Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Transition Pack / Macro and FPS

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ritch1337

Transition Pack / Macro and FPS

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 10:04 am

Hey everybody,

I am working on a new transitions pack based on adjustment clips that are modified in Macro. I could use piece of advice – do I have to prepare separate framarate projects for every user individually or can I just create one universal Macro that will automatically adjust itself to the framerate of the individual Timeline?

In theory, I think it should be possible to set duration (in seconds) for a Macro and then have the Key Frames automatically adjusted to FPS of the particular Timeline. The question is, is it possible? And if yes, how?

Thanks in advance!
Radek Richter
CEO of the rvisual s.r.o.

Windows 10 Pro

- i9-10980XE (18 cores)
- 2x RTX 2080 Ti (24GB in total)
- 128 GB of ram

Saad Shah

Re: Transition Pack / Macro and FPS

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Fusion is resolution independent. But not framerate independent.

Whatever macros or animations you make will only be created using the original frame rate that you decide. If this is dropped into a timeline using a different frame rate, the macro will speed up or slow down. Yes, yours users will have the ability to change the frame rate to match their projects, but you cant be sure if they will or not.

I would recommend offer at least 24 and 30 fps options.

Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

TheModernFilmmaker

PostTue May 19, 2020 5:24 pm

On several different occasions I have wondered this same thing. Does anyone have a possible solution other than making separate files?

Saad Shah

PostTue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Hey Marcel

Keyframe Stretcher is an option if you want your users to be able to stretch the middle of your titles longer or shorter.
I believe the comp.RenderEnd can be used for certain scenarios to control the animation length, perhaps its speed too; I havent tried that option myself.

I think there are quite a few DaVinci Resolve editors who want drag and drop titles that work as is without much tweaking, so the best option is to offer them different pre-built versions of 24, 30 and 60 frame rates.

On the other hand, for users familiar with Fusion, its pretty easy to modify the keyframes in the spline editor using a box select; its a no brainer. But Fusion users are probably not looking for pre-built titles when they can easily create these themselves lol

I think the best option is to just make them at 24 with a KFS at the shortest length and let the editors stretch them longer if needed.

Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

xunile

PostTue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

The KeyframeStretcher can be an option, but it seems to be a little buggy. If you will be creating transitions, I would suggest creating the new Fusion Transitions that work like the built-in Video Transitions in Resolve. You can use the ResolveParameter modifier to take care of the animation which allows it to adapt to different lengths and frame rates.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Chad Capeland

PostTue May 19, 2020 9:27 pm

TimeStretcher respects the comp framerate, even if KeyframeStretcher does not. :roll:

You can get the framerate in an expression with "comp:GetPrefs().Comp.FrameFormat.Rate".
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

TheModernFilmmaker

PostWed May 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Thank you Saad! I have used the KeyframeStretcher and it is a great tool. As you mentioned, many editors have limited knowledge in fusion. So I am trying to make things as simple as I can.

John Holt

PostSun May 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi. Apologies only read the top thread. MrAlexTech has just solved this issue. He converted easing functions into LUA Expressions which work a charm.

Creating Transitions without Keyframes using Expressions in Davinci Resolve 16.2

-John
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
64GB RAM
GTX1650 4GB :(
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 1000.2 GB
Dual Monitors 32" & 27" Samsung
BM Multidock
Speed Editor
DR Studio Latest Version Fusion Studio Latest Version

Return to Fusion