Davinci resolve 16: Stuck on loading fairlight page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

willapp

Re: Davinci resolve 16: Stuck on loading fairlight page

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Just to chip in again here. I tried disabling my other sound device (HDMI output) and it didn't fix the issue.

I too have exactly the same experience as Marcus - always Resolve freezes on "Loading Fairlight Page" and I have tried letting it sit for a long time (10 minutes plus) but nothing happens. As soon as you click on the splash screen, it greys out and Windows shows the Not Responding dialog.

I suspect I also have Hyper-V enabled (I use Docker as a developer and I think it's a pre-requisite), but if this is indeed a fix then at least I could get it working again. I will test it ASAP and report back.

It would be nice to understand why this would cause a problem though and if your team can fix it in a future version.

willapp

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Well, I guess I could have made this one post instead of two.

Just tried disabling Hyper-V and... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! :D

As inconvenient as it is, I'm relieved to have a usable workaround so I can get back to editing my videos.

What is strange is that I've had Docker installed for a couple of months, and Resolve was certainly working with Hyper-V for a period of time. Whether a Windows or Nvidia driver update after enabling Hyper-V has done the damage, I don't know, but I am keen to understand why this incompatibility seems to exist.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Hyper-V seems to be a thing, all of a sudden. You have Hyper-V enabled. If you disable that, does that affect the Resolve issue?

I've enabled Hyper-V on one of my systems, and it has not affected Resolve.

However, I'm wondering for people that have Hyper-V enabled, are you using it for something when the Resolve issue occurs?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

G0bble

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 pm

FWIW DVR 15 stopped working more than 6 months back when I upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro. I wasn't using the feature just that it got installed with Pro by default. I gave up on DVR and started searching for other DVEs until I suddenly found some posts about Hyper-V being the issue while I was checking out the news about v16 launch, so I removed the feature and Voila! Finally I had a gut feeling and confidence that this would now be predictable and stable, and so I finally ended up purchasing Studio.

This thing is complex beast - many unrelated things seem to affect its behavior.

Cheers
G
DVR Studio
Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia RTX 3080FE,32GB RAM, SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD Boot, 512GB WD Blue nvme scratch

MarcusJB

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:However, I'm wondering for people that have Hyper-V enabled, are you using it for something when the Resolve issue occurs?

I for my part don't use it at the same time, no... never. I want to use the complete power of my system for editing of course and having a software development machine on Ubuntu running in the background doesn't sound very helpful to me. :lol:
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
Resolve Studio 17.2.2 Build 4
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 pm

@Marcus: My Hyper-V message above was aimed at you. Sorry I forgot to tag you.

If you turn that off, does Resolve work?

Edit: Nevermind. I see that you did. This thread is getting way too long.
Dwaine Maggart

willapp

PostThu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 am

@Dwaine, yes, disabling Hyper-V seems to be a reliable fix.

As you say though, it is possible for Resolve to work *with* Hyper-V enabled - I had it running like this for several weeks. I am wondering if one of the Windows updates (either 1903 or 1909) contained some changes that, for Hyper-V-enabled systems, stopped Resolve working. It could explain why my system only had the issue after applying the update.

I'm happy leaving Hyper-V disabled for now, as I'm currently not using it for work (I was using it for Docker, which requires it). It's not that painful to re-enable as needed either.

SyrMark

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 4:55 am

(Sorry, reposting this with my real name, just checked the forum rules):

Hi Dwaine, I am having the same issues of being stuck 'Loading _______ Page'. Tried reinstalling Resolve 16.2, updated Desktop Video Setup, did a clean reinstall of NVidia drivers but to no avail.

Please find my log files here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FF2vL ... xijyUYOgF6

Is there any possible fix you can recommend?

MarcusJB

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Marcus: My Hyper-V message above was aimed at you. Sorry I forgot to tag you.

If you turn that off, does Resolve work?

Edit: Nevermind. I see that you did. This thread is getting way too long.

