Paste Hex Value?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

oliwend

Paste Hex Value?

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 am

Maybe I'm missing something...It seems not possible to copy-paste a number into the hex color field. Eg. I copy the value from Photoshop's color panel and want to use the same hex # instead of typing RGB values or typing the hex # in DR. I can type in the field but not paste.
Not a feature or my bad?
Oli
MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021, 16'), MacOS 14.4.1, 64 GB RAM, Resolve Studio 18.6.6/19.0B20

Thomas Milde

Re: Paste Hex Value?

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi,
just made a quick test. DR needs the "#" sign. When you copy out of PS you only get the numbers without the #, and if you clear the field in DR, you probably cleared the #, too.
When you just doubleclick the numbers in the "HTML" color entry, the # doesn't get selcted and you can paste.
Of course I am on a Win system, maybe it is different on Mac.
Tech:
Win 10 pro, Ryzen 9 5900X, 128 GB, M.2 for media
RTX 3080 ti, Intensity Pro, DVR Studio + Fusion 18.x, Desktop Video 12.x

oliwend

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi Thomas,
thanks for the tip but on Mac its different. I just realised that it's just cmd + v doesn't work, right click in the field > paste works! I consider this a (small) bug. At least now I know the workaround.
Oli
MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021, 16'), MacOS 14.4.1, 64 GB RAM, Resolve Studio 18.6.6/19.0B20

iddos-l

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 pm

oliwend wrote:Hi Thomas,
thanks for the tip but on Mac its different. I just realised that it's just cmd + v doesn't work, right click in the field > paste works! I consider this a (small) bug. At least now I know the workaround.
Oli

Good to know
It’s sounds like the problem when trying to copy paste in the offset time of the offline ref. Same here, only right click pate will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve