ATEM Television Studio HD: 1080p/60?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

awi1964

ATEM Television Studio HD: 1080p/60?

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 pm

Hello everyone,

please bear with me if I should have found the answer in this forum - well I didn't.

There are reviews about issues with the ATEM Television Studio HD when 1080p/60 is the required output format, especially with the SDI inputs. Looking into the manual, this might be the true: I found the highest supported format being 1080(i,p)59,94.

I'd want to use the switcher primarily with laptop sources for my software courses, and the graphic cards that I own deliver /60. Straight, no fraction. With my ATEM Mini, this is not a problem, since the video specs can be set to both 1080p/59.94 and /60.

As I need additional inputs, I was thinking of the ATEM Television Studio HD, but everything should be in sync, of course - not only "for the most part".

Any reliable propositions before I buy one?

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD: 1080p/60?

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Hello Andreas. The HDMI inputs on the Television Studio HD accept 60 Hz frame rates while the SDI inputs only accept 59.94 Hz in this case. You might consider the Up Down Cross HD for the SDI inputs as they will accept a variety of computer resolutions. Stay safe.

Regards. Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production