Hehe yes, so true. :)

So just to confirm that another time after testing it with Hyper-V disabled for a few days: it works now perfectly reliable. I can run several CPU and memory consuming apps before starting Resolve and it still starts without problems. That was unthinkable before! :)

But just like Will I also think, that it has to do with Windows updates during the ~6 months. I always had activated Hyper-V and for over a year I could work with it with no problems ever. Don't know when exactly was the day when I had the first problems.
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

alexsir

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Same problem with "Loading fairlight page" in 16.2.
I’ve been trying to solve this problem for 2 months by reinstalling various versions of the program, but it doesn't help. The same result over and over again.
Lastest AMD driver whith clean installation.

Sysinfo&Log.zip
System info and Log
(240.62 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Remove any USB and Bluetooth peripherals, aside from a wired USB keyboard and mouse. Does Resolve load now?
Dwaine Maggart

batyrenko

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 2:40 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Andrii: Why do you think Hyper-V is involved? Can you disable it, as a test, to verify?

Just uninstalled Hyper-V on my Laptop. No other changes in configuration.
It is successfully running now. So Hyper-V is causing the issue.

Is there any way to have them both? I need Hyper-V for my work. Thanks!

alexsir

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 4:34 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Remove any USB and Bluetooth peripherals, aside from a wired USB keyboard and mouse. Does Resolve load now?

No, it's not.

alexsir

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 2:27 pm

batyrenko wrote:
Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Andrii: Why do you think Hyper-V is involved? Can you disable it, as a test, to verify?

Just uninstalled Hyper-V on my Laptop. No other changes in configuration.
It is successfully running now. So Hyper-V is causing the issue.

Is there any way to have them both? I need Hyper-V for my work. Thanks!

Oh, thank you very much. Now Resolve works ok.
This, of course, is not a solution to the issue, but a workaround. At least the program now works.

G0bble

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Maybe the development team should spend some time debugging why hyper-v gets in the way randomly and unpredictable...?

G
DVR Studio
Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia RTX 3080FE,32GB RAM, SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD Boot, 512GB WD Blue nvme scratch

Iconoclasm

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 11:46 am

Same problem here.

Tried disabling hyper-v, installing the nvidia studio driver instead of the gaming driver, disabling windows firewall and windows defender antivir.

I also get a lot of:
kubernetes.docker.internal:49250 -> kubernetes.docker.internal:1144
with the from port counting up in proc mon

https://superuser.com/questions/1540285 ... light-page
suggested to reset the windows default dynamic port range.

Or at:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=80763#p448407

sys info and logs at:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-klndXmjA_jIRArYg ... Q?e=qNoWXH
Last edited by Iconoclasm on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlbanyDave

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 5:23 pm

This fixed it for me but will it last? Do I always have to be connected to my VPN?

History:
> New, clean, successful install of Resolve Studio 16.2.0.055 five days ago
> Nothing installed since then
> Ran it about a half dozen times since install with no issues
> Ran it today after a reboot and got the Stuck on Loading Fairlight issue
> Disabled Intel Content Protection HDCP Service and Intel HECI Service with no luck
> Restarted the Intel services
> Fired up and connected to my office VPN (probably was connected when it was installed)
> Resolve now working fine.

Is this some kind of protection scheme issue and that's why it's not been addressed for so long?

Windows 10 Pro, i-9-9900, 32G, SSDs, onbooad Intel UHD Graphics 630
No Hyper-V running

Iconoclasm

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 10:42 pm

netsh int ipv4 set dynamicportrange protocol=tcp startport=49152 numberofports=16384

fixed it for me

Fuscript.exe tried to connect through tcp port 1144 and somehow my windows 10 had its port range mixed up. So resetting the port range fixed it.

batyrenko

PostWed Apr 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Iconoclasm wrote:netsh int ipv4 set dynamicportrange protocol=tcp startport=49152 numberofports=16384

fixed it for me

Fuscript.exe tried to connect through tcp port 1144 and somehow my windows 10 had its port range mixed up. So resetting the port range fixed it.

