIDIA "studio" driver instead.

molicki

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Uli Plank wrote:Which codec are you rendering into? In case it's H.264/265, try rendering into DNxHR and see what happens.

I think this is the main problem cuz now that I’ve started shooting in braw 8:1 with my bmpcc 4K I‘ve had absolutely zero issues meanwhile the entire doc I shot last year on my Panasonic G85/FZ1000 is constantly and randomly crashing.

Uli, I’ve been trying to do this transcode thing and I’m a little confused. Once I do the transcode does that mean I’m now using exclusively the DNxHR codec and the renders are based off of that footage? Or does DaVinci go back to the originals for the final delivery? If it’s using the DNxHR, which level is best to use?

Thanks for the advice!
DR STUDIO 16.2.3.015 - WIN 10 PRO 2004 - GEFORCE 2070 8GB "Studio" driver 445.87 - RYZEN 1600x - 32G RAM - SSD NVME 500G (SYSTEM) - SSD SATA M.2 2T (CACHE) - SSD SATA 1T (FOOTAGE) - RME Babyface Pro Soundcard - 750W PSU

bobosola

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 pm

My experiences of DR Studio 16.x crashes goes like this:
  • BRAW (BMPCC4K): never (or hardly ever) crashes - I can use Resolve for several hours
  • H264: often crashes randomly during render but can crash just moving around in the timeline doing nothing much at all
  • H265: crashed every few minutes (no longer using H265 so cannot provide recent logs)
I'm also getting fed up with doing the Nvidia driver dance (I'm currently on 441.66 Studio after some crashes on 442.12 Studio).

I'm happy to provide DR log files if requested but suggesting the we put Windows system .nfo files on a public file share site is asking for trouble. These files contain a ton of private data (e.g. user names, all the applications installed, the IP address on the internal network, the MAC address of the network card which uniquely identifies the machine, etc.). I think if BM want us to provide log and system reports then it's about time that they put up a dedicated support upload page on their website where we can upload such files in relative safety without the hassle/risk of using public file sharing services.

molicki

PostThu Mar 05, 2020 7:32 pm

[quote="bobosola"]My experiences of DR Studio 16.x crashes goes like this:
  • BRAW (BMPCC4K): never (or hardly ever) crashes - I can use Resolve for several hours
  • H264: often crashes randomly during render but can crash just moving around in the timeline doing nothing much at all
  • H265: crashed every few minutes (no longer using H265 so cannot provide recent logs)
I'm also getting fed up with doing the Nvidia driver dance (I'm currently on 441.66 Studio after some crashes on 442.12 Studio).

Bobosola thanks for posting cuz I’m in the same boat and starting to believe that H.264 and various codecs other than braw are simply not supported nor is it a priority for BlackMagic since they make their money off of the gear. I’ve transcoded my 500g of h.264 doc footage into 1.8T of DNxHD and so far quite stable. At least the mystery of what’s causing the problem has been revealed. Good luck with your workflow

JoachimS

PostFri Mar 06, 2020 8:49 pm

I ran some more tests and I can confirm that H.264 and H.265 seem to be the issue.
There are no crashes when I render a BRAW timeline with Noise Reduction and other effects to DNXHD, but as soon as I add H.264 footage to the timeline or render to H.264, I get frequent crashes.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 2:00 am

Have you tried 16.2?
Dwaine Maggart

JoachimS

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 8:21 am

Hello Dwaine, I actually waited until 16.2 was released to run these tests.
At least on my system there is no difference to the previous version.

JoachimS

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Update: I spent a few hours today to do a clean install and used the AMD Enterprise driver.
With this configuration the system is much more stable. Will do further tests and report here.

molicki

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi Dwaine, no difference in behaviour between 16.1 and 16.2. I had new issues on the fairlight page and had to disable my vst plugins. Seems to be more stable now but the random frequency of crashing is the same.
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve