Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

project slowing down too big? not set up correctly

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jason man

project slowing down too big? not set up correctly

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 4:46 am

I am working with an old I mac 2013, 3.5 GHz intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 of memory, graphics-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB, running Resolve 15.

i know very little about computers I started my first short film almost 2 years ago now and have been slowly learning resolve. the film is a Sci Fi so has a fair bit of fusion work, rotoscoping and colour grading already, the thing is i have been working on it as one complete timeline and doing all my special effects as one project about 60 clips, the further i have gotten into the project the slower it has become and now it just does'nt really work at all, the rainbow wheel of death just turns and resolve crashes a lot.

A friend of mine told me i should be working on each clip as a separate project, so the computer is not reading everything in my project each time i am woking on anything, which makes sense my question is how do i make my existing project into 60 different projects, whilst saving all the work i have put in so i don't have to do all that work again, or do I have to use my original cut and then implement all the fusion and colour grading again?

any suggestions would be really appreciated or even just some resources, I find i have no more hair to pull out and when it comes to resolve I find it hard to get answers out there

thanks for looking at my post

Return to Fusion