FYI:
to check current port range, in case if you need to roll back the change:
Code: Select all
netsh int ipv4 show dynamicport tcp

Jack Stall

PostTue May 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:However, I'm wondering for people that have Hyper-V enabled, are you using it for something when the Resolve issue occurs?

Hi @Dwaine,

I just had the very same bug. I am on latest DR 16.2.1 Studio. Specs:

Win 10 Pro latest
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
32 Gigs Ram
1050 Titan

All of a sudden DR was hanging on fairligt page. When I disabled hyper-v it started working as expected. THIS IS NOT GOOD!

Now to your question - basically I am more of a web developer than filmmaker (although it used to be the other way). Without hyper-v I can't use docker which is a huge issue.

So right now its basically - either you can do a web development OR you can use Davinci Resolve.

This could really use some repairing...
Last edited by Jack Stall on Wed May 13, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarcusJB

PostTue May 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Jack Stall wrote:So right now its basically - either you can do a web development OR you can use Davinci Resolve.[/b]

This could really use some repairing...

I can only support Jack. Here it is either edit movies or using VMs in Virtual Box. I always have to switch between those applications by toggeling Hyper-V on and off.
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

Xairoo

PostSun May 24, 2020 5:38 pm

I have no problems with Hyper-V (it's enabled). I use Docker (some React projects), but that's not a problem.

Resolve stops starting after a (long) uptime... Typically I don't restart/shutdown my machine, sleep works fine.

No idea what happened and why it stops starting after multiple sleeps/wakes.
Perhaps something with the system time. After a restart I can start it without any problems.

There was a problem with Docker a few month ago related to the time and Hyper-V: https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/5593
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-_141241,51.zip
(99.76 KiB) Downloaded 314 times

FriendlyTickles

PostThu Jun 11, 2020 5:45 am

*** SOLVED ***

Hi guys, I experienced this on my newly setup system. I am a Mac user, but recently got a nicer graphics card on my Windows machine, so I decided to setup DR16. Did a fresh install and got this error.

I was accessing windows from the official Microsoft Remote app (for mac). So I decided to hook it up to a monitor and access it directly, just in case.

I did everything suggested here, but nothing worked. I then decided to reboot my computer, and when I opened up resolve again, I was asked to add a new exception to the firewall. The culprit was:

FusionScript services for Fusion

Located at:

C:\program files\blackmagic design\davinci resolve\fuscript.exe

The issue was that I never got this popup when first loading the app, so the FW exception was never added and it would hang.

My suggestion is to make sure there are 2 entries in your FW settings, one for UDP and one for TCP. With "Any" as an option for all privileges/users.

Cheers

Jerry Suppan

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 1:36 am

I posted the following at Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve User Group on Facebook and reposting here per Dwaine's recommendation to include a link for:

1. Resolve log
2. WinSys Info file (.nfo)

I have a problem for which I hope there is a simple solution. After installing the latest release 16.2.3 and launching DR, the process stops at 'Loading Fairlight page' and hangs. I did not have this issue with 16.2.2 but do have it now with 16.2.3. The DR install process first checks the installed OS and graphics for compatibility before commencing the installation. Both received an OK checkmark and then the installation continued OK. OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 20150

BTW, I just tried to save a log file to the desktop per Peter Chamberlaiin's lengthy message:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:17 pm
Support and Troubleshooting FAQ

Windows:
Go to C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/ and run CaptureLogs.bat application

CaptureLogs.bat app runs but generates NO resulting zip file to include for analysis.
Here is the share link to the Windows 10 System Information file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cM1tbS ... sp=sharing

Thanks.
Jerry
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 am

Your link is restricted. Please make it accessible.

