Premiere — Resolve BRAW XML export issue

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Jon Hustead

Premiere — Resolve BRAW XML export issue

PostFri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Just tried to bring a project from Premiere 2020 to Resolve using XML. This is with the immediately previous plugin, not 1.7, so apologies if this is something known that’s been fixed.

For some reason, Premiere is linking to to the wrong files in the XML export and in the project itself if I look at properties. The clip will be something like “A047123” in folder “Forest”, but in Premiere properties it’ll be linked to “B01234” in folder “Education.” In premiere it’ll playback the correct file fine, but on import to resolve it brings up the wrong file. I’ve gone in and offline and relinked to the correct file in premiere so properties shows the right location, but on import to resolve it’ll still link the wrong card in a totally different folder.

The project has many cards in a media folder, split up by day then by card. I’ve also generated proxies in Premiere in a different folder. Every file has a unique name so even if they were all in the same folder it should be fine. It doesn’t seem to make a difference if I add the media to resolve ahead of time or let it try importing.

It’s very weird.
http://jonhustead.com

Jon Hustead

Re: Premiere — Resolve BRAW XML export issue

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Realizing that I perhaps should have posted this in the Resolve sub forum. Can a mod move my thread or should I just start a new one?
http://jonhustead.com

antoine

Re: Premiere — Resolve BRAW XML export issue

PostThu Mar 26, 2020 8:10 am

Could you try to create one simple Premiere Pro project with one .braw and try to export this XML ? Then try more complicated Premiere Pro project until it becomes broken
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production