Resolve UI Scaling for 5120x2160 screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rhgkswhd

Re: Resolve UI Scaling for 5120x2160 screen

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi,

Thank you for preferring Blackmagic Design products.

DaVinci Resolve UI supports 1920x1080 resolution only. It does not support OS scaling.

Our developer is aware of this. It may require a total revamp of the software in order to support OS scaling.

This is reply from BM Asia.
It took years to fix Ableton Live UI scaling issue, so don't get your hopes up.
Windows 10 Pro, Davinci Resolve Studio
i9-9900k, 64gb, Nvidia 2080Ti
Eizo CG319X, Sony A7S3

SandroSchreiber

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 9:31 am

As noted by many users, the UI scales correctly under OSX. Is this so much easier to implement in OSX? I am not a developer and I am aware that there are huge differences between the two operating systems. But this problem was reported and documented by Windows users years ago. Just wondering...
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 | Resolve Mini Panel | Win11 22H2
GeForce RTX4090 (551.61 studio driver) | DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K, Desktop Video 12.8.1

Sulo Kokki

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm

OSX (up to El Cap) did not do UI scaling. Around High Sierra, some Mac models have seemingly adopted the ability.

Apple & UI scaling
Linux Mint 19.3 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 | 2700x 32gb Radeon VII | macOS Mojave

MarcusWolschon

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 pm

You don't scale the UI.
UIs are not bitmap graphics.
UIs are not even supposed to be defined in pixels in this millenia.

You tell the applications about the DPI of each monitor and the applications are supposed to
render their fonts correctly. Separately for each window/dialog depending on what screen
it's shown on.
So a 10pt font is supposed to be 10pt = 3,53mm in physical size when rendered.
You support them by giving them rendering methods for fonts, helper methods for calculating
sizes and good documentations with examples that show these best practices.
In short the graphics API should make it easier to do it correctly then to make wrong assumptions
"because it was easier at that time".

roger.magnusson

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 4:44 pm

SandroSchreiber wrote:As noted by many users, the UI scales correctly under OSX. Is this so much easier to implement in OSX? I am not a developer and I am aware that there are huge differences between the two operating systems. But this problem was reported and documented by Windows users years ago. Just wondering...

Resolve uses the Qt Framework for cross platform UI. They mention some of the differences in the operating systems here: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html

pnguyen720

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 2:27 am

Joe Hudson wrote:an update. selecting the System or System (Enhanced) option in High DPI scaling override in the Resolve exe properties/compatibility options changes the text in Resolve back from comically big to about the right size, but it's then all blurry (on a 31" 4k monitor), where as text in other programs is a similar size but displayed nice and crisply.. I'm using Resolve Studio 16.2.1 on Windows 10.

I just ran across this problem and tried this with the latest 16.2 release and noticed that it's still blurry on my 43" 4K monitor too.

I hope Davinci fixes this soon.

johnford

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 6:27 am

pnguyen720 wrote:
Joe Hudson wrote:an update. selecting the System or System (Enhanced) option in High DPI scaling override in the Resolve exe properties/compatibility options changes the text in Resolve back from comically big to about the right size, but it's then all blurry (on a 31" 4k monitor), where as text in other programs is a similar size but displayed nice and crisply.. I'm using Resolve Studio 16.2.1 on Windows 10.

I just ran across this problem and tried this with the latest 16.2 release and noticed that it's still blurry on my 43" 4K monitor too.

I hope Davinci fixes this soon.

Me too...

HardRoosterLabs

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 12:18 am

4k 32" Monitor here as well. On Windows, I have the UI scaling set to 150% for the whole OS, and that works for me. Resolve looks good at that resolution for me as well.

But in Linux, the UI is tiny and I can't use it. I'm running Mint with the Cinnamon desktop, and I can double the DPI for the UI for the rest of the OS, but this has no impact on the Resolve UI scale. It's always tiny.

If I set the monitor to 1080p with no UI upscaling, the Resolve UI becomes workable, if a touch big for my taste.

I'll probably be using Linux mostly for Blender, but it would be nice to do a bit of video editing, and see if the performance is better. I tend to get a lot of input lag on Windows once I start getting my project built up.