Here's the quick and easy on logs and NFO:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart

MaxMann

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 3:08 pm

Jerry Suppan wrote:I posted the following at Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve User Group on Facebook and reposting here per Dwaine's recommendation to include a link for:

1. Resolve log

I have a problem for which I hope there is a simple solution. After installing the latest release 16.2.3 and launching DR, the process stops at 'Loading Fairlight page' and hangs. I did not have this issue with 16.2.2 but do have it now with 16.2.3. The DR install process first checks the installed OS and graphics for compatibility before commencing the installation. Both received an OK checkmark and then the installation continued OK. OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 20150

BTW, I just tried to save a log file to the desktop per Peter Chamberlaiin's lengthy message:

Windows:
Go to C:/Program Files/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/ and run CaptureLogs.bat application

CaptureLogs.bat app runs but generates NO resulting zip file to include for analysis.

Thanks.
Jerry

Jerry I have the exact same problem Also on 20150.rs-prerelease.
Never had any issues with Resolve. Also had 16.2.3 installed and running.
Then came build 20150 and.......
I will be posting my files soon.
Cheers
Max

MaxMann

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Here are the files from my system.....

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziDCYjtg ... G?e=CyDg2s

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziC_qKsi ... 4?e=b0FIs6

Jerry Suppan wrote:I posted the following at Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve User Group on Facebook and reposting here per Dwaine's recommendation to include a link for:

1. Resolve log

Windows:

Thanks.
Jerry
Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your link is restricted. Please make it accessible.

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

diaghilev

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 4:38 pm

I've experienced this issue intermittently, but not in 2020, until this past week.

No system changes prior to return of this issue. No new drives, apps, settings changes.

I did all the things:
Disabled game sound settings, turned off Hyper-V (bios, Win10), deleted and/or renamed various Users/ files, ran Powershell scripts, changed ports, added Firewall, turned OFF Firewall, reinstalled Resolve, clean-reinstalled multiple older Studio GeForce drivers, disconnected everything, re-activated Resolve, etc.

I created a folder with the logs and the System Info (I did not understand your instructions for generating a System Info export, so I took a screenshot, pls. let me know if anything else is needed.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you.

diaghilev

PostSun Jun 21, 2020 9:26 pm

*I submitted a reply in this thread with logs, explanations of what's occurring and what we've done to address it - I can re-write it and re-submit the reply, unless my reply were still being reviewed (before appearing here). Please advise. Thank you.

Jerry Suppan

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 5:32 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your link is restricted. Please make it accessible.

and run CaptureLogs

Hi Dwaine:

The link should no longer have any restrictions.
Press the download icon in the upper right corner to execute the download.
The file name for the SysInfo is:
SysInfo-2020-0621-Jerry-Suppan.rar
I tested the link and simulated a download, and it worked.

As for your comment regard CaptureLogs.bat, if you reference my first message, mentioned there tha the batch executes but NO resulting zip file gets place to my desktop. I tried this repeatedly already. Why a resulting " DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip " does not save to my desktop I have not a clue.  Here is a screen capture of that failure to write.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hstCGWgQ39aF3XcP7

Next step?
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 5:41 pm

@Jerry: It appears OneDrive is causing the failure of CaptureLogs.

Unzip the attached file and place it here:

And run it.

Hopefully that produces a log file you can link to.
Attachments
CaptureLogsOneDrive.zip
(903 Bytes) Downloaded 224 times
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 5:55 pm

@Max: Your issue looks similar to this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=116207

4th message up from the bottom of the thread was his solution.

Please try that and let us know what happens. Also send a new log and NFO if it doesn't help.

BTW: Was this issue coincident with the installation of the Windows Insider Preview version of Windows?
Dwaine Maggart

Jerry Suppan

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Jerry: It appears OneDrive is causing the failure of CaptureLogs.

Unzip the attached file and place it here:

And run it.

Hopefully that produces a log file you can link to.

Hi Dwaine:

Yes, this time the modified Capture batch file worked. Here is the shared link to the generated Davinici log and my Windows 10 SysInfo files.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

@Jerry: The only logs are crash logs for 16.2.3. There is no indication that a previous version was installed and working. But you said 16.2.2 was previously working? Have you done a clean install attempt? Otherwise, I'm not sure why there would not be good 16.2.2 logs.

