Should I sell my Radeon 5700 GPU?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Mudal87

Should I sell my Radeon 5700 GPU?

PostThu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 am

Hi All,

Hope you can help me decide.

I’m using the free version of Blackmagic. My computer set up is:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600,
32gb 3000mhz ram,
m.2 SSD Samsung 256gg (OS),
256gb ssd (scratch drive),
3tb Hdd.

Now I had Nvidia 960 2gb and upgraded to amd Radeon 5700 8gb last year.

I own a DJI osmo pocket and mainly use this for video editing but hoping to one day get a fuji xt3/xt30, so I’m an very much in the hobbyist newbie camp.

Now truth be told I didn’t see a remarkable difference between the two graphics card when I upgraded maybe apart from the timeline scrubbing but I still have to go to quarter resolution and optimise media to have a decent run of things. I read somewhere it’s better to have the m.2 as the scrub drive and ssd as OS drive so may try that. I’m planning to upgrade the ryzen 5 for the latest 3600 model but is there any point in selling the 5700 and putting a bit of money to to get the rtx 2060 6gb?

Carsten Sellberg

Re: Should I sell my Radeon 5700 GPU?

PostThu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi.

nVidea will release new graphics cards in the near future. And AMD will release its coming High End Navi graphics cards before the end of the year.

And last week did Lisa Su President and CEO of AMD confirmed on twitter, that the next generation of AMD CPU's called 'Zen 3 are looking great in the lab and will be certainly launching this year.'

So will suggest you wait and buy the coming components.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

Mudal87

Re: Should I sell my Radeon 5700 GPU?

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 am

Carsten Sellberg wrote:Hi.

nVidea will release new graphics cards in the near future. And AMD will release its coming High End Navi graphics cards before the end of the year.

And last week did Lisa Su President and CEO of AMD confirmed on twitter, that the next generation of AMD CPU's called 'Zen 3 are looking great in the lab and will be certainly launching this year.'

So will suggest you wait and buy the coming components.

Regards Carsten.

Never thought of that, definitely will look into this! Thank you

Return to Off-Topic