Video Assist 5" 6G

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Eric-Jan

Video Assist 5" 6G

PostSun Mar 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Just got my BMD Video Assist 5" 6G, should i look for updates and manuals use the ones that are for the 12G ?
because i can't see any other ones for the moment....
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

rick.lang

Re: Video Assist 5" 6G

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 am

I think the latest firmware release is 6.03 for the BMVA12G7 but I’m not sure for the 5” version. Best to scroll through BMD support updates for a bit.
Rick Lang

Eric-Jan

Re: Video Assist 5

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 9:12 pm

rick.lang wrote:I think the latest firmware release is 6.03 for the BMVA12G7 but I’m not sure for the 5” version. Best to scroll through BMD support updates for a bit.

That's not my model you mention, mine's HYPERD/AVIDAS5HD, that's exactly why i posted this,
but i did some reading in the Video Assist manual, the manual is written for all models, and any updating of software, is while the device is connected to the USB interface, so my guess is, it's all about "detection" of the soft & hardware.
The/my device is mentioned as Video Assist (5" 6G) in general, the 2K/4K 12G, HDR models get special mentions, if features are only for these models, is my understanding now.
I did not yet have my model connected via it's mini-USB connection, i hope all is managed through detection, which i think is most likely.

edit update> I just connected my Video Assist, only Language and LUT uploading is what i can manage, the monitor itself says it has 2.5.1 firmware, the software i run on my MBP says 2.5.3(SD card from package) and i don't get an option to update anywhere.
I now have (downloaded) Video Assist 3.1, i do notice i can upload other languages to the device, and can select them on the device.
on the device it still says: SETUP > SOFTWARE > Video Assist 2.5.1
The manual says if no pop-up appears the firmware has no new updates, so i guess the Video Assist is bug free, and no new features since the 2.5.1 update.
I guess all is good this way.

Thank you for your response,
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

rick.lang

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Sorry about that. Bit of a brain f**t as I was thinking of the BMVA12G5 even though you were posting about the 6G.
Rick Lang

Eric-Jan

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 1:11 am

Thank you, i have to try things out more, i guess, and do some more reading, my choice went out for the budget model of Video Assist, and it does have all i need.

Howard Roll

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm

2.5.1 was the end of the road for the 5”. It wasn’t supported very well but man look at all the mounting holes, hang that sucker anywhere.

Good Luck

Eric-Jan

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Howard Roll wrote:2.5.1 was the end of the road for the 5”. It wasn’t supported very well but man look at all the mounting holes, hang that sucker anywhere.

Good Luck

Yeah, and i also see no PCB's through those mounting holes,. so i guess they started to upgrade from a certain batch/revision of that Video Assist model

Return to Post Production