Decklink 8K Pro

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

JasonHaislet

Decklink 8K Pro

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Greetings.

I would like to get my 8K Pro to output Alpha channel and two outputs. It looks like this possible with the SDK, but I am having issues with were to start. If I could be given some direction I think I could get it.

Thank You

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Decklink 8K Pro

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi Jason,

I assume you are referring to 1 fill/key output pair and 1 output, then yes this can be achieved by configuring the DeckLink 8K Pro to the 2 sub-devices full-duplex profile.

To set the profile for the DeckLink 8K Pro, you should follow the high-level process as subscribed in Section 2.4.11.3 "Select a new profile" of the DeckLink SDK Manual. You will need to use BMDDeckLinkProfileID = bmdProfileTwoSubDevicesFullDuplex. You can also use SDK sample ActivateProfile to check and change the active profile for the device.

This process can also be achieved using Desktop Video Setup utility. Click DeckLink 8K Pro (1) device - under Connectors tab - select "SDI 1 In, SDI 2 Out".

Regards
Cameron

JasonHaislet

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 11:01 pm

I have tried with Decklink 8K Pro (1) Device set to "SDI 1 In, SDI 2 Out". But I still do not get an Alpha Channel (Key/Fill) and one or two outputs.

I'll double check on 6/7, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as expected.

bkilpatrick83

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 3:02 am

Hey Jason, did you ever figure this out?

JasonHaislet

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Brian

Funny you should asks this. We thought we had it figured out, but recently started thinking we haven't. We had been simply using white lettering on colored backgrounds, no problem. Well recently we started adding graphics. Black in being transparent, so we are thinking it is wrong. Been trying to figure it out.

Return to Software Developers