Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timeline

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

mr_Fonzie

Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timeline

PostThu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi everybody, I'm New to Davinci, I think that is an amazing program, I'm using the free version now.

Anyway, I'm realizing some projects and I'm using a lot fusion for creating things, every time I should start a new thing with Fusion, I import in the timeline a solid Black Color, then with right button, I transform it in a New Compound Composition or in a Fusion Clip and from now I switch to the fusion view and I start to add nodes for creating what I want.
Now the problem is that, if I try to bring that clip to another timeline or i try to import the same clip (fusion or compound) from the media Pool in the same timeline, these imported clips results empty.

Now the real question is: How can I bring what I create with Fusion in a Clip to another Timeline? Am I using Fusion not in the correct way?

Thanks at everybody for the answers.

Saad Shah

Re: Import Fusion and Compund compositions in others timelin

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 4:32 pm

An easy way to use a Fusion composition in different projects and timelines is to copy and paste the nodes. Nodes in the Fusion flow can be copied and pasted into a simple text file. You can save the text file; you can make Fusion templates and Fusion macros as well.
Say you made a lower third animation in Fusion, and now you want to use that Fusion clip in other projects in DaVinci Resolve Edit page. Just create a new Fusion clip in your second project, go to Fusion and paste in the text code.

This tutotrial might be helpful to you.

Regards
Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

mr_Fonzie

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 3:51 pm

[quote=" This tutotrial might be helpful to you.
Sadi[/quote]

Thanks!

Thompsonrh

PostMon Feb 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Sadi, sorry ignore the question below, Media IN & Out are in the menu.

thanks for the very helpful video. But I have a dumb question, when you've pasted a creation into Fusion how do I link it back into the timeline, the Media IN and Media Out Nodes are not available in the menu, not available in the code and having not created a Compound Clip (because I'm just pasting the Fusion code into Fusion), then all I get I a blank black clip in timeline.
Commercial photographer/videographer,
BM, Nikon, DJI user
Drone operator (advanced pilot certificate, Canada)
iMac retina 5k, 4.2GHz intel core i7, Radeon Pro 580, 24 GB memory.
Internal storage 3TB Fusion. Video storage LaCie 2T SSD

Return to Fusion