Atem Mini Pro & ProPresenter 7

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Adam Kimbrell

Atem Mini Pro & ProPresenter 7

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Does anyone know how to connect pro 7 to the atem mini pro so I can overlay our song lyrics and bible verses? I can do it just fine in wirecast via NDI and or syphon. Trying to eliminate using wirecast.

Frank Engel

Re: Atem Mini Pro & ProPresenter 7

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Yes, use an HDMI cable.

Refer to "Keying using ATEM Mini" in the manual, particularly the section on using a chroma key.

Adam Kimbrell

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 2:02 pm

Frank Engel wrote:Yes, use an HDMI cable.

Refer to "Keying using ATEM Mini" in the manual, particularly the section on using a chroma key.

So you’re saying connect the mini pro to my Mac via the hdmi out? This will allow both the mini pro and pro 7 to recognize each other?

Frank Engel

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Connect the HDMI output from the Mac to one of the four HDMI inputs on the ATEM Mini Pro.

The Mac will see it as just another monitor (same as it would a projector), then you select that as the output device in ProPresenter.

You need to make the parts of the image that are to be "cut out" chroma green or chroma blue, then configure the ATEM to derive a key from that color, as described in the manual.

You will also want to connect either USB or Ethernet to the Mac (or to some other computer) in order to enable use of the software control panel, as you will probably need to use that in order to configure the chroma keyer the first time you use it.

Adam Kimbrell

PostFri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Frank Engel wrote:Connect the HDMI output from the Mac to one of the four HDMI inputs on the ATEM Mini Pro.

The Mac will see it as just another monitor (same as it would a projector), then you select that as the output device in ProPresenter.

You need to make the parts of the image that are to be "cut out" chroma green or chroma blue, then configure the ATEM to derive a key from that color, as described in the manual.

You will also want to connect either USB or Ethernet to the Mac (or to some other computer) in order to enable use of the software control panel, as you will probably need to use that in order to configure the chroma keyer the first time you use it.

Should I use hdmi 1 on the atem to plug in my Mac?

Adam Kimbrell

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 12:47 am

Frank Engel wrote:Connect the HDMI output from the Mac to one of the four HDMI inputs on the ATEM Mini Pro.

So I have done as you have described however ProPresenter 7 is only seeing the ATEM mini pro as “BMD HDMI” it doesn’t recognize it as a display. All it does is act as a monitor to my Mac. Am I doing something wrong?

Frank Engel

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 1:18 am

Adam Kimbrell wrote:All it does is act as a monitor to my Mac.

Good, that it what it is supposed to do.

In ProPresenter select that as the output display to send your content there, just like you would with a projector, then follow the instructions from the ATEM Mini manual to set up a key which uses that input as the fill (and key) source...

Adam Kimbrell

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Frank Engel wrote:

In ProPresenter select that as the output display to send your content there, just like you would with a projector, then follow the instructions from the ATEM Mini manual to set up a key which uses that input as the fill (and key) source...

What I meant to say is that it was only showing me what was on my screen it wasn’t working as an audience display. Instead of seeing the presentation it was showing me the entire ProPresenter software. I figured it out though now. I had to change a few settings on my Mac.

Frank Engel

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Adam Kimbrell wrote:What I meant to say is that it was only showing me what was on my screen it wasn’t working as an audience display. Instead of seeing the presentation it was showing me the entire ProPresenter software. I figured it out though now. I had to change a few settings on my Mac.

Sounds like you had the displays mirrored... glad you figured it out.

Adam Kimbrell

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 4:23 am

Frank Engel wrote:
Adam Kimbrell wrote:What I meant to say is that it was only showing me what was on my screen it wasn’t working as an audience display. Instead of seeing the presentation it was showing me the entire ProPresenter software. I figured it out though now. I had to change a few settings on my Mac.

Sounds like you had the displays mirrored... glad you figured it out.

Thanks for the help.

scottleemunson

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Can ProPresenter 7 output audio via Atem mini pro? I'm wanting to send a feed out from the computer via Hdmi to ethernet, and run it to our gym as a second feed. This would be optimal versus streaming the service in the gym. It would be a direct feed. Is that possible?

Frank Engel

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 am

To route the audio to the ATEM Mini Pro, select the relevant HDMI port (the computer HDMI output that the Mini Pro is connected to) as the "Device" under "Main Output" in the Audio tab of ProPresenter preferences.

craigmosher

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 6:00 pm

You can also use the NDI feature if your ATEM is connected to the network, or you can syphon if you are running the ATEM software on the same computer as ProP7.

craigmosher

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Anyone know if you can cue a switch from say input 1 to input 2 when changing a slide in Propresenter 7? I want to automaticall switch my cameras at the end of our worship set back to our Pastor's camera, but with only one person running audio, video, and lyrics slides, it's proving to be a challenge. If I can automate it, maybe by sending a Midi cue from Pro7 to the ATEM, that would be awesome. So, any thoughts on if that can be done?

Frank Engel

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 6:10 pm

I haven't tried this myself (yet), but a quick search found this:

https://heretorecord.com/blog/control-a ... i-keyboard

They are using a physical MIDI controller with two software products (both for the Mac) to convert incoming MIDI from the controller to control the ATEM.

In theory you should be able to take the MIDI output from ProPresenter into OSCulator instead of the physical MIDI controller to apply the same basic technique... at least assuming you are using a Mac.

annafugh

PostTue Aug 04, 2020 6:30 pm

How do you adjust the settings on your Mac to make it not mirror the display, but to make it the actual output. I see that above it was noted that someone (I believe it was Adam) was having the same issue, but he changed some settings on his Mac and fixed it. Which settings do we change to fix this problem?
Adam Kimbrell wrote:
Frank Engel wrote:

What I meant to say is that it was only showing me what was on my screen it wasn’t working as an audience display. Instead of seeing the presentation it was showing me the entire ProPresenter software. I figured it out though now. I had to change a few settings on my Mac.

Frank Engel

PostWed Aug 05, 2020 12:45 am

annafugh wrote:How do you adjust the settings on your Mac to make it not mirror the display, but to make it the actual output.

In System Preferences -> Displays, go to the Arrangement tab and uncheck Mirror Displays

Return to Live Production