Cfast card not mounting Windows 10 Lexar 3500x prograde c fa

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

NolanCameron

Cfast card not mounting Windows 10 Lexar 3500x prograde c fa

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am

I have a card that will not mount on my windows PC, HP workstation z640. Lexar 3500x 256gb card, Ursa mini 4.6k. Prograde reader. Sorry dont know what firmware the camera was. I plug the reader in it makes the noise that a drive has been connected. Nothing shows up under my PC as far as drives go. The card mounted for a brief moment, as I tried to offload them, card disconnects. This card has done this before and I was able to offload the footage. It took a combination of different cables, computers, readers and slots to work. Due to the current state the world is in, these options are not available to try right now. If anyone knows of a solution please respond. thank you

bobosola

Re: Cfast card not mounting Windows 10 Lexar 3500x prograde

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am

Have you tried plugging your reader into a rear USB port? The motherboard-mounted rear ports are often faster than the front USB3 ports. Also, if you have both USB2 & USB3 ports, then try USB 2 (black colour as opposed to blue). I have often found that the slower USB2 ports will work when USB3 won't (e.g. for getting photos off iPhones). Worth a try.

cpearless

Re: Cfast card not mounting Windows 10 Lexar 3500x prograde

PostSun Apr 12, 2020 10:12 pm

Is your Prograde reader the one that uses USB-C? When using USB-C to USB-A cables it's really important to make sure it's actually a USB3 cable, as USB2 cables are available (just to make matters nice and confusing). If it's a USB2 cable, it's possible that though even if it's backwards compatible with USB2, it could draw more power than USB2 allows, which could explain why it disconnects when you attempt to copy files. Without knowing the exact model of reader though, I can't really say. It is entirely possible that it's not backwards compatible with USB2 at all.

From what I can remember about the Z640, all of the front ports are USB3.0, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Using something like USB Device Tree Viewer (https://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtreeview_e.html) you will be able to see what speed the device is actually running at.

Return to Getting Started