massive shift in green color on BMPCC4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

IvanTheEditor

massive shift in green color on BMPCC4K

PostWed May 20, 2020 7:58 pm

I've recently started filming with my pocket 4K more and I'm loving it. However, on a recent product shoot where the product was all different shades of green I noticed that the greens are severely pushed towards yellow to the point that some colors which are 100% green in real life looked 100% yellow in my bmpcc4k. I've been searching for some LUTS that correct this but no luck so far. Has anyone else encountered that before? I know how to properly white balance, I use my gray and color charts all the time, but nothing seems to fix the green back to where it should be. It's like it just slips through the cracks. What can I do to make sure I get true, real-to-life colors with my blackmagic 4k even after I've properly white balanced?

John Griffin

Re: massive shift in green color on BMPCC4K

PostWed May 20, 2020 8:54 pm

How were you lighting it? - Daylight, Tungsten, LED?

Uli Plank

PostWed May 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Were you using any ND filter?
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Robert Niessner

PostWed May 20, 2020 11:23 pm

IvanTheEditor wrote: I've been searching for some LUTS that correct this but no luck so far. Has anyone else encountered that before? I know how to properly white balance, I use my gray and color charts all the time, but nothing seems to fix the green back to where it should be. It's like it just slips through the cracks. What can I do to make sure I get true, real-to-life colors with my blackmagic 4k even after I've properly white balanced?

My free LUT does address this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97623
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 2:53 am

John Griffin wrote:How were you lighting it? - Daylight, Tungsten, LED?

I am using the Aputure Light Storm C300d Mark II LED Light - it's 5500K balanced. I'm using the gray card to manually white balance the camera.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 2:53 am

Uli Plank wrote:Were you using any ND filter?

No filters of any kind. I am indoors in my living room on a white background with all other lights turned off.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:13 am

Robert Niessner wrote:
IvanTheEditor wrote: I've been searching for some LUTS that correct this but no luck so far. Has anyone else encountered that before? I know how to properly white balance, I use my gray and color charts all the time, but nothing seems to fix the green back to where it should be. It's like it just slips through the cracks. What can I do to make sure I get true, real-to-life colors with my blackmagic 4k even after I've properly white balanced?

My free LUT does address this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97623

Robert, I tried out your LUT and while it is better I am still seeing yellow where it should be green. Also, I might not be using it right but it seems a bit underexposed when compared to the "pocket 4k film to video" LUT

I will attach some comparison test shots with the BMPCC4K and a canon 90D.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:15 am

Raw film, no LUT applied
Attachments
raw film.png
raw film.png (1023.07 KiB) Viewed 23498 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:16 am

With BM's pocket 4K film to video LUT
Attachments
with BM pocket 4k film to video LUT.png
with BM pocket 4k film to video LUT.png (843.94 KiB) Viewed 23498 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:18 am

With Robert's LUT
Attachments
with robert's lut.png
with robert's lut.png (1001.5 KiB) Viewed 23497 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:19 am

Canon - standard profile, no LUTS
Attachments
canon.png
canon.png (935.72 KiB) Viewed 23481 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:27 am

And here are the "pocket 4k film to video" LUT next to the canon

You can clearly see that in the BM footage the green box is entirely yellow. There isn't even a hint of green there. I feel like I'm missing something big here. Can someone please explain this massive shift in the greens on the blackmagic?
Attachments
comparison bn BM and canon.png
comparison bn BM and canon.png (995.33 KiB) Viewed 23479 times

Uli Plank

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:44 am

In my experience Canon cameras always tend a bit to the warm side.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 4:11 am

Can you share BRAW file?

Weak greens in BM cameras usually because people put DNG or BRAW to YRGB color managed project.
Change project settings to YRGB, and use CST to convert node BMD film to Rec709.

Also try this example project viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65149#p537852
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:01 am

Uli Plank wrote:In my experience Canon cameras always tend a bit to the warm side.

Uli, the top shot is the BM camera which in this case is the warm one. The bottom shot is the canon with the proper colors.

Uli Plank

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:02 am

Sorry, misunderstood.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:07 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:Can you share BRAW file?

Weak greens in BM cameras usually because people put DNG or BRAW to YRGB color managed project.
Change project settings to YRGB, and use CST to convert node BMD film to Rec709.

Dmitry, I shot this in ProRes because that's how I typically shoot but I get the same result with BRAW. You can download both the BM and the Canon files from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8jeqdxwhw41x ... hxjVa?dl=0

I will look into the example you sent in a little bit. That's a long thread! :shock:

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:10 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:Can you share BRAW file?