It's always good to have the previous good logs to compare against. But I guess that won't be an option here.

If you uninstall 16.2.3 in Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features, and reinstall 16.2.2, if that's what was previously working, does it still work?
Dwaine Maggart

MaxMann

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 2:29 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Max: Your issue looks similar to this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=116207

4th message up from the bottom of the thread was his solution.

Please try that and let us know what happens. Also send a new log and NFO if it doesn't help.

BTW: Was this issue coincident with the installation of the Windows Insider Preview version of Windows?

I tried what I could.
I have Intel HD 530 and the latest drivers would not install since they are not for "Skylake" I installed the driver recommended by Dell. Clean install. That did not help. I also installed the GTX 960M recommended by Dell. Clean install. Did not help. Davinci runs by default on Nvidia GTX 960M no matter what I select.
Yes, to the best of my knowledge the problem started when I installed the insider preview.
Links to the files are attached

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziDJmMD1 ... h?e=cWeLYO
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziDGlli_ ... D?e=U4XfsP

Cheers
Max

Jerry Suppan

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 2:38 am

Hi Dwaine,

Thanks for your advice. I will try your suggestions of doing a complete uninstall and re-install of 16.2.2. I will get back to you with the results.

Incidently, I use IObits uninstaller to perform a complete and thorough uninstall to include registry entries as well. That may have had something to do with a previous version not showing in the logs.
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 4:34 pm

@Max: You've now installed an NVIDIA driver so old, that Resolve does not even see the GPU.

Put the current NVIDIA driver for the GTX960M back in.

You went to this Intel site, and that process could not find a better 530 driver?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... phics.html
Dwaine Maggart

MaxMann

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Max: You've now installed an NVIDIA driver so old, that Resolve does not even see the GPU.

Put the current NVIDIA driver for the GTX960M back in.

You went to this Intel site, and that process could not find a better 530 driver?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... phics.html

@Dwaine
I put the latest driver for GTX960M back.
Yes I went to that website and it could not find a better driver claiming I have a DELL OEM driver Installed and I should contact DELL. I downloaded the latest Intel driver anyway and tried to install it. It quit saying this machine does not support that driver! But thanks to you I did some "driver gymnastics" and got the latest Intel 530 driver loaded and working.......
However as far as DaVinci is concerned, still No Joy!!
Do appreciate your patience and your kindness.
Attaching latest files below.
Cheers
Max

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziDOH_MH ... y?e=Olmwwk
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuAD-FGe4VsziDSAaDx ... m?e=iKiL0v

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 3:42 am

Pretty much out of ideas then.

Strongly suspicious that it's an issue with the Insider Build you are running.
Dwaine Maggart

phoeniximagery

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 am

Hi Dwaine,

I think we've spoken in the past regarding GPU issues, however, I now have this same issue and it is not the dynamic ports issue as the behavior is different. fscript.exe launches a number of instances and connects to local host, then after several seconds, each pair of instances closes.

But there's no longer any attempts to connect to anything.

I have no software firewall.

Your above comments regarding OpenCL are a dead end as well. Resolve worked fine with the previous version I had in 20H1 v2.2.5.0. In my case, I'm running Windows 10 version 2004, build 20150.1000 as above which ships with OpenCL v2.2.8.0. So what you're saying about OpenCL doesn't add up exactly. But I digress.

So I'm with you in thinking there's something screwy with this latest update. But I haven't ascertained what it is just yet but I'm working on it. I will say though that resolve.exe DOES go into not-responding and the wait state indicates that it's awaiting a network I/O to complete. JUST like the issues caused by the dynamic ports issue. And AFTER all the fscript.exe instances close, there is no longer any process listening on tcp-udp/1144.

