grabbing a still frame

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Allen24

grabbing a still frame

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 11:41 pm

I keep saying how convoluted Resolve is...and this one takes the cake. I want to grab a sill...from the timeline. That's a joke. You have to go into the color module...grab a still from the color timeline, then you can export it to where-ever.
Why isn't it as simple as Premiere?? You should be able to simply park your timeline indicator on the frame you want and click "export a still". How is this not a thing?

Now I just researched this on the internet. If I'm wrong - please let me know. Other-wise, somebody please tell BlackMagic that if they want hordes of Premiere Pro people to jump ship and come over... they have to start simplifying the simplest things.

jallen0

Re: grabbing a still frame

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Page 359 of the Beginners Guide talks about grabbing stills also holding metadata to reapply the grade that you were working on. This is why it is under the Color Module.

As to why one program works differently than another program. Well that's what makes life fun.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Return to Off-Topic