VideoHub Soft Panels?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

090 Media

VideoHub Soft Panels?

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

Is there a repository somewhere of third-party software people have written based on Blackmagic SDKs?

What I'm looking to do specifically is give a customer access to a subset of inputs/outputs on a VideoHub router by creating a soft panel (Windows app or web app) that would allow basic routing control only among that subset.

Any ideas? Thx.

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: VideoHub Soft Panels?

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 11:35 pm

I think you should be able to do this by configuring a custom button layout in the Blackmagic Videohub Control software.

In terms of 3rd party integration, both Bitfocus Companion and JustMacros have Videohub integration, but they tend to be more geared toward using hardware control surfaces (Stream Deck or X-Keys) for control. Although Bitfocus Companion also has a Stream Deck emulator interface that can be run on a computer.

090 Media

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 11:47 pm

The problem with the custom button layouts is that you can't limit a user to just one layout. This needs to restrict the user to just the subset of ports their allowed to touch.

I'll check out the StreamDeck emulator thing. Might do the trick. Any other ideas welcome, though!

Thanks!

David Hutchinson

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Try a streamdeck with Companion software - should do the job nicely

Return to Live Production