I can say with confidence that this is not a Hyper-V issue, a docker issue, it's not a GPU driver issue, it's not a sticky mouse button, or mice chewing on my power supply wires. It's an incompatibility with either DPDecoder.exe, Resolve.exe, fscript.exe or one of their external required libraries that has a dependency on an OS library for which an exception handler was not written into the resolve source code as it must have been assumed that whatever method or function it's looking for in that OS library would always be there for all time.

I'll continue testing and collecting data and I'll report back and see if we can't get to the bottom of this jabberwocky.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.
-Joe Hancuff

MaxMann

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 1:15 pm

phoeniximagery wrote:Hi Dwaine,

I think we've spoken in the past regarding GPU issues, however, I now have this same issue and it is not the dynamic ports issue as the behavior is different. fscript.exe launches a number of instances and connects to local host, then after several seconds, each pair of instances closes.

Your above comments regarding OpenCL are a dead end as well. Resolve worked fine with the previous version I had in 20H1 v2.2.5.0. In my case, I'm running Windows 10 version 2004, build 20150.1000 as above which ships with OpenCL v2.2.8.0. So what you're saying about OpenCL doesn't add up exactly. But I digress.

So I'm with you in thinking there's something screwy with this latest update. But I haven't ascertained what it is just yet but I'm working on it. I will say though that resolve.exe DOES go into not-responding and the wait state indicates that it's awaiting a network I/O to complete. JUST like the issues caused by the dynamic ports issue. And AFTER all the fscript.exe instances close, there is no longer any process listening on tcp-udp/1144.

I can say with confidence that this is not a Hyper-V issue, a docker issue, it's not a GPU driver issue, it's not a sticky mouse button, or mice chewing on my power supply wires. It's an incompatibility with either DPDecoder.exe, Resolve.exe, fscript.exe or one of their external required libraries that has a dependency on an OS library for which an exception handler was not written into the resolve source code as it must have been assumed that whatever method or function it's looking for in that OS library would always be there for all time.

I'll continue testing and collecting data and I'll report back and see if we can't get to the bottom of this jabberwocky.

Great summation. Totally agreed.
I do wonder what information do the Capture logs provide to the developers. The problem/error should be obvious (or not!!??)

@Dwaine, I am anxiously waiting for the next windows build to come in this week. I was hoping to get some good news from you though. I have been going through the forum and the Fairlight issue spans almost a decade. Various OS's, various versions of DaVinci etc. Various users coming up with various remedies and some of them resolving it! Logically it certainly seems it goes beyond just the fact that I have an insider preview build installed.
What do these lines mean.......(socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061)

[0x0000206c] | SyManager | WARN | 2020-06-23 14:31:09,164 | socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061

[0x0000206c] | SyManager | ERROR | 2020-06-23 14:31:09,164 | DRIVER: panel connection failed

[0x00001c70] | Fairlight | INFO | 2020-06-23 14:31:15,355 | 00.00.06.934(001): Running Fairlight (r000775-55722853)

Thanks again for your patience and your kindness.
Cheers
Max

phoeniximagery

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

MaxMann wrote:
I do wonder what information do the Capture logs provide to the developers. The problem/error should be obvious (or not!!??)

@Dwaine, I am anxiously waiting for the next windows build to come in this week. I was hoping to get some good news from you though. I have been going through the forum and the Fairlight issue spans almost a decade. Various OS's, various versions of DaVinci etc. Various users coming up with various remedies and some of them resolving it! Logically it certainly seems it goes beyond just the fact that I have an insider preview build installed.
What do these lines mean.......(socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061)

[0x0000206c] | SyManager | WARN | 2020-06-23 14:31:09,164 | socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061

[0x0000206c] | SyManager | ERROR | 2020-06-23 14:31:09,164 | DRIVER: panel connection failed

[0x00001c70] | Fairlight | INFO | 2020-06-23 14:31:15,355 | 00.00.06.934(001): Running Fairlight (r000775-55722853)

Cheers
Max

What it amounts to was when whatever method or function is hanging up was probably originally coded so long ago that TCP connections was the only way to transfer information between processes. Nowaday we used named pipes or shared memory access.