It would be nice to have a UI scale option, like blender has.
Resolve 16 Studio
Windows 10 Pro 2004 - Always kept up to date.
AMD Ryzen 3700X
32GB RAM
RTX 2060 Super 8GB VRAM - Always kept up to date.

johnford

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 am

HardRoosterLabs wrote:4k 32" Monitor here as well. On Windows, I have the UI scaling set to 150% for the whole OS, and that works for me. Resolve looks good at that resolution for me as well.

I'm on Windows with WQHD scaled to 200%, and it still looks terrible. All other programs scale well, Resolve is the only exception.

lml591

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Hallo all,

This is my first post and i couldn't resist to post this.

Just found a youtube about someone called Jimmy Rig explaining some fixes for Resolve scaling issues. His second method is for AMD cards only.

Nvidia seems to also have a super resolution setting in control panel.

I tried this with an nivida 1080 and I'm getting quite good results, better than the thus far known work arounds like override dpi settings and the like.

In nvidia control panel go to "manage 3d settings", scroll down to "find DSR factors". I got mine set to 1.78x. DSR smootness is on 33%, didn't touch that.

I'm on a 27" LG 4k monitor.
Now I can set my display resolution to 5120x2880 with different scaling factors.
Fact is, resolve now looks quite good. There might be some very slight blurriness but barely visible compared to the other workarounds.

Resolve users in windows should try this. This doen't mean of course BM should fix this issue asap.

johnford

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm

lml591 wrote:Hallo all,
I tried this with an nivida 1080 and I'm getting quite good results, better than the thus far known work arounds like override dpi settings and the like.

This doen't mean of course BM should fix this issue asap.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately for my Intel graphics card, there are 3D-options, but nothing comparable to your DSR settings.

lml591 wrote:This doen't mean of course BM should fix this issue asap.

They don't seem to be interested in this issue.

pnguyen720

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 6:14 pm

lml591 wrote:Hallo all,

This is my first post and i couldn't resist to post this.

Just found a youtube about someone called Jimmy Rig explaining some fixes for Resolve scaling issues. His second method is for AMD cards only.

Nvidia seems to also have a super resolution setting in control panel.

In nvidia control panel go to "manage 3d settings", scroll down to "find DSR factors". I got mine set to 1.78x. DSR smootness is on 33%, didn't touch that.

I'm on a 27" LG 4k monitor.
Now I can set my display resolution to 5120x2880 with different scaling factors.
Fact is, resolve now looks quite good. There might be some very slight blurriness but barely visible compared to the other workarounds.

Resolve users in windows should try this. This doen't mean of course BM should fix this issue asap.

I just tried this using 135% custom scaling and didn't see any changes..

Guess I'm stuck at 150%.

Thanks for posting this anyways.

sixpack

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Ubuntu 20.04 on 4K monitor.

DaVinci is unusable. I have no problem to buy USD300 studio version on the spot, as long as the software looks correct on my 4K monitor. I refuse to do any workarounds. The software has to take care of its own UI resolution and scaling. I run Blender and it looks perfect out of the box. I had issue with Inkscape, emailed them, and they fixed it in 1 day, now Inkscape looks perfect on 4K.

I will wait another month till August 2020, and if DaVinci doesn't RESOLVE this GUI issue, I will have to purge it from my life. I am a software developer myself, and I would be ashamed if my software didn't scale itself to whatever monitor size and DPI and system resolution. There is no excuse whether they are using QT or whatever. Blender is using OpenGL to draw its interface, and believe me it looks beautiful.

So DaVinci guys: I will pay for the full version, IF it looks perfect on my 4K monitor. Otherwise I don't understand all the hype about this software. Software that produces graphical professional output can't RESOLVE itself to 4K monitor resolution? In 2020? Who are these people who develop software in 2020, which doesn't look great on ANY resolution. 8K is just round the corner. Will you take another 4 years to adjust from 4K to 8K? Will you be able to handle 8K in 2025?

