BRAW Settings in Effects Controls - Reset and LOCKED away. I

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

misterk

BRAW Settings in Effects Controls - Reset and LOCKED away. I

PostTue Apr 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Software: Premiere, latest.

Any ideas why? It was fine and few project file reloads/exports later, they all become inaccessible again. This has been the doom and gloom of many projects recently and is making me want to switch to Resolve.

This causes an absolute blow out of the image.
Attachments
problems.png
problems.png (14.45 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
CPU Water: R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz 1.33Vcore / GPU Water: 1080ti @ 2Ghz Core, 6.3GHz Mem / RAM: 32GB Trident Z @ 3600MHz / DRIVES: 2TB 980 PRO OS, 1TB 860 EVO Scratch, 1TB 860 EVO Active Footage

antoine

Re: BRAW Settings in Effects Controls - Reset and LOCKED awa

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi Karl,
Are you on the latest Blackmagic RAW 1.7 ? What happens if you relaunch Premiere Pro ? What happens if you "Replace Clip" with the same .braw ?
Regards,
Antoine
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 am

Hi, your screenshot shows you are using version 1.6.2, please try 1.7.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

misterk

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 am

antoine wrote:Hi Karl,
Are you on the latest Blackmagic RAW 1.7 ? What happens if you relaunch Premiere Pro ? What happens if you "Replace Clip" with the same .braw ?
Regards,
Antoine

Updated to 1.7 and it unlocked some raw clips but others in difference sequences were still locked. Relaunch, DB clear everything does not seem to work.
Only work around is reveal in explorer, adding the clip back and trimming what is not needed.

Also, I take it there is no way to separate RAW settings from one clip. For instance I have a long take which has variable room color temp. I wanted to slice the clip, color correct first and then the second accordingly, but obviously, the clip shares RAW settings.

So yeah I have a work around, but its just long winded.

Any reason why this is happening?
CPU Water: R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz 1.33Vcore / GPU Water: 1080ti @ 2Ghz Core, 6.3GHz Mem / RAM: 32GB Trident Z @ 3600MHz / DRIVES: 2TB 980 PRO OS, 1TB 860 EVO Scratch, 1TB 860 EVO Active Footage

misterk

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 am

CaptainHook wrote:Hi, your screenshot shows you are using version 1.6.2, please try 1.7.

Did update same problem, mostly. Re-adding clip is the only fix, hopefully I wont have to do it for the third time.

Slowly wanting to ditch Premiere, but our agency is heavily reliant on the Adobe ecosystem.

antoine

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 9:52 pm

You can reimport the footage (or create a subclip) to create a new Source Settings; That's how Blackmagic plugin and BRAW Studio works in Premiere Pro (as well as REDRAW Source Settings, ProRes RAW Source Settings, CinemaDNG Source Settings etc.)

What clips are still locked away with 1.7 ?
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production