If Dwaine wants to shoot me the symbols, I'll debug it and can initiate a pull request in whatever source control these kids are using. :)
-Joe Hancuff

Clay Clement

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

I am still seeing this issue once in a while. Sometimes deleting the preferences folder and resetting it fixes it, and at times restarting fixes the issue for the time being. Either or the problem is still there. Somehow it is being caused to hang.

MaxMann

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:55 pm

phoeniximagery wrote:
MaxMann wrote:

Cheers
Max

What it amounts to was when whatever method or function is hanging up was probably originally coded so long ago that TCP connections was the only way to transfer information between processes. Nowaday we used named pipes or shared memory access.

If Dwaine wants to shoot me the symbols, I'll debug it and can initiate a pull request in whatever source control these kids are using. :)

Build 20152 installed still no joy with Davinci

Jerry Suppan

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:50 pm

MaxMann wrote:
phoeniximagery wrote:Hi Dwaine,

Cheers
Max

phoeniximagery and maxmann....
In a word, Wow!! Thanks for this eye-opening insight! I am not a techie nor programmer by any measure, but understand enough to grasp what's is explained.

I also have had this Fairlight page hang problem occur on occasion over time with NO change in hardware or graphcis. So, I know my system is compatible when DR works. And when it does not work, the problem has been consistent. Namely, DR hangs on Fairlight Page, freezes and fails to load. My system is not broken or incompatible because when it works, it works.

I was running 16.2.2 fine and then then when I upgraded to 16.2.3 my Fairlight hanging troubles returned. Worse yet, I uninstalled, reinstaled 16.2.2 and now I have the same probblem occurring on 16.2.2 ^@)*)^^&^**&^!! I also am on the Windows 10 Insider Preview program and the latest Build 20150. Yesterday I did an SysImage restore to 19640, thinking that would resolve my problem but, no. That was a futile waste of time and effort and having older system configs, apps, etc., have to be reinstalled or revert back to 20150 image (easier).

Whatever it is, BlackMagic has a job on their hands to fix whatever causes DR to hang on Fairlight and stop loading on some releases. I can not keep going with this reliability to pray and hope it may work and then in a sequel it won't work. To start a project and then not be able to continue is a frustratingly loss of time. I will need to look at Shotcut or something else that loads and works reliably rather then sometimes it works and then on a subsequent upgrade it does not work. Currently Windows 10 Build 20150 and DR 16.2.3, the answer is NOT working. And when I do an initial install of DR checks my OS and graphics and get the check mark all is OK and continues with the installation.
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

MaxMann

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 9:26 am

Have not tried this myself..........
https://superuser.com/questions/1540285 ... 86#1540286

On another note. Microsoft acknowledges build 20150 broke a few apps and they are still broken in 20152. They are saying it might be fixed in the next flight......
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... 14ac08fe8d

Jerry Suppan

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 5:40 am

MaxMann,

Thank a lot for your feedback and links. I did check out the links and one of the latest responses, from Microsoft Agent/Moderator:

ddieL [MSFT]Replied on June 26, 2020
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
ReplyIn reply to naseemmansoor's post on June 26, 2020
Today's Flight notes for build 20152:

Starting with the last build, some games and applications may crash at launch or fail to install. We’ve identified the root cause and are working on a fix for a future flight.

Could you please tell exactly what "the identified root cause" is. Thank you for your kindness. I might try to work on it.
It's a bug. Not something you can fix on your end. Unfortunately there is no current workaround.