Also, I use Premiere for editing and rarely use Davinci but I could if necessary. I'm not sure I understand what this means though: "Change project settings to YRGB, and use CST to convert node BMD film to Rec709."
Could you please clarify?

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 5:48 am

Interesting. ProRes should be the same in both YRGB color managed and non color managed project as well as in any other apps. I guess it just could be a difficult color to reproduce with BM color Science in combination with always not too perfect LED light sources. It could be also due IR pollution. But i am not sure if LED lights ever produce IR pollution.
Canon profiles most likely add some aggressive correction, and some sort of film emulation effects.
Color checker correction may help to bring back weak green colors. Just make sure there is no glare on glossy black patch.

Original processed using my workflow:

Same, but With Velvia100 film emulation from GMIC LUTs pack viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77553#p569634:

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 6:11 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:Interesting. ProRes should be the same in both YRGB color managed and non color managed project as well as in any other apps. I guess it just could be a difficult color to reproduce with BM color Science in combination with always not too perfect LED light sources. It could be also due IR pollution. But i am not sure if LED lights ever produce IR pollution.
Canon profiles most likely add some aggressive correction, and some sort of film emulation effects.
Color checker correction may help to bring back weak green colors. Just make sure there is no glare on glossy black patch.

Original processed using my workflow:

Same, but With Velvia100 film emulation from GMIC LUTs pack viewtopic.php?f=21&t=77553#p569634:

Thank you so much for helping me out with this! The Velvia100 is nice but still quite far from the real color.

So I guess my question really is this: What can I do (or what kind of workflow do I need to adapt) to make sure that I can get true-to-life, color-cast-free footage with my BMPCC4K? Obviously, properly white balancing my camera doesn't even get me close to it. I do a lot of product shoots but it's all for social media. I am not a colorist and not trying to be one. I just spent a lot of time and money building my whole pocket 4K rig and I'd love to be able to use it but at the end of the day if I can't delivery footage with proper colors then no one is going to hire me again. This isn't a camera "bug", an isolated case, or something minor. We're talking about a huge chunk of the color spectrum missing. THIS IS HUGE!!! I cannot believe that this hasn't been fixed (or at the very least ADDRESSED) by BM already.

Is there anything I could do at all to use my BM and get proper colors that doesn't require a big time color grading workflow?

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 6:41 am

1. Shoot BRAW because it captures 12 bit color compare to 10 bit ProRes.
2. Do color correction in Resolve because it is adjusts colors in 32 bit depth.
3. Use color checker chart and color checker correction tool to create perfect input color correction profile.
4. Work in wide gamut to avoid saturation clipping.
5. Use real sunlight, or use halogen lamps with on camera 80A or 80B filters to compensate too warm color temperature. Even expensive LEDs will produce some gaps in color.
6. Use on camera IR filter.

Eugenia Loli

PostThu May 21, 2020 8:47 am

The replies here are giving you the run around.

The truth is that the BMPCC 4k has a color cast that is not removable by color grading or LUTs (it just shifts colors around, but a cast remains). This is true for most Sony sensors in fact, not just in the BMPCC 4k (although it seems to suffer most of this). This has been discussed here before, and it's something for Blackmagic to look at. Maybe by asking Sony to be more careful about the filters in front of the sensor (which are likely what creates the slight color cast).

The reason why I still use my Canon M50 instead of my BMPCC 4k (or any other Sony sensor camera) is the colors, despite the Canon M50 being just 8bit. The colors have a clear separation between them, without a color cast. Just as in the Alexa. And it's the reason why some people still prefer the Fairchild sensor look as found in the original BMPCC too.
Collage artist, illustrator, filmmaker: https://vimeo.com/eugenia

John Griffin

PostThu May 21, 2020 8:55 am

Weird - just put the clip in Resolve in ACES and the green packaging is very yellow. Using the colour checker match feature it bends it back but totally corrupts the image due to the reflection in the black but at least the colours look right.

Sean van Berlo

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:07 am

I just want to say that the people on here that are blaming a hue shift THIS massive on 10-bit codecs or LED lighting when an 8-bit camera manages to do just fine are being disingenuous to the point of gaslighting the OP. I know everyone on here is a Blackmagic fan (me included) but come on, folks.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:22 am

Eugenia Loli wrote:The replies here are giving you the run around.

The truth is that the BMPCC 4k has a color cast that is not removable by color grading or LUTs (it just shifts colors around, but a cast remains). This is true for most Sony sensors in fact, not just in the BMPCC 4k (although it seems to suffer most of this). This has been discussed here before, and it's something for Blackmagic to look at. Maybe by asking Sony to be more careful about the filters in front of the sensor (which are likely what creates the slight color cast).

