Blackmagic Branding

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Jim Lazos

Blackmagic Branding

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 11:41 am

I love Blackmagic products but I see in their advertising that it seems to be meant only for people under forty. Being way over forty I’m wondering if I should be using their products. Being in advertising for twenty five years I can’t imagine why someone would target such a limited market. Perhaps they don’t want the greyhaired award winning DOPs to buy their products. Even though it’s a little painful every time I boot up Resolve to remind me that I have been marginalized I’ll continue to use Blackmagic products. I only hope they work in the temperatures of the iceberg they are putting me out on.

wmdwhitt

Re: Blackmagic Branding

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 pm

I feel super old even though I may not be by the world's standards (44). I like the simplicity of their design and logo. I almost didn't come back to Resolve because I had a BM Shuttle that I could not get to work to save my life. It is just a dead box to me. Too hard to figure out and plug and play with different devices. But Premeire had been crapping out on me lately and I loaded Resolve up again and I spent the time to get it to work for me. No crashes and when it did, it asked to save my project. I was like, "Thank you very much. Do you come here often? What is your sign 01100010 01101100 01100001 01100011 01101011 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01100011?" All jokes aside the software is amazing. I hope all their other products are this powerful. I am a Canon video guy with a DJI Spark, and a dozen or so GoPros. :D
Will Whitt • WWPTV on YouTube and Facebook • DC Area
Mac Book Pro 16GB 2TB BM eGPU • DR17

Ralph Hartwell

PostSun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Well, maybe I should quit using Resolve Studio and find something else, since I am 81 years young.

Nah.. Think I'll stick with Resolve, it works too well to give it up. :D

For me, the branding is OK, since in my mind, I am still 20, and ready to take on the world.

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Jun 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Oh, didn't you guys know.
Blackmagic Design is an Australian company.

Australia has this kind of "Soylent Green" policy.
When you turn 35 they turn you into a wallaby or kangaroo(due to old age I cannot remember which) and put you out to pasture.

That is why you never see anyone with grey hair in their adds.

Go Springboks!
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

Return to Off-Topic