-Eddie

So, it seems like this is something we will have to wait until Microsoft gets around to a fix, IF they get a fix to this Fairlight hanging issue. I also tried the command suggested at your other link for 'SuperUser' using PowerShell logged in as administrator:
"netsh int ipv4 set dynamicportrange protocol=tcp startport=49152 numberofports=16384 "

That was to no avail. So, it seems I need to start considering temporary, if not permanent, alternatives to DaVinci Resolve. I can not continue going forward with the situation that it might work and then it might not work. Right now, we are caught up in the quagmire of it not working. It seems though that Microsoft is to be faulted for this but BMD as well. This 'Fairlight Loading' hanging issue is not a recent / new phenomena. I have experienced this condition in previous releases of DR with no change of PC and graphics. I don't have this problem in any other video NLE I have been exploring to date.
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan

MaxMann

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Jerry Suppan wrote:MaxMann,

Thank a lot for your feedback and links. I did check out the links and one of the latest responses, from Microsoft Agent/Moderator:

ddieL [MSFT]Replied on June 26, 2020
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
ReplyIn reply to naseemmansoor's post on June 26, 2020
Today's Flight notes for build 20152:

Starting with the last build, some games and applications may crash at launch or fail to install. We’ve identified the root cause and are working on a fix for a future flight.

Could you please tell exactly what "the identified root cause" is. Thank you for your kindness. I might try to work on it.
It's a bug. Not something you can fix on your end. Unfortunately there is no current workaround.

-Eddie

So, it seems like this is something we will have to wait until Microsoft gets around to a fix, IF they get a fix to this Fairlight hanging issue. I also tried the command suggested at your other link for 'SuperUser' using PowerShell logged in as administrator:
"netsh int ipv4 set dynamicportrange protocol=tcp startport=49152 numberofports=16384 "

That was to no avail. So, it seems I need to start considering temporary, if not permanent, alternatives to DaVinci Resolve. I can not continue going forward with the situation that it might work and then it might not work. Right now, we are caught up in the quagmire of it not working. It seems though that Microsoft is to be faulted for this but BMD as well. This 'Fairlight Loading' hanging issue is not a recent / new phenomena. I have experienced this condition in previous releases of DR with no change of PC and graphics. I don't have this problem in any other video NLE I have been exploring to date.

Jerry, the number of people affected by this "outbreak" is so minuscule that I cannot really blame BlackMagic for not responding and fixing it (however being a perfectionist myself I would not forgive myself for not fixing it!). The problem seems to be with the DPdecoder.exe "waiting on "network I/O" to execute. Also, Dpdecoder issues go back quite a bit. Also Davinci being an exceptional editing software and for "free" I am just inclined to appreciate what they have provided! Waiting for a "good" outcome. I have personally lost a lot of hard work.
Cheers
Max

Albiback

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 8:37 pm

It stops working after the waveform Monitor sign for me as well.
Yes the new DV Resolve 16.2.3
I added the link to the log File.
https://we.tl/t-J9lrcmO7et
I even tried a reinstall of Resolve.. still get stucked in the loading screen :(
Best regards
Albrecht
Processor
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU
AMD Radeon VII (Driver 10.20.45004.0
OpenGL® 26.20.11000.14757
Vulkan™ Driver 2.0.159)
Memory
64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz
Motherboard
MSI MEG X570 ACE (MS-7C35) (1.80)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (20257)

Jerry Suppan

PostFri Jun 26, 2020 9:36 pm

@MaxMann.
Thanks for the message. I also appreciate that BMD makes DR available for free in the first place. Given that BMD's primary business model is selling highend hardware video production equipment, paralleling Apple's business model, DR comes along for the ride, similar to Apple's MacOS when selling computers.

I am not a programmer nor tech savvy enough to figure out what needs to be done to address the 'waiting for network I/O' so, their is no choice but to entrust that issue to the gurus who make these programs (MS and BMD).

It's unfortunate a single issue like this (DPdecoder.exe) prevents us DaVinci Resolve from being usable. But if Microsoft says there is no fix at the moment, and BMD will not be fixing or eliminating the problem, there is no choice but to consider alternatives in the meantime for productivity. I will wait for a resolution to the problem, IF, there will even be one.
Cheers,
Jerry S.
Tokyo, Japan
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve