Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

BennoZ

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostWed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 am

christiancusson

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 pm

can't get the record on/off with my new moza air 2 and bmpcc 4k. Did you succeed with the previous bmpcc or the 4k? if it's with the 4k, how did you do it?nbought 2 cables ( one for back up ) mini usb (going in moza air 2) to usb-c ( in bmpcc 4k ) and chose the M3C-USB in camera on the moza but nothing happens...no camera happears on the oled and the record button does nadda! They say to press the moza on/off button once for record and 2 clicks to take photo/still...nadda ...nadda...nadda. can't find anything on the net about it since the 4k was added recently on moza air 2 list of compatible cams

thanks

BennoZ

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

christiancusson wrote:can't get the record on/off with my new moza air 2 and bmpcc 4k. Did you succeed with the previous bmpcc or the 4k? if it's with the 4k, how did you do it?nbought 2 cables ( one for back up ) mini usb (going in moza air 2) to usb-c ( in bmpcc 4k ) and chose the M3C-USB in camera on the moza but nothing happens...no camera happears on the oled and the record button does nadda! They say to press the moza on/off button once for record and 2 clicks to take photo/still...nadda ...nadda...nadda. can't find anything on the net about it since the 4k was added recently on moza air 2 list of compatible cams

thanks

I’m using the BMPCC 4K and record trigger just wirks fine. I bought the cable at Gudsens webshop. Do you have firmware 1.0.4?

christiancusson

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 pm

I bought a usb-c (p4k) to mini usb (moza) is this what you are using and what camera option did you choose on the moza? there is shutter cable, mcsc-multi, mcsc-multi/c, mcsc-remote, m3c-usb.

they say to use m3c-cp in the release notes-air 2 but there is no such thing in the menu...I chose m3c-usb and nothing ( itried all the others too but nothing happens)

What procedure did you use?

thanks a bunch

BennoZ

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:28 pm

christiancusson wrote:I bought a usb-c (p4k) to mini usb (moza) is this what you are using and what camera option did you choose on the moza? there is shutter cable, mcsc-multi, mcsc-multi/c, mcsc-remote, m3c-usb.

they say to use m3c-cp in the release notes-air 2 but there is no such thing in the menu...I chose m3c-usb and nothing ( itried all the others too but nothing happens)

What procedure did you use?

thanks a bunch

The link of the cable I used is mentioned a few posts above. I think only this cable will work. You have to set the gimbal to m3c-usb.

christiancusson

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 pm

I saw they sell their own cable and you're right, finally found a note, somewhere (their manual and add notes and all their chinese to english translation is total crap) and it says:" note that the m3c-c and the m3c-cp are different cables"...so you have to buy their 20us + 20 us shipping 3$ cable cause you don't know how they wired it inside(cause i would have done it myself) and can't find that piece of crap cable anywhere else( even if I have the same both ends plugs than their cable) and also....it's like their wireless remote they sell 119us$ to control the ifocus M, it's obvious they intentionally didn't put the ifocus control in their app so you will have to buy their remote 'cause you have every other functions in that app...why not the wheel?

But Thanks

BennoZ

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 pm

christiancusson wrote:I saw they sell their own cable and you're right, finally found a note, somewhere (their manual and add notes and all their chinese to english translation is total crap) and it says:" note that the m3c-c and the m3c-cp are different cables"...so you have to buy their 20us + 20 us shipping 3$ cable cause you don't know how they wired it inside(cause i would have done it myself) and can't find that piece of crap cable anywhere else( even if I have the same both ends plugs than their cable) and also....it's like their wireless remote they sell 119us$ to control the ifocus M, it's obvious they intentionally didn't put the ifocus control in their app so you will have to buy their remote 'cause you have every other functions in that app...why not the wheel?

But Thanks

Yes, very 'strange' Company and also bad support. But their products are very good. I did pay $45,00 for a silly cable but hey, it works :-)
I believe you can't control the iFocus M by the remote handunit, only the iFocus (without M). But it's very silly that you can't control the iFocus by the app. It's mentioned on their website but when you ask them they say it will be in a future update... I'm waiting 15 months for this update now....

dondidnod

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm

For the next few hours today, the Moza Air 2 is on sale for $349:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... lizer.html

BennoZ

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 8:52 am

Hmmm, the rec start/stop doesn’t work when you use an iFocus-M. If you power the gimbal only iFocus-M works, rec start/stop doesn’t. But when you disconnect and connect the remote USB cable then rec start/stop works and iFocus-M doesn’t. I have two gimbals and both have the same behaviour. Anyone having the same problem?

Jonesxxx

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Were you trying to get the BMPCC4K connected to a Moza AIr 2 using an M3C CP cable from Moza?
So that's USB Mini-B on the Moza and USB -C on the Blackmagic?

You seem to say that you did get this to allow the Moza to start / stop recording.

I have been trying to get this to work but failed.

I've been told to set the Moza camera setting to M3C-USB

Any info you have on getting this working would be appreciated.

Regards

BennoZ

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 7:45 pm

Yes, but it doesn’t work in combination with their iFocus-M. I’m e-mailing Gudsen since July 2020 but they NEVER answer, so it still DOESN’T work. Support is horrible at Gudsen.

Jonesxxx

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Yeh, I found Gudsen support is hit and miss. (sales too).

The thing is, I'd be happy if it worked without iFcous but I can;t get that working.

What did you do to achivee this?

BennoZ

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Rec start and stop works perfect without the iFocus M. But only rec start/stop, iris and so on doesn’t work.
Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Here is the latest e-mail I got from Gudsen last year:

“Hello Benno,
Good day.

Air 2 triggers BMPCC 4K record with latest firmware version V1.0.4, but you need an optional cable like this. Thanks
https://store.gudsen.com/products/mc3-p ... trol-cable

Regards

support@gudsen.com

Jonesxxx

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Sorry to press you on this but no response from Gudsend so far.

This is odd. I have the latest firmware on Moza & Blackmagic. I have that cable.

I set it the Moza camera setting to M3C-USB

But it doesn't work.

Do you have to set anything on the camera?
Is it thew power button that starts/stop recording?

Thanks in advance.

BennoZ

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 12:53 pm

M3C-USB is the correct setting for the gimbal, I just checked again. You don’t have to set anything in camera. I don’t know why it doesn’t work.
Record button is the red one, the power button.
Previous

Return to Cinematography