BMPCC (not 4k) with Elgato capture cards

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

andriisev

BMPCC (not 4k) with Elgato capture cards

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 am

Hi guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the old BMPCC and any of the elgato capture cards? I know for sure that my BMPCC did not produce clean HDMI signal to regular office monitors (maybe I did not set things properly, but my monitor was blank), it worked with lilliput field monitor.

Right now I'm afraid to buy an Elgato product to further find out it is not supported. On Elgato website BMPCC4K is stated as supported, but I'm not sure about the old BMPCC.

Thanks!

Denny Smith

Re: BMPCC (not 4k) with Elgato capture cards

PostTue Jul 14, 2020 5:51 pm

The original BMPCC outputs the same type of HD, 4.2.2 10-bit signal stream, the difference being the size of the sensor. The Picket 4K does not output UHD or 4K video via its HDMI. So you should be good to go.
On the Pocket Camera, you need to turn off camera overlays in the Monitoring menu.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

carlomacchiavello

Re: BMPCC (not 4k) with Elgato capture cards

PostTue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 pm

andriisev wrote:Hi guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the old BMPCC and any of the elgato capture cards? I know for sure that my BMPCC did not produce clean HDMI signal to regular office monitors (maybe I did not set things properly, but my monitor was blank), it worked with lilliput field monitor.

Right now I'm afraid to buy an Elgato product to further find out it is not supported. On Elgato website BMPCC4K is stated as supported, but I'm not sure about the old BMPCC.

Thanks!
Your monitor could be blank be cause probably you send bad signal, computer monitor read only 60hz signal that mean 30p, if you setup different frame rate output was wrong for computer monitor. Like a Danny said, you can disable overlay from monitor ti have clean signal.
Legato should support more frame rate format than your monitor

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Off-Topic