The reason why I still use my Canon M50 instead of my BMPCC 4k (or any other Sony sensor camera) is the colors, despite the Canon M50 being just 8bit. The colors have a clear separation between them, without a color cast. Just as in the Alexa. And it's the reason why some people still prefer the Fairchild sensor look as found in the original BMPCC too.

Euginia - my point exactly!! I couldn't agree with you more about that. I started with Sony cameras and hated the green tint so I switched to Canons and i love their colors. Last year I started on the bmpcc4k journey and i love the quality this camera delivers but this was the first time i've had to pay such close attention to the greens (the product that I'm shooting now is all just different shades of green) and it baffles me that no one else has dealt with this before and that BM would not at least address this obviously major flow in this camera. I understand that it's the sony sensor but even with the Sony cameras the shift in never this extreme. Because of all of this I''m serious considering shooting on a Canon 90D which delivers footage that is nowhere near the bmpcc4k footage in quality BUT has proper colors. And at the end of the day - that's one of the things that matters the most. I understand that it's different tools for different jobs but i'm not asking for something crazy here. I just want to be able to film green objects. Something quite common I'd say.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:23 am

Sean van Berlo wrote:I just want to say that the people on here that are blaming a hue shift THIS massive on 10-bit codecs or LED lighting when an 8-bit camera manages to do just fine are being disingenuous to the point of gaslighting the OP. I know everyone on here is a Blackmagic fan (me included) but come on, folks.

Canon just use totally different sensor, different sensor filters, and it is factory calibrated to produce vivid image that looks good right out from camera. It may save image as 8 bit h264, but processing inside camera usually always done in 10, 12 or even 14 Bit.

I just suggested to check all possible options. In 90% of situations Color Checker correction applied in wide gamut color space in Resolve will fix all color problems (including weak greens).

Yannick Willox

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:26 am

I don't understand. The xrite card should have yellow near the top right - which suggests the BM is showing the right color.

It definately should not look green, like it shows in the Canon shots. But if the OP says the product should be green, there must be something I am missing.
Attachments
colorchecker-video_03.jpg
colorchecker-video_03.jpg (111.5 KiB) Viewed 23367 times

Richard Wait

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:27 am

Wow - this looks like a real big sleeper of an issue. I wonder if BM can advice...?

Its totally off isn't it - not just a bit, but way off...
Regards

Richard
Underwater BlackMagic Videographer

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:31 am

Sean van Berlo wrote:I just want to say that the people on here that are blaming a hue shift THIS massive on 10-bit codecs or LED lighting when an 8-bit camera manages to do just fine are being disingenuous to the point of gaslighting the OP. I know everyone on here is a Blackmagic fan (me included) but come on, folks.

Sean - thanks for saying that. I really was starting to think that I'm missing some fundamental knowledge here. People on these forums can be very quick to say "you're not doing it right, you need this, this, this, and this, oh, and a million other things" and are not being realistic about how people in the real world use the equipment. Most of us don't have access to million dollar studios and gear. We have just enough to make it work and we rely on quality gear to help us do our jobs. I love my BMPCC4K but I really feel like it let me down this time. If this had happened on a real shoot where my client noticed that I would have looked like a total amateur and like I don't know what I'm doing. Not cool!

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:41 am

Yannick Willox wrote:I don't understand. The xrite card should have yellow near the top right - which suggests the BM is showing the right color.

It definately should not look green, like it shows in the Canon shots. But if the OP says the product should be green, there must be something I am missing.

That Ryobi color is complicated... Canon colors are also far from reference. It just makes image more "pretty" subjectively in this setup because colors are on coolerside and because better captured that green-yellow tint. But those are not exact 100% true colors.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:46 am

Yannick Willox wrote:I don't understand. The xrite card should have yellow near the top right - which suggests the BM is showing the right color.

Yannick - my point exactly!! The BM shot properly displays yellow on the color chart but completely failed to display the box correctly which IS 100% pure green in real life. Just look at the Ryobi website. That exact green is all over their products and packaging. The canon did not get the proper color on the checker card BUT it properly displays the green box as green which is how it looks in real life.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.42.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.42.40 AM.png (530.15 KiB) Viewed 23360 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 9:52 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:

That Ryobi color is complicated... Canon colors are also far from reference. It just makes image more "pretty" subjectively in this setup because colors are on coolerside and because better captured that green-yellow tint. But those are not exact 100% true colors.

