Reconnecting Disconnected Database

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

luxander

Reconnecting Disconnected Database

PostSat Apr 25, 2020 1:23 am

I need help reconnecting a disconnected database in Resolve Studio 15. Also, need to know what is the yellow / orange triangle mean. Please help. Very lost here.

PsychOMac

Re: Reconnecting Disconnected Database

PostSat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 am

I have the same problem with a disconnect database. Pulling my hair out

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Glenn Sakatch

PostSat Apr 25, 2020 3:30 pm

As long as you know the ip address of the database, and the exact name of it, and your server is up and running, you should be able to reconnect by right clicking and disconnecting the one that wont connect, so it totally disappears from the list...then go through the process of creating a new database, but on the info screen, tell resolve you want to connect to an existing database. Fill in the information, and it should connect...assuming the server is running.

I don't believe you can actually delete a database from inside Resolve, so don't be too freaked out about telling Resolve to "disconnect" the database. (it's not connecting properly anyway).

I would note however, that quite often a reboot of your machine will bring everything back. On my system, if i launch Resolve too soon after reboot, and all the connections haven't completed, I will get a unable to connect to database. I"m usually too lazy to reboot again, so I do the disconnect/reconnect process i've discribed.

The symbols you are referring to might be telling you your database is not connected, or that it needs to be upgraded, or is incompatible with the version of resolve you are running.

Jim Simon

PostSat Apr 25, 2020 4:47 pm

On the top left of the Project Manager, click the Restore button.

You may have to open the Database list with the icon to the left of the word Projects.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

John Paines

PostSat Apr 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Restoring databases is not the same as reconnecting them. Two different things entirely.

To OP: you need to supply more information. Did you attempt the reconnect process through the database manager? Are you moving from 15 to 16? Is the database already showing up in database manager, but with a warning message?

luxander

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 5:49 am

Hi John, I have two issues here...

The first one is about disconnecting a local database on my pc harddrive. I right clicked on my local database and pressed disconnect by accident. I can't locate this in restore option using C drive and going into the ProgramData folder (which is a faded folder btw) and takes me as far as Batch Renders with nothing there.

The second issue is about my external harddrive that shows a yellow/orange triangle beside another database. The message says the "name" database is not connected - database location is not found. This one is strange because it worked on a day before, and then went like this a day after, when I asked these questions. I'm baffled.

luxander

PostSun May 24, 2020 2:52 am

John Paines wrote:Restoring databases is not the same as reconnecting them. Two different things entirely.

To OP: you need to supply more information. Did you attempt the reconnect process through the database manager? Are you moving from 15 to 16? Is the database already showing up in database manager, but with a warning message?

Check out my question for you in this thread.. wasn't able to link you before

fatihdes

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Did anybody find solution on this?

gheedough

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 10:07 pm

I just had this happen to me. I ended up disconnecting the database (despite the scary warning) and then connecting it again and it was all back as before. Hope this helps!
Using Resolve Studio since 2021. Before mostly Premiere and FCPX.
Main rig: Ryzen 5950x, RTX 3080 Ti, 128GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, Audient iD14 Mki, BMD Speed Editor

Zenith_Pictures

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 2:59 pm

Try this? (it worked for me after I saw that all my projects disappeared, aka, the database got disconnected)

On the startup project window, in the left column, click on the little person with 3 bars to THEIR left. Try switching between "admin", "guest", etc.

I THINK MY ISSUE was that, in the past, I set up my database under "guest" instead of "admin". I started trying to fix the missing database issue with only a focus on "admin". Curiosity had me randomly take a look inside the "guest" folder in my Resolve Disk Database, and tada! "THERE THEY ARE!!!" moment.

I know these questions are old, and my answer late, but ya know, maybe my comment will help someone anyway somehow :P

Return to DaVinci Resolve