DaVinci developers: hear my shout out: FIX THE BLOODY 4K GUI or stop developing software. If you were working for me, you would be fired if I couldn't see the menu text and toolbars on 4K monitor. It's a shame! It just shows you are not professional. I want to use your software. I want to pay for it. I'm sure many people will be happy to pay you. In 2020 we use 4K monitors. PERIOD. Your software doesn't support 4K monitors. PERIOD.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-06-15 23-11-52.png
Screenshot from 2020-06-15 23-11-52.png (128.88 KiB) Viewed 38318 times
Last edited by sixpack on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnford

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 5:17 pm

sixpack wrote:Ubuntu 20.04 on 4K monitor.

DaVinci is unusable.

I will wait another month till August 2020, and if DaVinci doesn't RESOLVE this GUI issue, I will have to purge it from my life.

So DaVinci guys: I will pay for the full version, IF it looks perfect on my 4K monitor. Otherwise I don't understand all the hype about this software.

DaVinci developers: hear my shoutout: FIX THE BLOODY 4K GUI or stop developing software.

It is unusable. Not for people with cheap monitors, but for people with good monitors, which is ridiculous.

I've already given up on Resolve. This bug is at least 100 years old.

I wouldn't mind paying either, if they start addressing this ridiculous issue. Finally. Period.

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 am

As far as I can tell High DPI support was added to QT in version 5.6 (release with LTS=long term support)
...in 2016

https://www.qt.io/blog/2016/03/16/qt-5-6-released

Luis Mendoza

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 6:42 am

HiDPI is supported in Resolve (Windows) The issue is with scaling in 4K+ displays. The UI is huge, at the point that is almost unusable. It doesn’t scale well, it goes from tinny (at 100% scaling) to very big at any other superior scaling options.

Many don’t notice but comparing with other apps like premiere, affinity photo, etc. (which scale well) is very apparent.

The problem is not present on macOS though.
Windows 10
Davinci Resolve 17
NVIDIA RTX 2070
Dell Ultrasharp 4K monitor

peterjackson

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 8:25 am

The worst thing is communication. While you see BM staff reply to trivialities all the time, there is nothing but silence on major issues like this.

Not sure what the idea behind that is. At best BM is demotivating their users to report issues leading to a less quality product.

Personally, I find it sad and disrespectful to have zero feedback, acknowledgement or basically any reaction for issues like this.

This is really the theme going on for years. The more serious the issue reported, you're guaranteed silence from BM. Doesn't mean they are not fixing it. Maybe at some point. Still, it's like talking to a wall. And not only talking, often users invest lot's of time to debug and create repos for issues and are usually rewarded with silence.

I certainly like BM as a company, but communication with their users certainly isn't a strength.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 8:30 am

That's not only with professional and intermediate end users but also
with developers trying to use their SDKs and protocoll descriptions.

e.g. You still can't ask a Blackmagic camera via Bluetooth what firmware version it has
= what feature it supports and no longer supports
and there is still not even a documeted list of what exact names each camera identifies with.
Not to mention the crippled Resolve Python SDK with a tiny text file as "documentation" that
is 90% incomplete and 10% plain wrong.

herbiepowell

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 6:05 pm

I found instructions here on this youtube video (sorry it does not seem that I can post URL since I have just registered) Use the following ID after the "?v=" in a youtube URL: F_qgT9Nd1Dg
It addressed the HiDPI resolution problem.

The QT variables in the video above are:
export QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=2
export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=true

Just launch resolve from within your term to test. It worked for me first time. You can adjust the way you launch Davinci Resolve based on your distro to have these QT variables added for each start.

HTH

SteveBrule

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 2:35 pm

johnford wrote:

DaVinci is unusable.

I will wait another month till August 2020, and if DaVinci doesn't RESOLVE this GUI issue, I will have to purge it from my life.

So DaVinci guys: I will pay for the full version, IF it looks perfect on my 4K monitor. Otherwise I don't understand all the hype about this software.

DaVinci developers: hear my shoutout: FIX THE BLOODY 4K GUI or stop developing software.

It is unusable. Not for people with cheap monitors, but for people with good monitors, which is ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind paying either, if they start addressing this ridiculous issue. Finally. Period.