Dmitry, I think you might be missing the point here. That Ryobi color is not complicated - it's pure basic green (on the box). Not some fancy shade of green - it is literally your most standard green. Nothing complicated about that. But fine - let's say that it is a difficult color so instead of displaying pure green it comes out as green with a hint of something else. But no. The green is shifted to an entirely different color. There isn't even any overlap. It's a MASSIVE shift in color. Like you say - Canon colors aren't perfect but they're able to produce a perfectly acceptable image that is very close to real life colors. But the blackmagic cannot even come close to that?? Not even a little bit?? Seems like a pretty big deal to me...

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 10:02 am

It is not a plain green. It is a complicated nuanced color. Some people depending of light adaptation may name it yellow some may name it green. I have Ryobi tool and i know how it looks like in real life.
The bad thing that exact this area between yellow and green bright but same time saturated colors is the weakest point in all BM cameras.
I found exact same problem In my early BMMCC tests. I was able to fix it only by proper RAW processing in YRGB non color managed project and by creating custom Color Checker correction node.

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 10:09 am

For anyone else who might also encounter this issue, I'd like to post on here something that I believe might have worked for me for now. As I mentioned before I'm working in Premiere using ProRes. No time for BRAW or color grading in DR. I found a plugin by Matt Roberts (http://www.mattroberts.org/MBR_Color_Corrector/) and after playing with it for some time in Premiere I was able to make the box look green. I also tried it on my product footage and it seems to be doing a good job recreating the proper shades of green. Not perfect - but acceptable - which is I guess the best I can hope for in this situation.
Attachments
corrected in premiere with MBR color corrector.png
corrected in premiere with MBR color corrector.png (970.69 KiB) Viewed 23350 times

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 10:15 am

Dmitry Shijan wrote:It is not a plain green. It is a complicated nuanced color. Some people depending of light adaptation may name it yellow some may name it green. I have Ryobi tool and i know how it looks like in real life.
The bad thing that exact this area between yellow and green bright but same time saturated colors is the weakest point in all BM cameras.
I found exact same problem In my early BMMCC tests. I was able to fix it only by proper RAW processing in YRGB non color managed project and by creating custom Color Checker correction node.

"RAW processing in YRGB non color managed project" - where can i find that YRGB setting in DR? I'm not super familiar with the software but I'd love to look into that and try to fix it in DR myself.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 10:33 am

YRGB and YRGB color managed are options in Resolve project settings.

Here is example how is the same green-yellow color may be represented in totally different way depending of different project settings and different Film emulation LUTs.

P.S. Those examples where about 1 stop underexposed and i forgot to adjust Exposure in Resolve, but original color of the box is very close to Ryobi. Here is example from web https://www.google.com/search?q=adidas+ ... 70&bih=938
Last edited by Dmytro Shijan on Thu May 21, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John Griffin

PostThu May 21, 2020 11:39 am

That reminds me I need a new cordless drill so I can combine it with a camera test as well!

IvanTheEditor

PostThu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Dmitry Shijan wrote:YRGB and YRGB color managed are options in Resolve project settings.

Here is example how is the same green-yellow color may be represented in totally different way depending of different project settings and different Film emulation LUTs.

P.S. Those examples where about 1 stop underexposed and i forgot to adjust Exposure in Resolve, but original color of the box is very close to Ryobi. Here is example from web https://www.google.com/search?q=adidas+ ... 70&bih=938

Yes, I love the richness of the green in those shots. I really wish this wasn't so complicated. BM should come out with a LUT that corrects this obvious mistake and add it to the other LUTs that the cameras already ships with.

Dmytro Shijan

PostThu May 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Arri and RED cameras input color profiles also adjusted for more saturated greens but in many situations as side effect they produce rather visible color shift and block warm colors. Pocket 6K also produce more "greener" color because it use different sensor and most likely stronger IR filter so it is also very different from Pocket 4K.
Cinema cameras that shoot Log or RAW provide way more flexibility than consumer cameras with baked look, but same time they always require some manual work. This is just how things work.

P.S. that Color Checker plugin by Matt Roberts looks nice.

Here are few more BMMCC examples:

John Paines

PostThu May 21, 2020 1:56 pm

IvanTheEditor wrote:Yes, I love the richness of the green in those shots. I really wish this wasn't so complicated. BM should come out with a LUT that corrects this obvious mistake and add it to the other LUTs that the cameras already ships with.

What Dmitry is describing are various ways of approaching normalization and color correction in Resolve, though, in my view, sometimes these instructions go off the deep end with needlessly complicated workflows for minimal or maybe imaginary benefits.

