Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

polygons shape not recording

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jason man

polygons shape not recording

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am

hi there I am trying to track something in Fusion on my actor but the changes i make to the polygon does not record the exact shape when i go back and check, i have made keyframes but it doesnt keep the shape?

Sander de Regt

Re: polygons shape not recording

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 8:35 am

Does the shape change but not the way you expect it to?
Without a little more info about your setup it's difficult to figure out what the cause of this is.
Can you please elaborate a little?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Jason man

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 10:55 pm

Yes I will draw the polygon on a few frames, each frame being slightly different in shape the centre positioning remains on track and that is the perimeter that I always have with the red dot beside it when I am creating the polygon in each frame. When I come back to the shapes I just drew they are slightly different than what I drew but not all of them it’s random, the centre position is good and on track. Some frames of the polygon may have a few less points or more, was wondering if this makes a difference. I saw a video on line someone said to fix fusion go to top left under DaVinci click it for preferences then go to configuration then check the box next to ALWAYS RUN FUSION ON CPU, which I cannot find it’s just not there, this guy also said you may need a Quadrocard? What ever that is but costs something like 1000$, any suggestions would be much appreciated I felt like I was finally getting somewhere with fusion, oh also Resolve quites on me these days every now and then it never used to, I have a Mac that is about 6 years old thank you

BrandonNyte

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 4:16 pm

I am having a similar issue, only they aren't recording anything remotely close to the original image I've drawn. I've been at it for weeks trying to figure out why they won't record.
Brandon Nyte
Production Team
Sommoners Tale
Nyte Productions, LLC

Return to Fusion