I've been wanting to switch from Premiere Pro to Resolve for years. I downloaded the app a few weeks ago, and started to try it out, but this UI scaling issue is a deal breaker. I'm staying with Adobe for another year.

I'll have to wait until they have a modern interface with scaleable text at least before I'll spend my time learning a new software. Unreadable menus means unusable software. It should be the most important item on the development list. I'm using Windows, so perhaps Resolve is really only meant for Mac users.

johnford

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 6:22 pm

SteveBrule wrote:
johnford wrote:

DaVinci is unusable.

I've been wanting to switch from Premiere Pro to Resolve for years. I downloaded the app a few weeks ago, and started to try it out, but this UI scaling issue is a deal breaker. I'm staying with Adobe for another year.

I'll have to wait until they have a modern interface with scaleable text at least before I'll spend my time learning a new software. Unreadable menus means unusable software. It should be the most important item on the development list. I'm using Windows, so perhaps Resolve is really only meant for Mac users.

Forget about it, they are just not interested in Windows users. There are other issues, like disappearing windows if you use a one monitor setup.

They should simply stop advertising it for Windows, as it DOES NOT WORK ON WINDOWS and will probably never do so.

Uli Plank

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 am

It works very well on many Windows systems, but definitely not on all of them.
But the same is true for Premiere.

BTW, I adore your films, Wim. Thanks for posting them in your 'Werkschau' for your 75th birthday.
Your work is one of my greatest inspirations.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Luis Mendoza

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 8:20 pm

No good news for Resolve 17

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Windows 10
Davinci Resolve 17
NVIDIA RTX 2070

mattts

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Registered a forum account just to watch the threads on this. Eagerly downloaded 17 beta 1 today just to find there’s no change for UI scaling.

Sigh.

carsonjones

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Can't believe how terrible the UI scaling still is on 4K displays in Windows 10. As a generalist, every other application I use handles this flawlessly. Resolve looks like a toy application on 4K displays using any kind of OS scaling. Every time I go back to Resolve it feels like BM are nailing the features and the UI is still clunky and terrible for customization and scaling.

Come on BM crew... let's get this sorted and bring your app's UI into modern times.

johnford

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 9:05 pm

carsonjones wrote:Can't believe how terrible the UI scaling still is on 4K displays in Windows 10. As a generalist, every other application I use handles this flawlessly. Resolve looks like a toy application on 4K displays using any kind of OS scaling. Every time I go back to Resolve it feels like BM are nailing the features and the UI is still clunky and terrible for customization and scaling.

Come on BM crew... let's get this sorted and bring your app's UI into modern times.

:( it will never happen

Luis Mendoza

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 12:11 am

It’s even more noticeable now with the new wheels. They’re ultra tiny in 4K displays because of the lack of space.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Windows 10
Davinci Resolve 17
NVIDIA RTX 2070

SandroSchreiber

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 6:31 am

How on earth is that possible? It's almost 2021...
All I hoped for in version 17 was UI scaling in Windows, working position easing and bug fixes. well :(

The color warper looks very cool though! I am looking forward to try it out!
Resolve Studio 18.6.4 | Resolve Mini Panel | Win11 22H2
GeForce RTX4090 (551.61 studio driver) | DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K, Desktop Video 12.8.1

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 6:57 am

This will be quite a problem when we start working from UHD laptops with FHD USB-monitors in and hotel TVs as secondary displays agian next year. :(

Trensharo

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 8:08 am

I find it hilarious that they'd say it supports FHD only, when so much real estate is wasted on dead space and (unnecessarily) thick toolbars that you can't get viewers and a timeline of decent size at that resolution on display.

And yet they found fit to add another one of these in the inspector.

And I'm pretty sure there are Qt apps that scale properly on Windows.

eikonoklastes

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 8:26 am

This is an amazing release, but it's pretty disappointing to see this issue not yet addressed. I can't think of another professional DCC app that hasn't addressed UI scaling at least 2 or more years ago, meanwhile there hasn't even been a whisper of acknowledgement on Blackmagic's part about whether they're even working on this.

mattts

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 4:29 pm

eikonoklastes wrote:This is an amazing release, but it's pretty disappointing to see this issue not yet addressed. I can't think of another professional DCC app that hasn't addressed UI scaling at least 2 or more years ago, meanwhile there hasn't even been a whisper of acknowledgement on Blackmagic's part about whether they're even working on this.