And I'm not sure what the various green shades above demonstrate, since they don't exhibit the color shift you've illustrated.

I tested greens which at least resemble those depicted in your product shot, and don't see your results -- in one instance, the greens were a bit weak on two different cameras (a GH2 and the BMPBCC 4K braw), but that's easily corrected with basic color correction tools. Anyway, there's distinct separation from yellow.

Can you find any other examples or do you have continued access to the product box? Could you provide braw frames?

Howard Roll

PostThu May 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Ryobi Green is yellow as Sky Blue is cyan, "massive" may be overstating the case. Cameras look different, it's the color science, this is only news if you're new.

Good Luck

Dune00z

PostThu May 21, 2020 2:31 pm

I've seen the same thing. A hue curve adjustment is all that is needed to correct the greens. If you use ACES and put it into a color space that has an IDT like red, colors are pretty much perfect after odt. Sight adjustment with LMT pushing green toward cyan and you're good to go.

Luts don't usually correct all of the issues of every shot in every situation, that would be impossible, and most cameras have something that needs correction for perfect color out of the box, even Canon... Like sunburnt skin tones I have to correct on occasion.

Basic color correction will get you the greens you want.

Sean van Berlo

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Would a Color Space Transform node (transforming to, say, Arri log or Clog) not help by the way? In this way you're not fighting the color preparation decisions by Blackmagic (which by the way, as far as I can tell, has NOTHING to do with the inherent properties of the sensor)

John Griffin

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Hue vs Hue curve is all you need to isolate individual colours and change them.

Dune00z

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Sean van Berlo wrote:Would a Color Space Transform node (transforming to, say, Arri log or Clog) not help by the way? In this way you're not fighting the color preparation decisions by Blackmagic (which by the way, as far as I can tell, has NOTHING to do with the inherent properties of the sensor)

When I transform to Arri Log C/Arri Color space and use the Arri lut included with Resolve or other Arri Log C luts the result has less yellowing in the greens or whatever look is expected from the lut. There are many, many ways to correct the yellowed greens and any color tint for that matter.

Color science from the camera is not an ironed in forced look to the footage from the bmpcc4k. Even in 10 bit prores you can get whatever colors you want assuming WB was set close to correct to begin with. Braw makes it even easier.

Dune00z

PostThu May 21, 2020 3:47 pm

John Griffin wrote:Hue vs Hue curve is all you need to isolate individual colours and change them.

Exactly.

John Paines

PostThu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm

I think we can agree that color correction can fix inaccuracies, and that all cameras have casts and color biases.

Whether "massive" is the right word or not, that's a significant shift illustrated above, which not everyone here (at least) has observed in shooting with the BMPCC 4K. It seems to me that something has to give here: either the example is defective or unique to unusual circumstances in some way, or there's a real "issue".

Denny Smith

PostThu May 21, 2020 8:47 pm

I have yet to find a digital camera that can reproduce its image to match what we see with our eyes. Every camera needs to have the image corrected.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Howard Roll

PostThu May 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Firstly the lighting is different, for whatever reason it's about a stop hotter on the left in the Canon shot. Maybe the stand got kicked, this is going to cause perceptual issues.

The Canon footage is untouched, the bm footage was transformed to 709, white balanced and luma matched to the Canon. First thing you can see is that neither camera is "reference". The BM camera has some uninspired greens, the Canon camera thinks blue is violet. Here you can see the lighing inconsistency on the left.
Luma.png
Luma.png (333.92 KiB) Viewed 23135 times

The BM and Canon are both off the blue target by about the same amount in different directions. The BM which skews cyan is barely noticeable while the Canon that skews magenta is instantly perceived.

Chroma.png
Chroma.png (293.73 KiB) Viewed 23135 times

If you swing the hippopotamus 8 degrees you have this. Better/worse/massively different at all?

8 degrees.png
8 degrees.png (292.85 KiB) Viewed 23135 times

Good Luck

Sean van Berlo

PostThu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Denny, the simple fact is that the color differs significantly from that which we perceive with our eyes. Try sending this to a client with a shrug about sensor bias. It's an obvious inaccuracy in the way Blackmagic prepares their the color from their sensor (again, very unlikely that the actual sensor hardware has something to do with this). No one is making a mountain out of a molehill: the problem is significant because a) it is readily apparent to a layman (again try explaining to your client that green often leans heavily towards yellow) and b) people do not always have the time or even ability to fix this (did you even consider livestreaming). Even if this is a rare occurrence, don't you think it is worth discussing and looking into at least?
Next

Return to Cinematography