I’m just learning and doing amateur grade work, but said whisper would give me a whole lot more confidence about hardware and software choices I’m making. Don’t need an ETA, just some acknowledgement of the issue even if it’s “we do not care and will never fix this.”

chrisbrearley

PostFri Nov 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Just embarrassing.

George Atanassov

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 am

Hi,

I haven't had the time to read through all the comments on the thread but doesn't this workaround fix the problem?

MarcusWolschon

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 11:54 am

George Atanassov wrote:Hi,

I haven't had the time to read through all the comments on the thread but doesn't this workaround fix the problem?

A workaround never fixes a problem.
It works around a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Also this only works if you only have 1 display or if all your displays have the same number of pixels per millimeter (seldomly the case).

George Atanassov

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 12:49 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
George Atanassov wrote:Hi,

A workaround never fixes a problem.
It works around a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Also this only works if you only have 1 display or if all your displays have the same number of pixels per millimeter (seldomly the case).

I actually have two displays. A 4K Benq SW271 and a 2K 27 HPz.

Just run into this problem as I am considering switching to PC for desktop work (working on MBP16 2019 + eGPU).

You are probably right I have no idea if this is a good solution. There is definitely sharpness difference in the UI when the 4K display is set to 2K 2560x1440. By this I mean that the UI looks sharer at 2K res than at 4K + the compatibility trick.

Diede van Vree

PostWed Dec 09, 2020 10:14 am

sadly still an issue on 17b4
Windows 10 2004, Resolve Studio 17, Nvidia Studio 457.30
Intel 9960x (16C/32T), 128gb RAM, 1080 GTX 8GB
Mobo: Asus 299x TUF Mark 2

chrisbrearley

PostThu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 pm

The previous best solution of High DPI scaling override performed by system used to throw up a few issues with my wacom, namely you would change one attribute and another one close by would also change. A bit annoying and I would have to switch to the mouse when this happened. In 17 this is even more of an occurrence. It's practically unusable. Literally ever time I click on the screen to change any attribute or property, something else will change. THANKS FOR NOTHING, BLACKMAGIC.

ChrisMassa96

PostThu May 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Well we're well into 2021 with no sign of this ever getting fixed. I imagine Blackmagic will have to overhaul DR at some point for this. I have advocated for DR for years and was going to push for my team to switch to DR, especially since we all shoot on blackmagic cameras in the first place.

My workstation at home is 1080 GUI monitors and I was embarrassed to open up DaVinci Resolve and see the mess it is on our UHD displays. I've stopped pushing for us to use this software and stick with Adobe until this is properly addressed by BMD.

johnford

PostFri May 14, 2021 8:29 am

ChrisMassa96 wrote:I've stopped pushing for us to use this software and stick with Adobe until this is properly addressed by BMD.

A great program turned useless because of the unwillingness to address a stupid error.

Achim Dietze

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 2:47 pm

I have the same Problem. The only thing I found was this:

https://blog.himbeer.me/2020/03/07/fixi ... n-windows/

But apparently there is only a factor of 2, which makes everything HUGE, losing all the screen space you get with an UHD monitor to the UI.

This can not be a QT limitation since other software that uses QT doesn't have this issue. It is hard to understand that a UI in 2021 does not have a slider for scaling...
Fusion has the same flaw btw.

eikonoklastes

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 7:23 pm

What's worse is that Blackmagic absolutely refuse to say a single word about this, despite the endless number of complaints about it. At least drop a note somewhere, anywhere, that you guys acknowledge the issue and that something is in the works. No need to drop a timeframe, but at the very least show some respect to the huge number of topics about this and at least say you've heard us.

Greg Agiannidis

PostFri Jul 09, 2021 7:27 pm

eikonoklastes wrote:What's worse is that Blackmagic absolutely refuse to say a single word about this, despite the endless number of complaints about it. At least drop a note somewhere, anywhere, that you guys acknowledge the issue and that something is in the works. No need to drop a timeframe, but at the very least show some respect to the huge number of topics about this and at least say you've heard us.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=113905

Check the second to last answer... :x

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:There are no controls for UI scaling inside DaVinci Resolve.

The software derives its scaling from the operating system and display. Only 100% and 200% scaling values are supported.

We do not test other scaling values. It may be functional for some setups but there are enough documented cross-platform inconsistencies and issues - menus, UI corruption, mouse cursor offsets and more - that we do not recommend using a scaling factor other than 100% or 200%.
Intel i7 13700K @3,4 Ghz-- Geforce RTX 3090 24GB -- 64GB DDR5 RAM -- 512GB OS nvMe -- 512GB nvMe scratch -- 1TB nvMe footage -- Windows 10 LTSC edition

eikonoklastes

PostSun Jul 11, 2021 6:37 am

Greg Agiannidis wrote:
eikonoklastes wrote:What's worse is that Blackmagic absolutely refuse to say a single word about this, despite the endless number of complaints about it. At least drop a note somewhere, anywhere, that you guys acknowledge the issue and that something is in the works. No need to drop a timeframe, but at the very least show some respect to the huge number of topics about this and at least say you've heard us.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=113905

Check the second to last answer... :x

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:There are no controls for UI scaling inside DaVinci Resolve.

The software derives its scaling from the operating system and display. Only 100% and 200% scaling values are supported.

We do not test other scaling values. It may be functional for some setups but there are enough documented cross-platform inconsistencies and issues - menus, UI corruption, mouse cursor offsets and more - that we do not recommend using a scaling factor other than 100% or 200%.

Heh, feels good to finally get an actual response on it (despite the actual, expected negative reply).

I guess UHD 8K screens at 200% might be the "solution" Blackmagic is waiting for... That, or "Get a Mac."

Meanwhile, I guess, getting a large UHD 4K monitor (32" maybe) and running that at 100% is the only workaround for Windows users to get a Resolve UI that isn't a joke at UHD 4K.

Not ideal, since the PPI for 32" UHD 4K is atrocious, defeating the purpose of having a higher resolution monitor in the first place.

Still, I'm thankful for the reply because at least now I know that Blackmagic isn't even working on it, so I can move on with finding workarounds/solutions of my own, rather than endlessly waiting on them, and getting my hopes up (and then dashed) with every update they release.

Terence Kearns

PostSun Sep 12, 2021 3:12 pm

dmalovic wrote:BMD are a great company, and Resolve is an excellent product, but this problem, especially going largely unnoticed all this time is a bummer. It is easier to edit videos on a FullHD screen than my 3000x2000 screen :(.

To add insult to Injury, I am using Resolve Studio on Linux Ubuntu and It's been virtually unusabl because of the miniscule scaling. For some reason xrandr preports a 5120x2889 over-scanned desktop size instead of my native screen resolution (3840x2160).

I dunno how to fix that but I'd like a setting where you can simply set the scaling from within DR itself.

B_anonymous

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 7:46 am

Hi, all I am not sure if anyone is still having this issue but I found a fix.
Attachments
resolve fix.JPG
Resolve High DPI resolution fix
resolve fix.JPG (142.67 KiB) Viewed 32811 times

chrisbrearley

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 11:26 am

This is not a fix - it's a workaround at best.

The UI is blurry and using a wacom is painful as a lot of the time you click on one area of the screen and you'' change the attribute of something else. Masks in Fusion are also a lot of fun... Not.

Jaw327

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 8:16 pm

BMD has known about this problem for a long time. I don't think they have any intention of addressing it.

roger.magnusson

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 10:32 pm

It's just a hunch, but with several new reported display-related issues in 17.4 I have a feeling they have made some major changes internally that might be the first steps to solving the UI scaling issue.

Or maybe they have just updated some third party frameworks.

johnford

PostTue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:It's just a hunch, but with several new reported display-related issues in 17.4 I have a feeling they have made some major changes internally that might be the first steps to solving the UI scaling issue.

hallelujah
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve